You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dominik Szoboszlai - Welcome to Liverpool

Megadrive Man

55 minutes ago, suzy said:

I finally watched his signing video - he’ll do for me! What brilliant English he speaks, seems a really nice guy too.

Seemed incredibly dull though. Clearly one of those who has always got by on looks and talent and never had to bother with charisma. Very few of us have all three though to be fair.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, dave u said:

Seemed incredibly dull though. Clearly one of those who has always got by on looks and talent and never had to bother with charisma. Very few of us have all three though to be fair.

It’s a cross some of us have to bear 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, dave u said:

Don't know, he seemed comfortable and not awkward in the video. By all accounts, for someone who is the undisputed star of his country, he's said to be a good mix of down to earth and cockiness.

37 minutes ago, dave u said:

I'm struggling to think of a modern era Footballer who isn't dull. I'm not really expecting Mohammed Ali when I see them get interviewed 

41 minutes ago, Mook said:

I'm struggling to think of a modern era Footballer who isn't dull. I'm not really expecting Mohammed Ali when I see them get interviewed 

They have years of media training and are 'owned' by corporate brands. They are also terrified of revealing anything that those bosses dislike. Blandness PLC.

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, Mook said:

It amazes me- Id make Gazza look introvert if I was banging in goals at the top of my game with 60,000 fans singing my name.

7 hours ago, Mook said:

What did he ever say that was worth listening to?

He smiled a lot and had ridiculous teeth but I wouldn't equate that to charisma.

I don't expect a fella from Brazil to be a compelling orator in the English language. That said, even then he is probably moreso than 80% of the English lads.

He oozes charisma. It drips off him like sweat.

28 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

I don't expect a fella from Brazil to be a compelling orator in the English language. That said, even then he is probably moreso than 80% of the English lads.

He oozes charisma. It drips off him like sweat.

Can't really agree but fair enough.

25 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Which part man?

Being more interesting than 80% of English lads in his second language or dripping charisma all over the floor?

No insult to Bobby but I don't find any Footballers these days remotely interesting, other that what they can do with a ball. Being more interesting than 80% of them is like being better on the guitar than 80% of bricks.

I don't think he oozes charisma either but that's subjective so I don't expect everyone to agree.

• 2 weeks later...