You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

manwiththestick

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

There is a subtle difference between I am staying and they stopped calling.

"I am staying because, despite the fact I really want to leave, City aren't going to pay what Levy wants. Oh, er, I'm really committed to the club and never wanted to leave. Promise."

4 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Only in football do employers exercise so much sway over the direction of the careers of their employees. Any other industry and changing job is just a matter of giving your employer notice that you'll be leaving in a few weeks.

Yeah all them 100k a week workers just upping and leaving on a whim

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Only in football do employers exercise so much sway over the direction of the careers of their employees. Any other industry and changing job is just a matter of giving your employer notice that you'll be leaving in a few weeks.

It's also unusually difficult for an employer to get rid of an employee in the football profession, is it not? 

3 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

It's also unusually difficult for an employer to get rid of an employee in the football profession, is it not? 

I didn't say there weren't trade-offs.

I can see the whole crumbling edifice collapsing at some point in the not too distant future. Bosman was just the beginning.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

I don't think City would do it but Ronaldo is actually available.

Stick him on the penalty spot, tell the outside forwards/wing backs do that cut across the six yard box thing they did a couple of years back on every attack that no cunt bothered to prepare for, or defend, and he’d score eighty a season and not break sweat.

1 minute ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Stick him on the penalty spot, tell the outside forwards/wing backs do that cut across the six yard box thing they did a couple of years back on every attack that no cunt bothered to prepare for, or defend, and he’d score eighty a season and not break sweat.

Wengers Arsenal were the progenitors of that, and we always seemed to get caught by it. Usually Pires or Ljungberg cutting back for someone to score.

1 minute ago, TD_LFC said:

Wengers Arsenal were the progenitors of that, and we always seemed to get caught by it. Usually Pires or Ljungberg cutting back for someone to score.

I think it was the 18/19 season and they did it on every attack and it worked every time.

Cut back as the defenders are rushing back to goal, trying to find their position, meaning they can’t get their footing as the on rushing attackers get a free hit.

So simple and infuriating.

4 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Yea, all you need is pace and space to get the defenders running towards their own goal - a fella nifty enough on the ball to beat his man and make the cutback and mulitple bodies arriving in the box who are decent finishers.

Simple.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I don’t watch much Sky Sports News anymore, but their two little transfer gimps must be spraying jizz all over the studio and up the walls with these developments today. 

I would be doing that everyday working with some of the fluff they’ve got in that particular office 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I think it was the 18/19 season and they did it on every attack and it worked every time.

Cut back as the defenders are rushing back to goal, trying to find their position, meaning they can’t get their footing as the on rushing attackers get a free hit.

Mad thing is how Suarez could do the same thing on his own.