You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Members sale 22/23, the beginning of the end for those who cant attend every game

Code

9 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Presumably the credit system is just all down to the club so they can do what they like.

They could have no credits and every ticket available for general sale a week before kick off if they wanted. 

They will just be trying to balance how to get the most money as soon as possible while keeping the fans just about on side.

Yes, fair enough.

If they want less transfers, then get rid of the bulk sale. Ive never been a fan if that, you buy a ticket for something you dont know when will take place. 

• Upvote 1

I can see both sides, I'd say 95% of the games I've been too have been with other people's cards. As a 3 or 4 games a season traveller this has always suited me and the mates with the credits. I benefit, my mate benefits but the club loses out on me and a couple of others not buying memberships. The other losers are fans that don't have mates with credits built up. They are forced down the Thomas Cook route. The balance has to be somewhere in the middle.

2 hours ago, Code said:

A covid season, when the club said games bought would not change your credits, might not be the best indicator.

The system is heaven for touts though, but so is season tickets.

What I really dont understand though is that you lose credit if you buy a ticket, but then cant attend the game, is that even allowed? You have still bought the ticket. 

Trains get cancelled. M62 gets blocked. Medical emergency or bereavement in the family. Plenty of genuine reasons outside of personal control can stop a person attending a match. This bit needs further consideration.

• Like 1

It's total bullshit and will only speed up my decision not to go to games. With the cost of fuel this season, getting there is now prohibitively expensive for me and there may be times where I simply can't afford it. Will that last forever? Who knows, but now the club are telling me that the 17 years of full credits are under threat through forces out of my control. It's not an ideal situation but up until fuel spiked it's never been an issue getting to games for me.

What if you're called into work? Have a medical emergency? Your train gets cancelled? How is it fair you lose the credit? Total bollocks.

And once again, season ticket holders can give games away with no repercussions and people who pick up those tickets can't get the credit? Maybe see how many of these season ticket holders are actually the named person if you want to tidy up ticketing but no, pick the low hanging fruit. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

8 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Trains get cancelled. M62 gets blocked. Medical emergency or bereavement in the family. Plenty of genuine reasons outside of personal control can stop a person attending a match. This bit needs further consideration.

Absolutely but it's the piss takers transferring 80% of late sales that ruin it for everyone else.

They are trying to fix what is a problem ... seems a high percentage of tickets bought in members sales are 'distributed' and it seems the percentage in the late availability members sales it is something mad like 80% are 'distributed'

But as usual it looks to me that in looking to fix a problem they have failed to look at things deeply enough and have veered from one extreme to another.

In my view what they should have done was allowed people a small group of named friends and family (maybe 2 people per person) who they could transfer to and still retain credit.....this in my view would be fair and help towards stopping what is the big problem of people transferring to people from twitter/facebook etc and who just credit hunt and of course touting.

28 minutes ago, RedKnight said:

Maybe see how many of these season ticket holders are actually the named person if you want to tidy up ticketing but no, pick the low hanging fruit. 

The club has already done this by doing the 'fan update' verification just over 12 months ago. They used a credit checking agency to verify name, DoB and address of the ticket holder.

Another thing that pisses me off about this is that they only brought in the ability to transfer/sell back to the club last season (and that was because of Covid) - if it were a normal season it would probably be less.

The club were actively promoting it last season, saying don't worry if you can't make it, you can transfer your ticket easily, now they're using those figures to fuck the members over.

Have SOS said anything about this?

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Red_or_Dead said:

Another thing that pisses me off about this is that they only brought in the ability to transfer/sell back to the club last season (and that was because of Covid) - if it were a normal season it would probably be less.

The club were actively promoting it last season, saying don't worry if you can't make it, you can transfer your ticket easily, now they're using those figures to fuck the members over.

Have SOS said anything about this?

Aye, they've made a statement. I saw it on Facebook this morning but didn't read it.

https://spiritofshankly.com/response-to-lfc-ticketing-update/

Can anyone give me more details about this so called ticketing forum?

Who are they, where do they live, and do they use beans on their breakfast?

These changes have been agreed in consultation with the club’s ticketing forum 

23 minutes ago, Mook said:

Aye, they've made a statement. I saw it on Facebook this morning but didn't read it.

https://spiritofshankly.com/response-to-lfc-ticketing-update/

SoS clearly not really arsed....

When they are bothered about something you get lengthy statements and a quite assertive bordering on aggressive tone.

This statement is a proper middle of the road one, accepting they can't do sod all and just making some light posturing that the club will take precisely zero notice of.

They may as well have said 'it is what it is'.

I mostly agree something needed doing but for me they should have left people chance to distribute to a couple of chosen/named people without losing credit - my mates and me did it a few times last season as was only way we could find a way for our respective kids to go to a couple of games.

Im seriously thinking about buying tickets for all games, go to those I can, not sell a single ticket on and rather let there be an empty seat as some kind of protest, then fuck it off next season.

It will cost me some money, I can handle that, but this just pisses me off no end.

How come I could hear rumour about this in London at the League Cup final, but they just release this yesterday after people have bought their memberships?

Just fuck off. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Code said:

Im seriously thinking about buying tickets for all games, go to those I can, not sell a single ticket on and rather let there be an empty seat as some kind of protest, then fuck it off next season.

It will cost me some money, I can handle that, but this just pisses me off no end.

How come I could hear rumour about this in London at the League Cup final, but they just release this yesterday after people have bought their memberships?

Just fuck off. 

Get the tax payer to pay for it while your at it.

39 minutes ago, Code said:

Can anyone give me more details about this so called ticketing forum?

Who are they, where do they live, and do they use beans on their breakfast?

Code, the club set up a number of 'fan forums' years ago. I think they were separate groups for LBGT, STH, Disability Groups, Ticketing etc.

Anyone could apply for these forums and if I remember correct, they then were voted by fans. I understood fans only sat on these forums for 1 or 2 years and then had to step down and be replaced.

Im not sure if the individual forums are still in place and were not replaced by Supporters Committee.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/fans/supporters-committee/supporters-committee-home

31 minutes ago, an tha said:

I mostly agree something needed doing but for me they should have left people chance to distribute to a couple of chosen/named people without losing credit - my mates and me did it a few times last season as was only way we could find a way for our respective kids to go to a couple of games.

You'd still be able to do this though. Just nobody would get the credit for it. 

2 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

You can still sell it back to the club to resale at this point, who can re-sell. I'd assume they are more likely to re-sell it than somebody stuck on the M62.

I get that the solution isn't perfect, IMO, it is better. It's unfortunate some will be penalised, when you read 80% of member tickets are re-distributed, something needs to be done. Things like stuck on motorway, family emergency etc will be the minority of that 80% and I can't believe the club would then look at cases individually to grant a credit or not.

The simple way around this is supporters attend the games they buy tickets for. 

2 hours ago, RedKnight said:

It's total bullshit and will only speed up my decision not to go to games. With the cost of fuel this season, getting there is now prohibitively expensive for me and there may be times where I simply can't afford it. Will that last forever? Who knows, but now the club are telling me that the 17 years of full credits are under threat through forces out of my control. It's not an ideal situation but up until fuel spiked it's never been an issue getting to games for me.

What if you're called into work? Have a medical emergency? Your train gets cancelled? How is it fair you lose the credit? Total bollocks.

And once again, season ticket holders can give games away with no repercussions and people who pick up those tickets can't get the credit? Maybe see how many of these season ticket holders are actually the named person if you want to tidy up ticketing but no, pick the low hanging fruit. 

This is where I am at too. Its just worth to be constantly fighting for a ticket by being at the mercy of the club AND spend shit lots to actually watch it. 

I have not been to the game for a little while due to my personal constraints but thought I will go to a few this season with my boy but kicking myself for buying the membership.

EDIT: Btw, I do agree with Scott. Buy tickets for games you can go to. If you cannot go then exchange. 

40 minutes ago, an tha said:

SoS clearly not really arsed....

When they are bothered about something you get lengthy statements and a quite assertive bordering on aggressive tone.

This statement is a proper middle of the road one, accepting they can't do sod all and just making some light posturing that the club will take precisely zero notice of.

They may as well have said 'it is what it is'.

''It is what it is, until it isn't''

2 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

It's unfortunate some will be penalised, when you read 80% of member tickets are re-distributed, something needs to be done. Things like stuck on motorway, family emergency etc will be the minority of that 80% and I can't believe the club would then look at cases individually to grant a credit or not.

81% of the late availability sale, including local members sale, not the members sale in general, that number was 53 %, obviously a high number also.

But who are most likely to buy tickets in the late availability sale and the local members sale? Not members with full credits I'd suggest. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

You can still sell it back to the club to resale at this point, who can re-sell. I'd assume they are more likely to re-sell it than somebody stuck on the M62.

I get that the solution isn't perfect, IMO, it is better. It's unfortunate some will be penalised, when you read 80% of member tickets are re-distributed, something needs to be done. Things like stuck on motorway, family emergency etc will be the minority of that 80% and I can't believe the club would then look at cases individually to grant a credit or not.

It's not though - that's the late sales/local sales.  Membership redistribution were 53%