You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

3 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Caceido a £70m+ player?

Nonsense. 

Kick the arses of the scouts and get them down to South and Central America for the next 2 months.  

Would be worth every penny of that £70m just to watch our illustrious skipper take a long walk off a short pier.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Caceido a £70m+ player?

Nonsense. 

Kick the arses of the scouts and get them down to South and Central America for the next 2 months.  

From all reports Liverpool (and United) really wanted Caicedo direct from South America but he had multiple agents and ownership complications which kept putting the price up so both clubs dropped out.

I really don't think the club and its scouts/data teams have an issue with identifying talent at all (e.g Enzo Fernandes was identified pre Benfica), it just goes down to the money provided by owners, the willingness to take risks direct from S America as well as where Klopp and the coaches think they should allocate the budget to. 

22 minutes ago, Bad Red Bull said:

Rumours rife on Twitter that Pochettino is favourite to take over Chelsea after the end of the season and that Mount is kinda hesitant now. Good news, I would say 

Yep but the fume from of our fan base who didn’t want him anyway will be hilarious. 

1 hour ago, El Dangerous said:

I checked that earlier and that OCKOP has sourced that from some no mark blagger who’s ‘heard’ that. 

Apparently Jac Talbot works for The Mirror in some capacity. 

I started one of his transfers videos once and turned it off within a minute. He has all the charisma of any inanimate object which is not particularly exciting.

Fjortoft and Faulk have both said it was never off. 

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

Yep but the fume from of our fan base who didn’t want him anyway will be hilarious. 

Exactly this, then when it ends up being Conor Gallagher or some lesser english lad(because it's fairly clearly the homegrown quota is exactly why Mount is being targeted) there will be more outrage.

2 hours ago, Bad Red Bull said:

Rumours rife on Twitter that Pochettino is favourite to take over Chelsea after the end of the season and that Mount is kinda hesitant now. Good news, I would say 

Spurs just sacked their interim manager.  I wonder is it done so they can try and get Poch before he joins Chelsea. The fans will go nuts at Levy if he goes to Chelsea