You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2022

Elite

Is it really a trilogy if you fill someone in 3 times?

Off the top of my head I'd prefer Zhang, Hrgovic, Hunter, Ortiz, Sanchez.

He might beat them all, he is one of the best heavyweights around after all, but at least it's different style and name. Chisora was done years ago and was never top level. Expect Chisora to swing wildly for the first minute, the crowd to get excited despite missing by a mile. Fury to then learn on him and KO him in the second minute. 

They're mates aren't they?

I wouldn't be surprised if it was like the last fight where Fury just slapped him around for 12 rounds while Chisora plodded forward without throwing any punches before the two of them, Chisora looking like he'd been bummed in the face by a dozen hornets, and Fury completely unmarked, have a long cuddle in the middle of the ring.

6 hours ago, sir roger said:

He could be fighting Joshua. He panicked when Joshua agreed to his terms and started putting arbitrary time barriers in the way. I don't think he was scared of Joshua in a fighting sense, but he presumably couldn't be arsed doing a proper fight camp, whereas he can beat Del Boy on the way back from the pub.

Fuck Joshua - he has had more chances than pretty much any fighter you could care to name.

Back of the queue and work his way up to another shot.

Fury fighting Chisora is a joke mind....although that said both Chisora and Joshua have both lost 3 of their last 5 fights and both mens last win is over Pulev.

Chisora v Joshua for right to fight Fury would have been about right in my book.

2 hours ago, an tha said:

Fuck Joshua - he has had more chances than pretty much any fighter you could care to name.

Back of the queue and work his way up to another shot.

Fury fighting Chisora is a joke mind....although that said both Chisora and Joshua have both lost 3 of their last 5 fights and both mens last win is over Pulev.

Chisora v Joshua for right to fight Fury would have been about right in my book.

Haha, I was waiting for your input. It didn't disappoint. Agree with every word too. 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, sir roger said:

He could be fighting Joshua. He panicked when Joshua agreed to his terms and started putting arbitrary time barriers in the way. I don't think he was scared of Joshua in a fighting sense, but he presumably couldn't be arsed doing a proper fight camp, whereas he can beat Del Boy on the way back from the pub.

I think it's fair to say Fury probably does want this fight with all the money he could make and it didn't work out for whatever tedious business reason.

16 hours ago, John102 said:

Is it really a trilogy if you fill someone in 3 times?

Off the top of my head I'd prefer Zhang, Hrgovic, Hunter, Ortiz, Sanchez.

He might beat them all, he is one of the best heavyweights around after all, but at least it's different style and name. Chisora was done years ago and was never top level. Expect Chisora to swing wildly for the first minute, the crowd to get excited despite missing by a mile. Fury to then learn on him and KO him in the second minute. 

Of those only Hunter hasn't fought recently and only Ortiz is ranked higher than Del boy. I do agree that other fighters should be higher in the pecking order though, frigging tediousness of multiple organisations and fight scheduling etc.

20 hours ago, Byrnie said:

Haha, I was waiting for your input. It didn't disappoint. Agree with every word too. 

I may have made it clear, it may have been noticeable but just in case....i can't stand the horrible get - and the way he acted after the 2nd Usyk fight just cemented everything i thought about him!

A shithouse.

8 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Fury coming out saying he's never fighting Joshua pisses me off. If he's the warrior he says he is he should be gagging under any circumstances to get in the ring and put any doubts to bed. 

Why should the main man be arsed about someone who is just another contender - and one who should be a good few steps down the ladder as well right now.

If and when Joshua earns a place at the head of the queue by winning some fights against other contenders then maybe Fury will take him seriously.

Unless you think Joshua should get yet another world title fight right now.....a man who has lost in 3 of them in recent years without having to earn a shot after the losses.

3 minutes ago, an tha said:

Why should the main man be arsed about someone who is just another contender - and one who should be a good few steps down the ladder as well right now.

If and when Joshua earns a place at the head of the queue by winning some fights against other contenders then maybe Fury will take him seriously.

Unless you think Joshua should get yet another world title fight right now.....a man who has lost in 3 of them in recent years without having to earn a shot after the losses.

Do you live in this country mate? Are you a boxing fan in this country? 

This isn't some cat from Moscow eyeing up a lad from Philidelphia. It's the talk of British boxing and has been for years. It's not about who has beat who and title shots. It's the only fight the peple want to see. Like I said, if he wanted him he'd fight him. And I'm a Fury fan. 

11 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Do you live in this country mate? Are you a boxing fan in this country? 

This isn't some cat from Moscow eyeing up a lad from Philidelphia. It's the talk of British boxing and has been for years. It's not about who has beat who and title shots. It's the only fight the peple want to see. Like I said, if he wanted him he'd fight him. And I'm a Fury fan. 

I don't care about accidents of birth....

So just because they happen to both be British that earns Joshua yet another title shot?

No - not for me, mate.

If and when Joshua proves himself as worthy of yet another shot then he can have it - until then in my book he can fuck off and get in line.

The whole "British" thing does not mean a thing to me.....i honestly couldn't care less about Fury v Joshua - unless it was a unification bout or Joshua had earned a shot.

I'd rather see Usyk and Fury fight to unify the belts than see Fury hand Joshua yet another go at the title.

I'd rather see Fury v Joyce.

Oh and by way i think Fury v Chisora is dogshite!

5 hours ago, an tha said:

So just because they happen to both be British that earns Joshua yet another title shot?

No - not for me, mate.

If and when Joshua proves himself as worthy of yet another shot then he can have it - until then in my book he can fuck off and get in line.

The whole "British" thing does not mean a thing to me.....i honestly couldn't care less about Fury v Joshua - unless it was a unification bout or Joshua had earned a shot.

I'd rather see Usyk and Fury fight to unify the belts than see Fury hand Joshua yet another go at the title.

Marry me. Me, you and Gus 

On 22/10/2022 at 23:16, an tha said:

No - not for me, mate.

Sport of boxing in “being all about money” shocker. 

British boxing is in a right state at the moment. I dunno whether that's due to lack of talent or the lack of big fights for the lads lower down to piggyback on. Too many promoters all serving up watered down cards for me to give much of a shit anymore. At one point I'd watch everything but if I'm honest, I'm losing interest bar the big fights.

2 minutes ago, Elite said:

British boxing is in a right state at the moment. I dunno whether that's due to lack of talent or the lack of big fights for the lads lower down to piggyback on. Too many promoters all serving up watered down cards for me to give much of a shit anymore. At one point I'd watch everything but if I'm honest, I'm losing interest bar the big fights.

I reached that point years ago. Hearn ruined it. 

That’s not to say it was in great shape before. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I reached that point years ago. Hearn ruined it. 

That’s not to say it was in great shape before. 

Padding a boxers record until the promoter can cash out is ruining the sport. The only competitive fights you get at British level etc are the fighters that don't 'sell'. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Elite said:

Thats where I am. It's not just British boxing, the whole sport is corrupt. I like Nick Ball and will keep an eye on his career and I'll watch the Callum Smith fights but other than the huge ones i'm just not arsed anymore.  Some of the judges cards the last few years have been beyond scandalous. 

• Upvote 1

It's a consequence of the shit Matchroom/ Sky model, where they want a certain amount of pay per view fights a year. Want as many young prospects fighting bums to protect the 0. You cant do too many ppvs with someone with 4 losses on his record, though Chisora and his 12 losses may disprove that.