You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nike deal

1 minute ago, Tony Moanero said:

The new shirt is nothing like the 1995-96 one. The shield around the badge is the only thing that’s similar. A thinner, less chunky v-neck and the ‘90s one would have been fine.

It’s blatantly took inspiration from the collar and badge.

1 hour ago, Fugitive said:

soccer city on bold street

That's were I got that red adidas one with the cricket collar, and the green and white quarter away shirt.

I think that gold one may have been poor quality, one of my cousins had issues with that shirt. Can't see soccer city selling blag gear back in the day.

2 hours ago, Fugitive said:

At least they have not tried to recreate this one yet… the stripes started falling off the fucking sleeves on mine. Either it was shite or soccer city on bold street sold blag shirts 

IMG_5308.jpeg

I’ve still got one of those in near perfect condition. It was our worst change strip until Warrior made some absolute shockers.

16 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I’ve still got one of those in near perfect condition. It was our worst change strip until Warrior made some absolute shockers.

Still got mine as well (and the home one from that year) and it’s also in decent condition. Some of the more recent ones don’t last very long though.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Fugitive said:

At least they have not tried to recreate this one yet… the stripes started falling off the fucking sleeves on mine. Either it was shite or soccer city on bold street sold blag shirts 

IMG_5308.jpeg

The felt (for some reason?) Carlsberg started peeled off my one. And I had Redknapp 15 on the back. Children have terrible taste.

• 2 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Nike are getting pelters from the flag shaggers for messing about with the cross of St George on the back of the new England shirt. Snowflakes 

It’s glorious seeing all the flag shaggers getting so angry.

• Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, The Midnight Rambler said:

That’s pretty batshit.

There have been rumours for about 10 years that the DFB were planning to switch to Nike, never thought they'd go through with it though.

Two of the biggest sportswear companies are German, and the national team will be wearing an American brand which makes rubbish anyway.

A switch to Puma would have made sense.

16 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Why couldn’t our new shirt be a copy of this but red with white & yellow pin stripes?

IMG_1122.png

White maybe but not yellow too.

Not even sure that many pinstripes works on our home kit mind.

I'd quite like a white away mind with red pins.

3 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Nike are getting pelters from the flag shaggers for messing about with the cross of St George on the back of the new England shirt. Snowflakes 

Seem to be taking it quite well,in fairness 

• Upvote 1