You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (N) - FAC Semi Final, Sat 16th Apr 2022 (3:30pm)

Trumo

Fuck Pep, fuck City, fuck their unwashed, inbred, rat born fans, fuck Fernandino, fuck Michael Oliver, fuck Martin Keown and fuck the BBC! The FA Cup is a knock out competition and we've just knocked out the most corrupt influence in European football. Now for their fucking neighbours.

• Upvote 12

Thanks to Pep 'I really don't over-think things' Guardiola for over-thinking things yet again.

But I loved Klopp's substitutions, bringing on Hendo at the right time, and two forwards late on was a great refusal to hand the initiative to City. Just a pity the new players didn't really impose themselves on the game like they could and should have done.

Salah is a worry. We're wasting several great situations every game because we're trying to play him back into form. That last miss was understandable but incredibly irritating.

Robbo for their first was dreadful. Loses the ball then goes up the pitch schoolboy style to try and win it back . Virg comes over to cover and they pass it round him and put Grealish in . Bad enough anytime but directly after HT when Klopp would have told them to keep it tight and cut out mistakes it's criminal. That set the tone for the whole second half and made what should have been relatively routine ended up fraught.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

The second he has no idea where Mahrez was. That said Van Dijk was shocking there as well. Walking back.

Konate could have done better too. He was looking to block the run of Silva but was too late to react. Never mind, I'd rather pick the holes in mistakes made in a win than a loss. And we won. Against City. Fucking yeah.

7 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Robbo for their first was dreadful. Loses the ball then goes up the pitch schoolboy style to try and win it back . Virg comes over to cover and they pass it round him and put Grealish in . Bad enough anytime but directly after HT when Klopp would have told them to keep it tight and cut out mistakes it's criminal. That set the tone for the whole second half and made what should have been relatively routine ended up fraught.

Agree. But who played the ball in behind him? Serial fouler Fernandinho who shouldn’t have been on the pitch

15 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Robbo with the poor pass and then Thiago sprinting out of position lead to the first goal. Not all on Robbo but it was a stupid pass a minute into the second half.

30 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Well we fucking tried our best to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory there.

Fucking shocking defending in that 2nd half. Keep it tight and do nothing stupid for the first 10-15 minutes starting the 2nd half.

Quite right. No game is hermetically sealed. They all have some ramifications, some more subtle than others. No matter how much the super fans shouted it down, I was right to be irritated at the sloppiness and loss of concentration against Benfica because it DOES spread bad habits. It's no good people saying 'Oh, they were just our reserves' - how do you want the reserves to play when they come on from the bench?? Discipline is really, really important, especially at this stage in a season. Having to hang on in games that should have been dead and buried within an hour or so really drains the energy! 

We seem to have two strategies for building an attack, which someone has torn up and then put the wrong halves back together. We either start patiently at the back and then play madly rash balls from midfield, or we hit long balls forward and then cautiously play the ball all the way back to our keeper. And if you're really going to faff around at the back, for god's sake keep your concentration.

We've all seen the really, really, top teams play, and some of them have been ours, and there's a crushing sense of finality when they take a two or three goal lead. That's it. End of. We've currently got such a tantalisingly good team, that on top form is truly great, but for 'mentality monsters' they sure can be flaky these days. The next few games will be a battle against mental tiredness as much as physical fatigue. We HAVE to stay awake.

26 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I don't really care for narratives. I took the performances against Benfica quite positively in terms of what they mean for the end of the season, while some reacted badly to them/were not happy.

This one, less so. The important thing is we're in the final, but I don't think our second half performance against a weaker City team that got beat up in midweek and down a big hole, say what you will about how much the players cost, but no Dias, Laporte, Walker, Rodri and De Bruyne, was good. I didn't love that. That's just me.

Hipster behaviour.

37 minutes ago, DaveT said:

Thommo and Aldo calling out City’s fouling and Oliver’s poor performance on LFCTV

Thy're still going at it. Refreshingly contemptuous. 

(But I do wish someone would take Aldo to one side and tell him to sort his hooter out. The man has a weird nervous sniff that happens every few seconds!)