You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Napoli (A) - 3 Oct 2018

aRdja

1 hour ago, Barnesey said:

Have refused to travel for this one after our experiences in 2010. Several Reds got stabbed (one in an hotel) and they were cruising on their Vespas in the City after the game looking for stray fans. Frightening.

Met a woman from Napoli not long after and told her what I thought of her City. She told me, once you got used to be being mugged a couple of times a year and having your handbag knicked fairly regularly, it was lovely.

Yep

Enough about The Grafton,what about Naples?

2 hours ago, johnsusername said:

Please the first team tonight, please. Win. Then play the first team against Manchester City, and win that. 

Sturridge and Shaqiri off the bench in both with 20 minutes to go. 

There, easy.

Bob Paisley over here.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Barnesey said:

Have refused to travel for this one after our experiences in 2010. Several Reds got stabbed (one in an hotel) and they were cruising on their Vespas in the City after the game looking for stray fans. Frightening.

Met a woman from Napoli not long after and told her what I thought of her City. She told me, once you got used to be being mugged a couple of times a year and having your handbag knicked fairly regularly, it was lovely.

Yep

A few of our fans have been picked off and slashed/attacked by the moped lot, according to the Echo. 

It's an annual thing with the Italian "Ultras" (slang for cunts) and fuck all seems to be done about it. 

4 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

The game at the weekend is orders of magnitude more important than this. I hope the team selection has that in mind.

I dont. Play our best team and get the job done. A win tonight and 2 likely wins over Red Star and we can rest players after that. When we are through. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

Their police never seem to get to grips with the problem even though they say stuff to the media about it.

I'm fully expecting rent-a-quote gobshite and Napoli owner Aurelio De Laurentiis to firmly lay the blame for any problems at Liverpool's door.

16 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

Right, but I still I worry about our league form after Champions League matches. And City have had a day more to recover than we have.

I can see where you are coming from but we can't afford to fuck about here.

Still got to go to Paris - Belgrade could be very tricky.

Get a win here and we are in a strong position and maybe will lead to us being able to rest one or two later in group which will help us ahead of Christmas madness!

Plus Mo needs goals and would be great if he got one or two here and went into City game feeling really confident.

Napoli are a good team too and we often aren't very clever when we make changes.

Going to try and put our foot on Napoli's throats, good to see

A win tonight really puts them in shit street as they will be 5pts behind us with back to back games with PSG up next and us having the same with Red Star. We could be just about through the group with 2 games to spare if we can get it done tonight and don't fuck up the Red Star games