You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cancel Culture

aRdja

28 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Always remember the singer from primal scream being on some political programme when the presenter and some MP started dancing to some segment and he just sat there looking at them with utter contempt.

Of course, Neil has always enjoyed hitting the dance floor.

andrew-neil.jpg

• Upvote 1

The biggest purveyors of cancel culture are on the conservative right, always have been. It's to their credit, I guess, that they've been so successful in setting a completely different narrative, to the point where the term is synonymous in the public mind with the left. Not that they don't engage in it too, but not to the same extent, and without anything like the same levels of hypocrisy.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Jack the Sipper said:

The biggest purveyors of cancel culture are on the conservative right, always have been. It's to their credit, I guess, that they've been so successful in setting a completely different narrative, to the point where the term is synonymous in the public mind with the left. Not that they don't engage in it too, but not to the same extent, and without anything like the same levels of hypocrisy.

Pretty much like 'nanny state' has been attached to the left when its always the right who use the state to it's most extreme.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

I don’t know about you, but I always find that my weekend is completely ruined when I don’t get the yoghurt I want.....

We got Natural rather than Greek the other week. It not only ruined the week, it made me consider bombing Morrison's into submission.

This article would me up, not cancel culture as such more an example of how there's no balance in the force anymore, as though being a male writer is just not trendy enough, and if you think that's unfair then hard shit, it's your fault for being part of the longstanding patriarchy. Even though you weren't.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2021/may/16/how-women-conquered-the-world-of-fiction

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

This article would me up, not cancel culture as such more an example of how there's no balance in the force anymore, as though being a male writer is just not trendy enough, and if you think that's unfair then hard shit, it's your fault for being part of the longstanding patriarchy. Even though you weren't.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2021/may/16/how-women-conquered-the-world-of-fiction

“White, middle class cis gendered” (Guardianista speak)  women run publishing and probably think Shameless is a documentary like Benefits Street, that their mates helped produce after their gap yah in India helping street children. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

They'll be back to trying to cancel Enid Blyton and Agatha Christie next week.

Got Crocodile Dundee on here on sky Movies and they've cut out the scene where he grabs the transvestites cock in the pub and starts going "Thats a bloke, that Sheilas a bloke" you see her chatting him up then the cabbie telling him its a guy but then they just walk out the pub. I hope its a watershed thing and not been removed so it doesn't offend. 

EDIT: Oh its on Film 4, must be a watershed thing then. I'm still outraged. OUTRAGE! 

b790761d118b526063c24566ee86afa0.gif

• Upvote 1

That friends reunion was on the other day and some people were saying it should come back again. Fucking hell can you imagine? Joey is a womaniser, creepy and a bad example to young men. Phoebe takes the piss out of mental illness, as does Monica's ocd. Fat naked guy shames ugly people.

6 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

That friends reunion was on the other day and some people were saying it should come back again. Fucking hell can you imagine? Joey is a womaniser, creepy and a bad example to young men. Phoebe takes the piss out of mental illness, as does Monica's ocd. Fat naked guy shames ugly people.

It would all be offset by Chandler's father.

1 minute ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

What's the issue with being a womaniser if you are a single guy chasing single women. Soon you'll have to send an application form just to say hello to the opposite sex. Never really got the friends thing and that's not to shit on friends it just never grabbed me.

"How you doin?" 

18 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

What's the issue with being a womaniser if you are a single guy chasing single women. Soon you'll have to send an application form just to say hello to the opposite sex. Never really got the friends thing and that's not to shit on friends it just never grabbed me.

Temp lad at my mate's place (social landlord) got sacked because he asked one of the women on a work night out if she had a boyfriend.