You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Emergency Ward 10 - The Injuries Thread

an tha

2 minutes ago, Dapower said:

I don’t know I’m not interested in that shite but just read he and Robertson were not involved in training today 

He played Tuesday night and a full 90 minutes. That rules him out of this weekend regardless as he's such a crisp bag, we can't risk him that quickly as every time he plays twice in a week he breaks down. So he'll play Thursday or the following Sunday probably. 

6 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Yeah Konate played on tuesday night. 

Probably resting him or he took a little knock and they are being cautious 

Its not right that these crisp bag players are allowed to play shit friendlies but have missed games before for their club

10 minutes ago, Dapower said:

Its not right that these crisp bag players are allowed to play shit friendlies but have missed games before for their club

It is simply wrong that he was not fit enough to play for us but then plays a fucking friendly....it would be a double kick in the bollocks if playing in that friendly meant he couldn't play for us this weekend.

6 minutes ago, an tha said:

It is simply wrong that he was not fit enough to play for us but then plays a fucking friendly....it would be a double kick in the bollocks if playing in that friendly meant he couldn't play for us this weekend.

Yeah exactly I don’t know why the clubs can’t have the power on these decisions fuck the countries no ones arsed anyway 

55 minutes ago, Dapower said:

Yeah exactly I don’t know why the clubs can’t have the power on these decisions fuck the countries no ones arsed anyway 

I think people are arsed. We may not be. But people outside of our city or support shite teams, internationals is where it's at. People who live in countries where the league is shite are the same, it's all about the country. And finally, it matters to the players themselves.

It doesn't make it right they'll play after them being injured for their clubs, but it's completely wrong to say nobody is arsed. We're very much in the minority about not caring about international football. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I think people are arsed. We may not be. But people outside of our city or support shite teams, internationals is where it's at. People who live in countries where the league is shite are the same, it's all about the country. And finally, it matters to the players themselves.

It doesn't make it right they'll play after them being injured for their clubs, but it's completely wrong to say nobody is arsed. We're very much in the minority about not caring about international football. 

Yeah true suppose that’s just us and when I go on holiday they can’t understand why I hate my country 

• Upvote 2

Players love playing euros and WC, and they accept playing friendly to strengthen their position the team. 

Most say winning the WC is the biggest achievement. 

Klopp:

Curtis is in training. Ibou was extra rest day, nothing else. Robbo we will take it day by day. He won't train today but it's not as bad. That's fine. The other boys from next week on step by step they will join parts of team training. We will see what we do with that. They aren't too far away. They are all making their steps. It's a positive. Darwin did his rehab during the week, trained first day partially and since then in full training.

• Upvote 1

Full update:

Jürgen Klopp has provided an update on the fitness of his squad ahead of Sunday’s clash with Brighton & Hove Albion, including initial news on Andy Robertson.

Liverpool left-back Robertson was withdrawn during the first half of Scotland’s friendly against Northern Ireland on Tuesday night with an apparent ankle complaint.

Offering the latest at his pre-match press conference this afternoon, Klopp said: “Robbo, we take it a little bit day by day so we will see.

“He will not train today but it’s not as bad. So that’s fine.”

Elsewhere, Curtis Jones is returning to training, while Ibrahima Konate and Darwin Nunez are both fine ahead of the Premier League visit of the Seagulls.

“Curtis, I am not sure if he is available [for Sunday], but in training,” said the manager. “Ibou was an extra rest day [on Thursday], nothing else.

“[Nunez] is fine. He did his rehab during the week, trained the first day partially since we are back partially and since then he is in full training.”

Asked about the respective recoveries of Alisson Becker, Trent Alexander-Arnold and Diogo Jota, he added: “And the other boys, from next week on step by step I think they will join parts of team training and then team training, so we will see what we do with that.

“They are not too far away but not in yet, none of them was yet even close to team training. But they all make their steps and so it’s positive.”

Klopp was also asked about Stefan Bajcetic’s progress in his long-term fitness rehabilitation and if the No.43 has been able to use the time on the sidelines beneficially in other ways.

“Football brain-wise he is a natural so I don’t think he lost anything. But rhythm is something else,” he replied.

“He is now in partial training with the U21s and he will be in full training with the U21s next week because we pretty much don’t train because we play all the time. Then after that he will join our training. That’s the plan and then we will see.

“But the boy grew, put a few muscles on, looks good. Conor Bradley didn’t need long after he was out for a long, long time as well. He is a smart kid so I think he will be fine, but what do I know? I’ve never been that long injured in that age group.

“He watched definitely a lot of football. It is not that he played with us now regularly, he played early in the season. I forgot that actually, but he did, and then everything went the wrong way.

“But now he is nearly back and I’m really happy for him and happy for us.”

6 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

Crap. We needed him for the United game. 

Yeah, we'd have killed them in the cup game with Trent on the field I think. But the main think is we have him for the rest of the run in. That week of 3 games in 6 days and all away is going to need everyone and up to speed and not finding their way back. 

From The presser:

Curtis in full training and in contention for tomorrow

Jota back next week.

Alisson is close, back in team training next week.

Bacjetic fully training again with u 21'sback in team training this/next week

Endo has a knock might be available for tomorrow

Matip is running, but wont be back this season

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Mathewbet1 said:

From The presser:

Curtis in full training and in contention for tomorrow

Jota back next week.

Alisson is close, back in team training next week.

Bacjetic fully training again with u 21'sback in team training this/next week

Endo has a knock might be available for tomorrow

Matip is running, but wont be back this season

See you next season, Endo lad.

Jota back hopefully in 'parts of team training from next week'

Jones in contention but 'not considered to start'

Full update:

Jürgen Klopp has revealed Curtis Jones and Andy Robertson are set to be available for Liverpool's Premier League meeting with Sheffield United, but that Wataru Endo's fitness needs to be monitored.

Jones has made a return to full training after recovering from the injury he sustained away at Brentford in the middle of February, while Robertson sat out the win over Brighton & Hove Albion.

Elsewhere, Klopp reported Endo picked up a knock in last weekend's victory at Anfield, along with positive updates on Trent Alexander-Arnold, Alisson Becker, Stefan Bajcetic and Diogo Jota.

Speaking at his pre-match press conference on Wednesday, the boss said: "Curtis is in training, full training, and is in contention. Yeah, that's it pretty much.

"The other boys [are] doing well. Diogo and Trent are together in a group, which helps both, but [it] looks like from next week on they will be hopefully in parts of team training, and then we will see the rest.

"Ali is with the goalkeeper coaches, so I just see them through the fence, but that looks good as well. I think in his mind as well, next week parts of team training."

He later added: "Curtis is back, that doesn't mean he can play 90 minutes, he can play a few minutes."

Klopp continued: "He [Bajcetic] trains now fully with the U21s this week. That means we will take him in training next week to us and then we will see. Another one coming and that's super-important.

"Wataru, what a player, what a guy. He got a knock in the last game, so we have to see for tomorrow what we can do with him."

And when asked if Robertson would return, Klopp stated: "Yeah, and very important, by the way."

29 minutes ago, an tha said:

See you next season, Endo lad.

Jota back hopefully in 'parts of team training from next week'

Jones in contention but 'not considered to start'

Full update:

Jürgen Klopp has revealed Curtis Jones and Andy Robertson are set to be available for Liverpool's Premier League meeting with Sheffield United, but that Wataru Endo's fitness needs to be monitored.

Jones has made a return to full training after recovering from the injury he sustained away at Brentford in the middle of February, while Robertson sat out the win over Brighton & Hove Albion.

Elsewhere, Klopp reported Endo picked up a knock in last weekend's victory at Anfield, along with positive updates on Trent Alexander-Arnold, Alisson Becker, Stefan Bajcetic and Diogo Jota.

Speaking at his pre-match press conference on Wednesday, the boss said: "Curtis is in training, full training, and is in contention. Yeah, that's it pretty much.

"The other boys [are] doing well. Diogo and Trent are together in a group, which helps both, but [it] looks like from next week on they will be hopefully in parts of team training, and then we will see the rest.

"Ali is with the goalkeeper coaches, so I just see them through the fence, but that looks good as well. I think in his mind as well, next week parts of team training."

He later added: "Curtis is back, that doesn't mean he can play 90 minutes, he can play a few minutes."

Klopp continued: "He [Bajcetic] trains now fully with the U21s this week. That means we will take him in training next week to us and then we will see. Another one coming and that's super-important.

"Wataru, what a player, what a guy. He got a knock in the last game, so we have to see for tomorrow what we can do with him."

And when asked if Robertson would return, Klopp stated: "Yeah, and very important, by the way."

The dreaded Knock!