Quantcast
Other Football - 2019/20 - Page 267 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Captain Turdseye

Other Football - 2019/20

10 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Potential return like all our players bar Clyne, looks like his head has gone though. Most are about 80% to be fit enough which is a good sign, Salah however only 50%. I doubt we'd risk Salah against Palace unless he's 80-90%. 

Shit. Robbo also only 50/50 to be fit. Swollen ankle. 

Robbo really worries me - said he hasn't been training for last few weeks.

Milner v Zaha is not something wanna see again at weekend.

4 minutes ago, an tha said:

If Robbo is out and Gomez is struggling we don#t really have any other choice mate. 

29 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

If Robbo is out and Gomez is struggling we don#t really have any other choice mate. 

I know - that is a problem we really have to fix!

I hope Oxlade Chamberlain isn't injured. Went down twice in the first half, once after slipping over and another after being tripped. Got subbed about 20 minutes from the end as well.

Why do our players always get fucking injured on international duty?

Just now, aws said:

Are any players going to be involved in internationals mid-week or are they all due back now? 

I think Klopp said the last lot of international games finish on Tuesday.

43 minutes ago, aws said:

Are any players going to be involved in internationals mid-week or are they all due back now? 

Brazil and Holland - i think is what is left that affects us.

Not sure if Lovren is in Croatia squad.

All play Tues.

1 hour ago, sir roger said:

Lovren wasn't in the team or on the bench against Slovakia.

Yeah, what was that all about?

On Robbo I noticed Clarke, the miserable git, made some comment about the players who really want to be here’ Nice dig!!

16 hours ago, an tha said:

Here is the problem with pretending "can do a job" Is a capable back up. 

You don't get to pick and choose the games a player will miss with injury.    Full back depth is desperately required on both sides of the pitch. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Could’ve sworn City walked the league with Delph covering at LB and Milner is probably three times the LB Delph was and ever will be.

• Upvote 1

Took my daughters to the Liverpool Women's game yesterday. Was really good fun, fairly decent standard of football and Liverpool were unlucky to lose. Loads of kids there and at the end the players and staff came over to the Kemlyn to give out scarves, autographs and take selfies. My girls had a really good time and I wouldn't hesitate to take them if they play at Anfield again.

• Upvote 4

Milner is better than probably 80% of full backs in the league. He's fine as a back up. And if he does get skinned by Zaha, he won't be the first or the last, as when he's on it Zaha will do that to anyone.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, dave u said:

Milner is better than probably 80% of full backs in the league. He's fine as a back up. And if he does get skinned by Zaha, he won't be the first or the last, as when he's on it Zaha will do that to anyone.

Agreed. And finding any 'quality' fullbacks to sign for the club in the knowledge they arent shifting either of Trent or Andy is just pie in the sky thinking.

1 hour ago, viRdjil said:

Could’ve sworn City walked the league with Delph covering at LB and Milner is probably three times the LB Delph was and ever will be.

City weren't competing with City for the league.

• Upvote 1

Milner was right back the day Zaha had him for toast. He is much more comfortable at left back and equally Zaha is less effective on the right wing.

6 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

So no then.

Seriously, you’re the only person who finds this remotely interesting mate.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Available Subscriptions

• Last Match Report

• Latest Posts

• What? What the fuck is this clown talking about in the Guardian comments section on Ronay’s Silva dissection? They love to give themselves more relevance than they have,  

• It's great news that we have two players fit and raring to go. 
    • A bullish Xherdan Shaqiri has said that he is ready for more game time after his star showing against Everton in the Reds 5-2 victory on Wednesday evening.

The Swiss star was a surprise selection in the starting lineup especially when you take into account that he had not started a league game since the end of January and his last start in all competitions came on that memorable night on the 7th of May against Barcelona.

Before Wednesday night, Shaqiri played a grand total of 25 minutes in all competitions with his longest run-out coming in the Community Shield against Man City.

A long running battle with a calf injury has been the main reason for his lack of regular first-team action during this campaign, but after scoring his first goal in nearly a year and displaying his sublime skill, Shaq has made it known to all concerned including his manager that he is well and truly back.

The Echo reported the popular utility player as saying:

“ I’m ready, I think the coach saw that too in training,"

"I trained very well and today he gave me the chance and I think I played very well.

“ At the end of the day it’s important to win games with my team, we won it as a team, and obviously when I can contribute it’s always good. 

“Let’s hope for more games!"
        Shaqiri said despite the lack of minutes, rust was never a issue and he felt at home on the pitch.  

“ You know me and how I play, so it’s nothing new!

“I’m an instinctive footballer, so I like to play good football if I feel good. I felt good so I tried some things and it went well.

“ I was very happy to score after a long time. It was a good feeling."

While the injury was undoubtedly a frustrating time for the 28 year-old, he counted his blessings that it was not something more serious like a ligament injury.

“ I’ve been injured [but] thank God I don’t have knee problems or something. I had some muscle problems so I just needed a few weeks to recover well.

“The calf is very dangerous to get another injury and I had this so obviously it was not nice but I stayed positive and tried to come back. 

“I worked very hard in the gym and with the fitness coaches to come back and be ready when the coach needs me. I’m feeling good."

Shaqiri was a player that Jürgen Klopp turned to around this time last season and he certainly did not let his manager down turning in some special performances against Man United and Arsenal in particular.

He is well aware of the jam packed fixture list during this month and says it is great to be option for his manager again.

"Everybody knows that it’s a busy period now with a lot of games coming up, [so] I’m very happy to be back. I’m feeling fresh, feeling good, and I think you saw that.

“We know each other very well, we train every day together, the team stays like last season even when the coach makes some changes - five changes, I think.

“He changed the formation a little bit so it was not simple but we managed that very well today against a good side.

. [It’s] a derby obviously so we wanted to keep the city red, so it was a very important win.

View full article
    • A bullish Xherdan Shaqiri has said that he is ready for more game time after his star showing against Everton in the Reds 5-2 victory on Wednesday evening.

The Swiss star was a surprise selection in the starting lineup especially when you take into account that he had not started a league game since the end of January and his last start in all competitions came on that memorable night on the 7th of May against Barcelona.

Before Wednesday night, Shaqiri played a grand total of 25 minutes in all competitions with his longest run-out coming in the Community Shield against Man City.

A long running battle with a calf injury has been the main reason for his lack of regular first-team action during this campaign, but after scoring his first goal in nearly a year and displaying his sublime skill, Shaq has made it known to all concerned including his manager that he is well and truly back.

The Echo reported the popular utility player as saying:

“ I’m ready, I think the coach saw that too in training,"

"I trained very well and today he gave me the chance and I think I played very well.

“ At the end of the day it’s important to win games with my team, we won it as a team, and obviously when I can contribute it’s always good. 

“Let’s hope for more games!"
        Shaqiri said despite the lack of minutes, rust was never a issue and he felt at home on the pitch.  

“ You know me and how I play, so it’s nothing new!

“I’m an instinctive footballer, so I like to play good football if I feel good. I felt good so I tried some things and it went well.

“ I was very happy to score after a long time. It was a good feeling."

While the injury was undoubtedly a frustrating time for the 28 year-old, he counted his blessings that it was not something more serious like a ligament injury.

“ I’ve been injured [but] thank God I don’t have knee problems or something. I had some muscle problems so I just needed a few weeks to recover well.

“The calf is very dangerous to get another injury and I had this so obviously it was not nice but I stayed positive and tried to come back. 

“I worked very hard in the gym and with the fitness coaches to come back and be ready when the coach needs me. I’m feeling good."

Shaqiri was a player that Jürgen Klopp turned to around this time last season and he certainly did not let his manager down turning in some special performances against Man United and Arsenal in particular.

He is well aware of the jam packed fixture list during this month and says it is great to be option for his manager again.

"Everybody knows that it’s a busy period now with a lot of games coming up, [so] I’m very happy to be back. I’m feeling fresh, feeling good, and I think you saw that.

“We know each other very well, we train every day together, the team stays like last season even when the coach makes some changes - five changes, I think.

“He changed the formation a little bit so it was not simple but we managed that very well today against a good side.

. [It’s] a derby obviously so we wanted to keep the city red, so it was a very important win.

View full article
  • Latest Round Up

• Popular Contributors