You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

10 hours ago, Nelly-Szoboszlai said:

Andrew Bridgen having another normal one…

You have to laugh at Matt Le Tissier being on his list of “experts.”

Met police need to treat that with the respect it deserves.

• Upvote 1

One German man has redefined “man on a mission.” A 62-year-old from Magdeburg deliberately got 217 Covid-19 vaccine shots in the span of 29 months, according to a new study, going against national vaccine recommendations. That’s an average of one jab every four days.

According to his immunization history, the man got his first Covid vaccine in June 2021. He got 16 shots that year at centers across the eastern state of Saxony.

He ramped up his efforts in 2022, rolling up his sleeves for shots in both his right and left arms almost every day in January, for a total of 48 shots that month.

Then he kept going: 34 shots in February and six more shots in March. Around this time, German Red Cross staff members in the city of Dresden became suspicious and issued a warning to other vaccination centers, encouraging them to call the police if they saw the man again, RTL reported in April 2022.

In early March, he showed up at a vaccination center in the town of Eilenburg and was detained by police. He was suspected of selling the vaccination cards to third parties, according to RTL. This was during a time when many European countries required proof of vaccination to access public venues and travel.

The public prosecutor in Magdeburg opened an investigation into the man for the unauthorized issuing of vaccination cards and forgery of documents but did not end up filing criminal charges, according to the study.

In total, the man got eight vaccine formulations, including mRNA vaccines from Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna, a vector-based vaccine from Johnson & Johnson and a recombinant-protein vaccine from Sanofi.

“The observation that no noticeable side effects were triggered in spite of this extraordinary hypervaccination indicates that the drugs have a good degree of tolerability,” Schober said in a news release.

• 1 month later...

Aaron Rodgers just can't drop the stupid stick w his stupid schtick. Poor guy has gone from a bonafide NFL legend to a dyed in the wool crank complete with his own research.

Jets QB Aaron Rodgers says U.S. Government created HIV back in the ’80s

‘And if you do even a smidge of research — and I know, I’m not an epidemiologist, I’m not a doctor, I’m not an immunologist, whatever – I can read, though. And I can learn and look things up just like any normal person. I can do my own research, which is so vilified, to even question authority.’

• 3 weeks later...

In a recent interview with TIME magazine, Donald Trump said that if reelected, he would disband the Office of Pandemic Preparedness and Response Policy (OPPR), a permanent office of the executive branch established by Congress in 2022. The Biden campaign responded quickly to point out that Trump’s failed pandemic response was why the OPPR was created to begin with.

In his interview with TIME, Trump described the office as “just a way of giving out pork.” He explained, “And, yeah, I probably would [disband it], because I think we’ve learned a lot and we can mobilize, you know, we can mobilize. A lot of the things that you do and a lot of the equipment that you buy is obsolete when you get hit with something. And as far as medicines, you know, these medicines are very different depending on what strains, depending on what type of flu or virus it may be. You know, things change so much. So, yeah, I think I would.”

Former CNN propagandist Clown Cuomo changes his tune on ivermectin, says clinicians he spoke with knew it was harmless during covid but kept quiet about it and that his own doctor was giving it to family and patients and it was working. Imagine him trying to say this if he was still at CNN.

4 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

Former CNN propagandist Clown Cuomo changes his tune on ivermectin, says clinicians he spoke with knew it was harmless during covid but kept quiet about it and that his own doctor was giving it to family and patients and it was working. Imagine him trying to say this if he was still at CNN.

Have you written that book yet? 

5 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

Wow. That is a worryingly good performance. Presented as totally candid, but he's been very careful about what he's said there. Says it works, but only after he's mentioned it's used as an anti-parasitic drug and never says it works for COVID (because it doesn't), says it's not owned by anyone (but ignores the fact that the commercial products definitely are). Talks about it being a boogeyman but never specifies what "bad information" he's referring to while simultaneously suggesting that there's some conspiracy behind that info (again with nothing even close to specifics).

Like a 10/10 in misinformation. Incredible work, this guy has potential. 

Just needed to plug a discount code at the end...

Bet it turns out his Dr's kids had a persistent case of headlice around the pandemic or something

9 hours ago, Pidge said:

Says it works, but only after he's mentioned it's used as an anti-parasitic drug and never says it works for COVID (because it doesn't)

I love how so many people are so sure it can't possibly work for covid at all. You even edited what he said yourself, he literally said anti microbial, anti viral, then says his doctor used it during covid for family and patients. But you couldn't add that? He's not at CNN now though so must be a grifter.

Or maybe he was grifting at CNN and might now be making a bit more sense.

I'm still not sure if it works but I wouldn't be surprised if it does simply because it's anti viral. There's probably all types of things that helped lessen the effects of covid purely by being anti viral to some extent but I think people have just been served too much bullshit for years on end by the media and won't have it. It's almost political now, if you accept that ivermectin might have worked the right wingers have won or some shit so people have dug in and won't have it. There's never been a whole lot of sense to a lot of the covid stuff though so hardly surprising.

I still remember when some people that'd been working for the gov even came out and admitted that they'd helped with propaganda and said how wrong they thought it was but it was just shrugged off. That was the point I started caring a whole lot less about what people think.

10 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Have you written that book yet? 

Write one yourself about ivermectin if you want. Might need to make some edits at some stage though if the narrative changes.

3 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

I love how so many people are so sure it can't possibly work for covid at all. You even edited what he said yourself, he literally said anti microbial, anti viral, then says his doctor used it during covid for family and patients. But you couldn't add that? He's not at CNN now though so must be a grifter.

I'm still not sure if it works but I wouldn't be surprised if it does simply because it's anti viral. There's probably all types of things that helped lessen the effects of covid purely by being anti viral to some extent but I think people have just been served too much bullshit for years on end by the media and won't have it. It's almost political now, if you accept that ivermectin might have worked the right wingers have won or some shit so people have dug in and won't have it. There's never been a whole lot of sense to a lot of the covid stuff though so hardly surprising.

I still remember when some people that'd been working for the gov even came out and admitted that they'd helped with propaganda and said how wrong they thought it was but it was just shrugged off. That was the point I started caring a whole lot less about what people think.

Write one yourself about ivermectin if you want. Might need to make some edits at some stage though if the narrative changes.

If and when a medical study shows promise, it might be an interesting footnote, although even then, the vaccines have proven to be tremendously helpful. So far though, there's been fuck all apart from the usual bleating from grifters and the the usual suspects, e.g. https://www.cochrane.org/CD015017/INFECTN_ivermectin-preventing-and-treating-covid-19

Key messages

We found no evidence to support the use of ivermectin for treating COVID-19 or preventing SARS-CoV-2 infection. The evidence base improved slightly in this update, but is still limited.

Evaluation of ivermectin is continuing in 31 ongoing trials, and we will update this review again when their results become available.

image.jpeg

• Upvote 1

Key messages

We found no evidence to support the use of ivermectin for treating COVID-19 or preventing SARS-CoV-2 infection. The evidence base improved slightly in this update, but is still limited.

Evaluation of ivermectin is continuing in 31 ongoing trials, and we will update this review again when their results become available.

What are the limitations of the evidence?

Our confidence in the evidence, especially for outpatients, improved since the last review version, because we could look at more participants included in high-quality trials. Although we are quite certain regarding our results on risk of people dying and quality of life, the confidence in the evidence is still low for many other outpatient and inpatient outcomes because there were only few events measured. The methods differed between trials, and they did not report everything we were interested in, such as relevant outcomes.

Cochrane might be known as the "gold standard" for reviews but as you can see what they currently have is far from settled.

Research by Cardiff University shows that over-the-counter cold and flu treatments are safe and effective for managing mild COVID-19 symptoms at home

Over the counter cold and flu treatments can now help, ok. I don't remember that being such an acceptable suggestion years back.

And look at this from the CDC :

Most people with COVID-19 have mild illness and can recover at home. You can treat symptoms with over-the-counter medicines, such as acetaminophen or ibuprofen, to help feel better.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/your-health/treatments-for-severe-illness.html

Most people now have a "mild illness" that can even be helped with ibuprofen, but there's still no way that ivermectin could possibly help right? Even though a mild illness might mean that ivermectin working as an anti viral that they say only has any effect with high doses might work better now with smaller ones. Have they done recent studies to check on this or not? Let's look back at the cochrane review :

How up to date is this evidence?

The systematic literature search is up to date to 16 December 2021. Additionally, we included trials with > 1000 participants up to April 2022.

Ah right, so not when most covid infections were classed as a "mild illness". Don't be surprised if things change.

19 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Research by Cardiff University shows that over-the-counter cold and flu treatments are safe and effective for managing mild COVID-19 symptoms at home

Over the counter cold and flu treatments can now help, ok. I don't remember that being such an acceptable suggestion years back.

In the same way they help with the symptoms of the common cold, that's very different to them being a cure for the cold.

Even during the height of COVID you were told to take over the counter medication to help battle some of the symptoms.

Ivermectin was being pushed as a cure which is very very different.

The complete misunderstanding of what you read and the lack of critical thinking is worrying.

1 hour ago, Red Phoenix said:

No we have looked for answers scientifically and there has been no evidence of it being the answer.  It is a research drug only as an anti-viral as far as I know.

And don't have a go at me for "editing" people's words (when I was clearly paraphrasing) and then in the next sentence drag me into the "grifter" bullshit. One of the lamest fucking buzzwords of the last couple of years, fuck off with that brainless shite.

And I'm sorry that I'm not moved by the story of a nameless doctor apparently being happy to prescribe anything and everything to people. Famously discretionary when passing out the drugs, Americans. No opioid crisis going on or anything...

39 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Cochrane might be known as the "gold standard" for reviews but as you can see what they currently have is far from settled.

Honestly, this is just ridiculous. There's no evidence whatsoever. And this is what you're latching on to now, after several years of successful vaccines- a podcast by someone sacked from CNN citing some anecdotal 'evidence' from unnamed persons?

5 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

In the same way they help with the symptoms of the common cold, that's very different to them being a cure for the cold.

Even during the height of COVID you were told to take over the counter medication to help battle some of the symptoms.

Ivermectin was being pushed as a cure which is very very different.

Quite. Pain relief and stuff that helps reduce your body temperature, the universal recommendation for colds, 'flu and numerous other viral infections.