You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Real Madrid (H) - CL Round of 16 1st leg, Tue 21st Feb 2023 (8:00pm)

Trumo

32 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Am rewatching it all now with coffee. 

Madrid goal 1.

Henderson and Alisson to blame. 

Henderson decides, inexplicably, to leave his position (which blocks VJ's sight of goal) to go and track a run of another player outside the area...who he actually doesn't even go with.  It really is a sight to behold.  

Even then, Alisson is beaten way too easily.  Its 20 yards out, it's on the floor, it's on an angle, it's poor for a top keeper to concede.   Nunez had a similar effort saved by Pickford or Pope last week. 

Can also argue Van Dijk could be more alert to the shot and get in a blocking position.  

Hendo making that move was inexplicable and gave the twat the room he needed. I don’t blame Allison for not making the save. Goals 2 to 5 were all even more preventable and brought about by shocking lack of awareness.

Madrid Goal 5

Alisson decides not to be in goal for this one, in fact by the time he gets his pyjama'd frame off the floor there's 5 players closer to the goal than him. He doesn't actually dive, he slips, which is probably a whole extra conversation we should be having about why this is happening all game. This is primary school level problem-solving, where the teacher tells the parent to send the lad in with some 'proper boots' next time they do football in PE. 

But actually I'm not bothered about what happens in the area, the crimes were committed earlier.  

Modric, the 35 year old, storms past Fabinho and Bajcetic.  A nothing situation turns into an emergency.  

Robertson also fails to get back quick enough, it's incredibly casual. 

22 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Madrid Goal 4

We manage to get overrun by the Madrid attack despite us having 2 more players than them, it was 5 on 8 and we still allowed a situation to develop where Benzema has time and space to shoot from inside our area, while simultaneously Valverde has his own circle of space with a diameter of 10 yards in every direction on the edge of the area, and also Vinicius Jr is left unmarked 5 yards behind Trent.  There's too much to unpick here, it's just amateurish. 

Screenshot_20230222-093613.png

Screenshot_20230222-092546.png

7 players in our own box and not one cunt thought to keep an eye on the little twat who always scores against us.

The 90 minutes I can deal with, its the last 9 months that's the most infuriating.

9 months ago we played these in a European cup final, we were by far the better team, yet lost. 9 months down the line and we look a million miles away from the team we once were.

What the hell has gone on both on the park and behind the scenes, to create this tragic drop off. 

38 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Madrid Goal 5

Alisson decides not to be in goal for this one, in fact by the time he gets his pyjama'd frame off the floor there's 5 players closer to the goal than him. He doesn't actually dive, he slips, which is probably a whole extra conversation we should be having about why this is happening all game. This is primary school level problem-solving, where the teacher tells the parent to send the lad in with some 'proper boots' next time they do football in PE. 

But actually I'm not bothered about what happens in the area, the crimes were committed earlier.  

Modric, the 35 year old, storms past Fabinho and Bajcetic.  A nothing situation turns into an emergency.  

The most criminal thing there to me here is Fabinho not attempting to take him out, this was easily preventable with a bit of cynicism, at least Bacjetic appears to have tried.

40 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Madrid Goal 5

You are a brave man for watching that back.

League doesn't lie . Anyone who has watched all our matches if they are honest , would say we are fortunate to have the number of points we have .

I can accept the decline however I cannot understand or fathom even with underperforming players Klopp and his team have not been able to find "something" that works .  

Tactics , personnel , whatever change something . Ok Madrid were lucky however, they were in possession of the ball near or in our box too much allowing the luck to shine on them .  I can see it , every fan can see it, just do something . How about 5 midfield salah up front by himself ? . I don't know but they need to do something . Now everyone saying a beating like that will affect them mentally . Really ? I am affected mentally watching this shite. 

32 minutes ago, Tenfolder said:

The most criminal thing there to me here is Fabinho not attempting to take him out, this was easily preventable with a bit of cynicism, at least Bacjetic appears to have tried.

It's not even that Fabinho doesn't try to take him out - he actively gets out of his way to give him a free run.

I've never seen a player decline so far, so fast. It's unprecedented in world football.

12 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Madrid were there for the taking. 

Our attacking play fell to pieces, and the biggest problem was a lack of a midfielder capable of finding gaps to exploit. 

Madrid got to 0-2 and tightened up. 

We had no answer in midfield. 

Disagree, at 2-0 we sat deep and let them have the ball, hoping to extend them on the break and preserve the lead. The issue is you can't let that team have the ball around your area. They're too good. We should have kept harassing them at least for a while longer. 

Besides ancelotti had the full backs deep to reduce the risk of those counters. 

At that point, you're right, a midfielder that can attack the space behind valverde and in front of carvajal could have made a difference. Not sure I'd be blaming Jones for that, mind you. I would have thought Elliot for bajcetic was the right change at the wrong time. As Jota for Nunez had reduced the threat in behind too much by that point anyway.

I despise Ancelotti his record against Klopp is horrible.

The deal we made with the Gods in Istanbul in '05 must have come to an end at this stage / Carlo must be satisfied with the outcome of last years final & now last night.... Carlo put the Voodoo doll of Klopp away now & leave us be...

2 hours ago, Carra_is_legend said:

I see that Henderson has again come out with the we made mistakes, they punished us crap. Just another player who spouts the same crap after a loss.

How about stop making those fucking mistakes so you don't get fucking punished. I would like to see a stat on where we are with mistakes that led directly to goals this year. 

How about we just fuck him off with the other useless cunts.  Thick as shit giving the joke a new contract.

2 minutes ago, Mark M said:

The deal we made with the Gods in Istanbul in '05 must have come to an end at this stage / Carlo must be satisfied with the outcome of last years final & now last night.... Carlo put the Voodoo doll of Klopp away now & leave us be...

There's no voodoo.  How Klopp sets up is simply predictable as fuck as has been shown multiple times against shit clubs this Season.  This squad cannot do what it did in previous Years that's been obvious from early on in the Season.

• Upvote 1

Having had a sleep to reflect on things, I'm still quite optimistic about the remaining games. 

Whilst the second half was poor, i think there was lots of positives in the game too. It wasnt a 5-2 game for me. We arent the same team as 12 months ago. At this point everyone knows that, so no point getting depressed about it. 

We have kicked on from a few weeks back, where it looked like we couldnt buy a win, and the front 3 couldnt score if you played all week. There is a degree of energy back in the team now and the attack is starting to look pretty good. We will likely go out of this competition and only have the league left, however, we have got most of our aways out of the way against the teams above us (I think) and the quality of teams left to play will not be near Madrid, so im expecting more good performances between now and May, before we say thank you and goodbye, to those who we should already have bid farewell to.

Somebody made the point you are only as good as your weakest link and id agree. You take out Gomez, Henderson and Bajceitc/Fabinho and replace them with young quality players and i think we fly back up the league and compete with the best.

2 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Am rewatching it all now with coffee. 

Madrid goal 1.

Henderson and Alisson to blame. 

Henderson decides, inexplicably, to leave his position (which blocks VJ's sight of goal) to go and track a run of another player outside the area...who he actually doesn't even go with.  It really is a sight to behold.  

Even then, Alisson is beaten way too easily.  Its 20 yards out, it's on the floor, it's on an angle, it's poor for a top keeper to concede.   Nunez had a similar effort saved by Pickford or Pope last week. 

Can also argue Van Dijk could be more alert to the shot and get in a blocking position.  

Henderson there, just wow.

28 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

7 players in our own box and not one cunt thought to keep an eye on the little twat who always scores against us.

It's happening all the time.  

I'm not sure what Klopp wants from them, they seem to be all in a line, zonal, which is presumably what he wants, but Klopp hasn't figured out the rest of it??

This isn't good enough from Klopp.  In the cold light of day...it doesn't get any better when we look at it.  Its no accident we're mid table and it's no accident we conceded 5 last night.

2 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Henderson there, just wow.

Looks to me like Henderson is trying to prevent a return pass to Benzema….because surely Vinicius can’t get a shot away with Trent, Gomez and Fabinho all surrounding him?

It’s been a feature of our defending all season that it’s only Konate who is prepared to throw his body in the way of shots, and the full backs have been abysmal at stopping crosses coming in. Basics. 

2 hours ago, sir roger said:

One of my biggest worries is Jurgen repeating the 'We need to be braver', mantra.

No we don't, we need to be more staid and stop trying to get technically  limited players to go past the ball and strand themselves when a pass inevitably goes astray.

Jurgen has basically a 16 game free-hit to sort out exactly who he wants and doesn't want next season, decide if he is up for it and if so, roast Linda's cunt while John Henry watches until he gets promised the monies he needs for the rebuild.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CapeRed said:

Hendo making that move was inexplicable and gave the twat the room he needed. I don’t blame Allison for not making the save. Goals 2 to 5 were all even more preventable and brought about by shocking lack of awareness.

I think someone should set Henderson's movement for goals 1 and 3 to music.  Classic Hendo.

18 minutes ago, Mark M said:

I like Carlo, great manager and a great guy. Definitely more likable than some of his contemporaries over the years like Mourinho, Pep and Ferguson. He has been lucky to beat us in 2 finals when we were the better team though. No arguments about last night however, his team were simply better, and he was better than Klopp on the night too.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Baltar said:

I like Carlo, great manager and a great guy. Definitely more likable than some of his contemporaries over the years like Mourinho, Pep and Ferguson. He has been lucky to beat us in 2 finals when we were the better team though. No arguments about last night however, his team were simply better, and he was better than Klopp on the night too.

His players are much better than Klopp's too. Real Madrid are the Man City template,but without much of the history.

42 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Disagree, at 2-0 we sat deep and let them have the ball, hoping to extend them on the break and preserve the lead. The issue is you can't let that team have the ball around your area. They're too good. We should have kept harassing them at least for a while longer.

It's clear we don'thave the energy to do that any more.

Every pre-season we hear about how Milner tops all the fitness charts. I'm beginning to think that says less about Milner and more about the rest of them.

• Upvote 1