You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Going for a piss through the night

Sugar Ape

How often do you go the toilet through the night, on average  

59 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you go the toilet through the night, on average

Three times in the last week I've had to go for a piss through the night. My mrs goes at least twice usually but normally I'm fine, however I've been waking up with a massive urge to go and can't get back asleep once I've been. Fucking pain in the arse.

Is this the start of old age? Is this how it began for you Stringy when you had to go the outhouse through the night?

This needs a poll.

What I like to do is wake up busting for a piss half an hour before the alarm is due to go off.

Then instead of getting it done and having an extra 30 minutes kip, convince my lazy self that I can go back to sleep, it’s only half an hour. And proceed to lie there not getting back to sleep because I’m busting for a piss.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

What I like to do is wake up busting for a piss half an hour before the alarm is due to go off.

Then instead of getting it done and having an extra 30 minutes kip, convince my lazy self that I can go back to sleep, it’s only half an hour. And proceed to lie there not getting back to sleep because I’m busting for a piss.

Every night without fail.

50 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Not quite at the "needing to go for a piss during the night" stage, but I am pretty vigilant about making sure that I have a piss last thing before going to bed.

I'm the same, always go before hitting the sack. I hate getting out of bed and know will just lie there even with a full bag if it's the early hours.

4 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Prostate.

Had a little look then and I reckon it might be this as I’ve been put on medication for high blood pressure recently:

• Diuretics include medications used to treat high blood pressure or the excessive accumulation of fluids in tissue. Use of these can cause a marked increase in urination. Caffeinated beverages, such as coffee and cola, can also have a diuretic effect.

Just now, Anny Road said:

Aids.

I said it’s a recent problem so it can’t be Aids. 

• Upvote 1

I don't drink anything after tea time so I don't usually go but if I've been on the bevvy it's a different story, usually two or three times under those circumstances.

My bladder is pathetic, on a night out I need to go to the pisser every half an hour.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Had a little look then and I reckon it might be this as I’ve been put on medication for high blood pressure recently:

• Diuretics include medications used to treat high blood pressure or the excessive accumulation of fluids in tissue. Use of these can cause a marked increase in urination. Caffeinated beverages, such as coffee and cola, can also have a diuretic effect.

I said it’s a recent problem so it can’t be Aids. 

Indapamide?

5 minutes ago, Mook said:

I don't drink anything after tea time so I don't usually go but if I've been on the bevvy it's a different story, usually two or three times under those circumstances.

My bladder is pathetic, on a night out I need to go to the pisser every half an hour.

I can easily go four or five pints without a piss when I’m on the ale but once I’ve gone for the first time I’m fucked and have to go about once a pint.