You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Luton (A) - Sun 5th Nov 2023 (4:30pm)

Trumo

Dreadful performance, borderline shameful. Mac Callister is nowhere near good enough to play for Liverpool, bang average is high praise. Nunez I am not a fan of, way too erratic, he’s not good enough to be our main striker imo. CL qualification is absolutely the best we can achieve and that won’t be easy, that was an absolute horror show, Luton are utter dogshit and will be swatted away with ease by the top clubs. 

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

Wholly predictable it was going to be a tough game after playing midweek in a monsoon, but this was literally all Nunez' fault.

He takes even just one of his like 7 chances and we win comfortably. But hey look the expectations for him are higher than other strikers, can't expect him to score open goal tap ins.

Maybe but Szoboslai. What the fuck was up with him?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pidge said:

Dire performance. Deserved nothing from that. Just a lack of work and a lack of care. Total complacency.

Get Trent back playing his position please. 

Can't for the life of me understand why Trent would prefer to be an average to slightly above average DM in possession over being the best attacking fullback in the world.

• Upvote 1

Salah has been awful today. This draw is as bad as defeat, feelings wise. Should've been out of sight and we were blessed to get the draw at the end with a goal out of will rather than skill. Delighted for Diaz but Darwin is going to get load of stick from all and sundry after that miss. It's a shame but misses like that that cost you points aren't good enough.

An awful day but the barest of minimums before we began.

We've City in 3 weeks time. Turn up like that and we'll get done like Bournemouth yesterday.

Some thick as shit performances out there today, including, I may add, taking Dom off and leaving MacAllister on. Tsimukas must have half of our foul count on his own, all of them needless. Fuck knows where this complacency comes from. Oh well, at least we didn't lose. Looking forward to Luton getting twatted by their next opponent, barely stringing two passes together.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Megadrive Man said:

People massively overacting today.

This is our worst performance of the season, our first poor performance so far and we've still managed to get something from the game. We'd have definitely lost that game last season.

Ha, just posted the same thing. Can you imagine this fixture with last season’s Henderson and Keita in there?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rushies tash said:

Some thick as shit performances out there today, including, I may add, taking Dom off and leaving MacAllister on. Tsimukas must have half of our foul count on his own, all of them needless. Fuck knows where this complacency comes from. Oh well, at least we didn't lose. Looking forward to Luton getting twatted by their next opponent, barely stringing two passes together.

Any game where they don't have ten men back will see them lose by at least three goals.

1 minute ago, Elite said:

Disgraceful performance.

Nunez is a complete liability and Macalister is bang average.

This Trent experiment needs to end, he thinks he's Pirlo but plays like Charlie Adam.

This Trent experiment seems like a huge indulgence to me, just doesn’t look like us at all. 

That said, today wasn’t down to it, it was just a sloppy half arsed performance by two thirds of the team. 

3 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Maybe but Szoboslai. What the fuck was up with him?

He's played every single minute in the league before this game, including lots of minutes in Europe and in cups, and he plays every minute for his national team.

He's played a shitload of football this season and he runs like crazy as well. He was obviously going to tire at some point.

Shit, but I'm getting sick of the team playing without width. 

Robertson and Trent used to give us that, and it defined us as a team. I know this is new iteration and tactics but I preferred the old way. Trent fannying around in the middle reminds me of when Beckham got indulged with England in the middle of the field. 

• Upvote 2