You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Caoimhin Kelleher

Bjornebye

I don’t think he’ll ever get to Alisson’s best level - not many ever do - but he’s by far the second best goalie we’ve had in recent years. Alisson aside he’s probably the best we’ve had since Reina’s first couple of seasons.

Goalies can keep going for a lot longer than outfield players so I wouldn’t be surprised to see him give it another year or two here. But he’s more than good enough to start somewhere else in the Premier League. 

I think he's better than a good back up. He has an air about him and traits that I don't think many goalkeepers of his age do, and he's probably one of the best keepers in the league already. Not sure I've seen a keeper whos as genuinely 2 footed either, he took his first few with his left yesterday which had me questioning which one was stronger. We have, have to loan him or if he wants to go we've got to have a favourable buy back clause. We'd regret losing him hugely 

• Upvote 1

He's very good. With goalkeepers it's harder to predict world class ability, but I feel he has the potential to go very far in the game. He's one of the best keepers in the league already.

Dream scenario would be to loan him for two years as part of a deal to get Caicedo or Bellingham as a sweetener to them. He gets huge experience in good sides and all going well becomes our number one in two years.

We shouldn't be selling him to fund others and if we do, it's a mistake. We need to be shrewd how we handle this. Apparently, he's a Red and seems down to earth. Possibly could be our number one for ten years.

I think Man Utd hoped for that with Dean Henderson, we'd have to be really selective with who we loan him to (and the new loans rules will be stopping loans longer than a season soon).

Sending him to a club lower down the division where he's constantly having to make saves isn't necessarily the best place for him because it doesn't prepare you for being in a top team and will inevitably lead to you making more mistakes and getting more scrutiny and is his reputation high enough for a team on the fringes of the Champions League to want him on loan when they're more likely to want to develop a player they have control over.

2 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

I think Man Utd hoped for that with Dean Henderson, I think we'd have to be really selective with who we loan him to (and the new loans rules will be stopping loans longer than a season soon).

Sending him to a club lower down the division where he's constantly having to make saves isn't necessarily the best place for him because it doesn't prepare you for being in a top team and will inevitably lead to you making more mistakes and getting more scrutiny and is his reputation high enough for a team on the fringes of the Champions League to want him on loan when they're more likely to want to develop a player they have control over.

Completely agree.

Ajax need a new goalkeeper as they currently have a 39 year old and 40 year old battling it out!

That would be a brilliant move for him. 

4 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Completely agree.

Ajax need a new goalkeeper as they currently have a 39 year old and 40 year old battling it out!

That would be a brilliant move for him. 

Think they've just signed Rulli from Villareal, doubt they'd want to develop a player for our benefit but it would be the exact kind of level you'd like to see him.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, MegadriveMan said:

I know, we'd have to bring in somebody else.

Kelleher needs to start playing regularly at a good level though, otherwise he's going to regress.  

He also wants to play regularly to get on the Irish National team. 

16 hours ago, Butch said:

Ulike Allison and his occasional fanny flappings.

Alisson (one l, double s) doesn't flap.  Once in a blue moon he'll give something away by being overconfident.  99.9% of the time, his confidence is completely justified and it radiates to his teammates.