You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

1 hour ago, A Red said:

I didn't watch the analysis after the City game but I think the ref blew his whistle after waving play on because he thought Grealish was offside. He was actually trying to help them. Fuck em.

I thought the same and because of the assist refs don't raise their flag bollocks he had no idea he was wrong. 

41 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

I thought the same and because of the assist refs don't raise their flag bollocks he had no idea he was wrong. 

This is true actually. Not flagging is mad - someone will get hurt at some point contesting a ball when the lino knew it was off but was leaving it to VAR, but that point you made is spot on as well. 

The whole thing is a fucking mess

2 hours ago, A Red said:

I didn't watch the analysis after the City game but I think the ref blew his whistle after waving play on because he thought Grealish was offside. He was actually trying to help them. Fuck em.

That was my thought as well.

No way the referee (in the City match) blows up for offside, linesmen don't even flag them anymore so no way a ref will stop play. What I think happens is the ball holds up so much on the long grass that the ref thinks the advantage has gone and the Spurs player is getting across to nick it. The ref is incorrect and should have let the situation play out. But I can see how it might have happened.

City kept the grass long against us last week too, so it's their own fault.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, A Red said:

Isn't the ref a spurs fan? The same cunt that made sure we weren't going to best spurs