You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Harvey Elliott

suzy

It is mad that Elliot is only 20.. fucking 20! younger than Quansah. He has flaws pretty much entirely physical it makes some games or at least the individual players he may face on any certain day be completely unsuitable for him but his game intelligence, technique and more than anything his effort and will to push us on is top drawer. He puts in the effort everyone in the crowd would want too if they were given a chance to play for Liverpool. 20!

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Elliott's best game for us I reckon. He's put such a shift in for us the last month. 

Still think it's 50/50 if he goes on to be properly good enough and have a real career here but absolutely love his effort and endeavor and thought he was really very good today.

He's exactly the kind of player all league-winning managers love to have. Maybe not in the starting XI when everyone is fit, but able to keep pushing to be in the mix, slot in and give 100%. You don't win titles without one or two of those.

Him and Gomez have been essential to our season not coming off the rails.

• Upvote 5

He's just not effective.  He's very puppyish in running around, I get it, but we need someone with penetration and who can challenge for the ball in midfield, and has pace and genuine technique.  Presumably with Salah back Elliott will be used from the bench, which is really when he produces his best stuff.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, stringvest said:

He's just not effective.  He's very puppyish in running around, I get it, but we need someone with penetration and who can challenge for the ball in midfield, and has pace and genuine technique.  Presumably with Salah back Elliott will be used from the bench, which is really when he produces his best stuff.

Couldn't disagree more. 

As a wing forward, or whatever position salah plays, I don't think he's all that. 

But as a midfielder, I think he's bloody brilliant. Not exactly Andres Iniesta, but similar

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, stringvest said:

That’s what I thought, too. 

Surprised to hear people raving about his performance, but football is subjective.

Just now, Kevin D said:

That’s what I thought, too. 

Surprised to hear people raving about his performance, but football is subjective.

I think people love a tryer, and especially given that he's so young, but I can see him playing as a number 10 for someone like Brighton or Fulham (again) and given a chance to establish himself in a first 11.

I think he's a Ronnie Whelan, a Sammy Lee, players who get dogs abuse but make the team go. They can't all be megastar,  sometimes someone just has to play hi hat and snare while the flair players knock themselves out

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, redinblack said:

I think he's a Ronnie Whelan, a Sammy Lee, players who get dogs abuse but make the team go. They can't all be megastar,  sometimes someone just has to play hi hat and snare while the flair players knock themselves out

Yep, it's a good shout.  More a Sammy Lee than a Ronnie Whelan though.

29 minutes ago, redinblack said:

You think Elliott gets dogs abuse?