You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Real Madrid (A) Champions League 15/3/2023

Bjornebye

I started the Barcelona comeback thread. I'm starting this. We need a miracle. I believed last time, I believe this time. It's just like us to come off a shite result like today and shock the world (again) on Wednesday. Early goal and we could produce the absolute unthinkable. 

Fuck UEFA.

050503-020-Liverpool_Chelsea.jpeg

• Upvote 6

Van Dijk, Salah and Trent will be up for this one as it’s a big, high-profile occasion but I don’t think we’ll lay a glove on them in terms of the overall tie.

The three goal lead will allow them to manage the game and will result in a slightly flattering result for us, in the range of a narrow defeat, draw or unlikely one goal win on the night. 

12 hours ago, an tha said:

Have they ever been beaten by 3 or more clear goals at home in europe?

Edit - this seems to be the worst.

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/real-madrid-suffer-biggest-home-defeat-in-europe-after-cska-moscow-humbling/7px5p81ax5y01xd8br2bq73cs

Ajax beat them 4-1 to knock them out after losing to them at home in 2019 too.

1 hour ago, JohnnyH said:

1-1 I reckon. Madrid won’t attack as they know the only tiny chance we have is on the break. 

Pretty much how I see it. I just can't see Madrid being naive enough to open the game up.

They'll sit patient, make it tough for us to get behind them and wait for our mistakes at the other end.

I'm struggling to muster any enthusiasm for this.  (Creator and Daisy are moving in the shadows, smiling as they try to summon me to the Dark Side.) If it were at Anfield, I'd have a lot more belief. As it is, I think the best we can hope for is a narrow win on the night to save face.

It'd be nice to be proved wrong, like.

Just get these beat, Reds.

• Upvote 1