You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

52 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Yeah dyche isn't there to shine the shoes of the top managers. The Owl and Howe would be desperate for a few minutes of Pep's time and see if they could take a young talent on loan. Dyche and his Orcs are like some warlike dwarf tribe in a tolkein novel that will have a go at anyone. I went on their forum and their fans seem like a decent lot.

Haha that's the perfect description of them. 

10 hours ago, Boss said:

Some hilarious defending here.

Liverpool fans give Lovren a lot of stick and yes he is prone to the occasional mistake, but even when we didn't have Van Dijk marshalling our back line or Alisson in goal to bring up some real solidity, Lovren didn't mess up anywhere near as often as Mustafi seems to do on a regular basis.

15 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Great, so they're clearly due a goal and a result against a top two side. Game on.

They'll take my clutched straws from my cold dead hands.

I am even prepared to clutch at plastic straws, to hell with the planet, but I fear we are now in the crazier-things-have- happened territory.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SasaS said:

I am even prepared to clutch at plastic straws, to hell with the planet, but I fear we are now in the crazier-things-have- happened territory.

I'm happy to clutch at one of the bubbles a straw makes when you blow into a half-empty glass with it.

Two games stand out for me;

Us at newcastle.

Them at Burnley.

Neither will be easy games for us or them and I can see dropped points for one of us.

Brighton could be awkward for them but huddersfield should be a goal fest for us tonight. I'd take the three points now if offered and a solid 1-0 though.

Leicester and Wolves are similar enough standard. Both have good players but i think we both take three points.

Leicester or Burnley really,  Brighton have absolutely no chance. 

City going out of the champions League and how it fucked Spurs over for the league game has helped City hugely.   Really shit result for us there but will make us favourites in it if we get past Barca. 

46 minutes ago, janmolby said:

Hoping Brighton can still be relegated on that final day

Can hope that all you want, it'd just mean city relegate them.   They're brutal and have zero threat. 

There's at least a very small chance that Leicester can do them on the counter or Burnley kick and cheat their way to a point. 

If it goes to the last day and we're not already ahead.   Then they might as well start engraving city on the cup. 

• Upvote 1

Burnley won't do fuck all now they don't need to win the game.  It's why I wanted the Chavs to beat them the other day.  Mind boggling People actually thought Burnley drawing and other teams going for the top 4 slipping up would actually give Utd a kick up the arse.

51 minutes ago, J-V said:

Burnley won't do fuck all now they don't need to win the game.  It's why I wanted the Chavs to beat them the other day.  Mind boggling People actually thought Burnley drawing and other teams going for the top 4 slipping up would actually give Utd a kick up the arse.

No burnley will be well up for it. Sean Dyche is many things but he demands 100% from his teams and he would love to beat them. It might not be enough but it won't be for the lack of effort. 

Going on their forum, their fans are well up for a scalp (like the geordies will be next week).

3 hours ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Two games stand out for me;

Us at newcastle.

Them at Burnley.

Neither will be easy games for us or them and I can see dropped points for one of us.

Brighton could be awkward for them but huddersfield should be a goal fest for us tonight. I'd take the three points now if offered and a solid 1-0 though.

Leicester and Wolves are similar enough standard. Both have good players but i think we both take three points.

Oh the irony if Rafa dashed our hopes a couple of months after he raised them, by beating City.

2 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Not a chance that Rafa will roll over and let us beat Newcastle. The fella is a profession football manager who wants to win as many games as possible.

Yep, he said as much a couple of weeks ago.