You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Emergency Ward 10 - The Injuries Thread

an tha

8 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

His brittleness is pretty well acknowledged on here, with plenty suggesting we need to get rid of him because he can’t be relied on.

It’s a shame, as he’s world class in his limited fit spells.

Anyway, it’s a big blow for the rest of the season. 

World class? He's meant to be the best finisher of all time and he's never even been a 1 in 2 goal scorer.

2 weeks out with a hip niggle. Our medical team need canning.

Speaking ahead of the Merseyside derby, Klopp said Jota is now set for a two-week absence as a result. "Diogo scored the goal, felt a little bit and now we found out it's a little bit more," Klopp told reporters.

"So he will be out for two weeks. Besides that, no [other new injury concerns]. I cannot really say a lot about it, to be honest. Before which game where he didn't start, he got a knock – normal challenge, then felt a little bit at the hip.

"That was then fine because we didn't start him, brought him on, that was alright. Then he started the last game, was obviously OK and then with the finish… it's a small one but we are late in the season, so obviously now it's not a great moment for each injury pretty much.

"It's not a big one. When I say two weeks, actually really it's pretty much nothing but enough to not be available."

Klopp's comments on it are almost funny:

Asked at his pre-Everton press conference today about any fresh injury problems, Klopp said: “Unfortunately, yes. Diogo scored the goal, felt a little bit and now we found out it’s a little bit more.

“So he will be out for two weeks.

“Besides that, no [other new injury concerns].”

The manager added of Jota: “I cannot really say a lot about it, to be honest. Before which game where he didn’t start, he got a knock – normal challenge, then felt a little bit at the hip. That was then fine because we didn’t start him, brought him on, that was alright.

“Then he started the last game, was obviously OK and then with the finish… it’s a small one but we are late in the season, so obviously now it’s not a great moment for each injury pretty much.

“It’s not a big one. When I say two weeks, actually really it’s pretty much nothing but enough to not be available.”

18 minutes ago, an tha said:

Klopp's comments on it are almost funny:

Asked at his pre-Everton press conference today about any fresh injury problems, Klopp said: “Unfortunately, yes. Diogo scored the goal, felt a little bit and now we found out it’s a little bit more.

“So he will be out for two weeks.

“Besides that, no [other new injury concerns].”

The manager added of Jota: “I cannot really say a lot about it, to be honest. Before which game where he didn’t start, he got a knock – normal challenge, then felt a little bit at the hip. That was then fine because we didn’t start him, brought him on, that was alright.

“Then he started the last game, was obviously OK and then with the finish… it’s a small one but we are late in the season, so obviously now it’s not a great moment for each injury pretty much.

“It’s not a big one. When I say two weeks, actually really it’s pretty much nothing but enough to not be available.”

If it’s pretty much nothing then put him on the bench ffs. We’ve got 5 games to go and he’s giving our only live striker 2 weeks off. Klopp should be telling him to strap himself up and get out there. Luis Suarez must be spinning in his grave seeing these tarts who followed him. 

7 minutes ago, Red74 said:

If it’s pretty much nothing then put him on the bench ffs. We’ve got 5 games to go and he’s giving our only live striker 2 weeks off. Klopp should be telling him to strap himself up and get out there. Luis Suarez must be spinning in his grave seeing these tarts who followed him. 

Agreed.

In the NHL playoffs, you need to be incapacitated to not play. 5 games left to go in the season when the title is possible is basically the equivalent. Tell the pussy he’s gotta be available.

17 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Medical team telling Klopp he can't be used?

Can you imagine Souness, McMahon or Gerrard throwing in the towel in a title race with 5 matches to go because «he felt something» in his hip? 

Soft, overprotected lads, nearly all of them. Get rid. And send the whole medical team with him.

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, an tha said:

Medical team telling Klopp he can't be used?

Why listen to them now. He’s off next month and this is his last chance to win a major trophy with us. 

These crocks have pissed me off for the last time. Getting rid off Ox and Keita was a good decision. Now Thiago, Matip and Jota should follow. There's no point in having good players if they are missing more games than they play. 

9 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Why listen to them now. He’s off next month and this is his last chance to win a major trophy with us. 

I feel we have entered a whole new era where these medical teams have a level of influence that is much higher than we have ever seen before - if they say a player can't play, a player isn't playing.

There is probably a load of supporting 'data' that proves it prolongs careers and leads to players being healthier in later life etc, but IMHO I am inclined to think that maybe at times there is just a bit too much of a no risk policy/the line is in the wrong place.

We need to get rid of all these sicknotes

Jota is a great finisher but its getting ridiculous having all these injury players in the squad taking up squad places and big wages. 

I’m convinced that Jota injury is on that Cunt Bassey. The tackle on Jota that led to the goal. He was clipped from behind and as he fell to the floor Bassey then went into him and deliberately fell, knees first onto the side of Jota’s lower legs. It wouldn’t surprise me if that twisted his hip.