You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sergio Ramos

Hades

Ramos better watch out. The Beast is after him.

t's safe to say Sergio Ramos hasn't exactly endeared himself to those connected with Liverpool this past fortnight.

The Real Madrid captain is seen as public enemy No 1 to many for his role in Mohamed Salah's night-ending injury during the Champions League final on May 26.

This has been exasperated further following claims that Loris Karius suffered concussion during the Kiev showpiece after a collision with Ramos too - something the latter has denied with sarcastic undertones.

4D016FCB00000578-5816063-image-a-9_15283
+8
  •  

Adebayo Akinfenwa took to Twitter on Wednesday to send a video warning Sergio Ramos

4D016FBB00000578-5816063-image-a-19_1528
+8
  •  

The Wycombe Wanderers striker is unhappy with Ramos' comments towards Liverpool players

4D016FAF00000578-5816063-image-a-21_1528
+8
  •  

Liverpool fan Akinfenwa told Ramos in the video that he's lucky that'll never face each other

4D016F8300000578-5816063-image-a-22_1528

The 36-year-old crunches up a football boot to show the Spaniard what he would do it him

And it is those undertones that have resulted in Wycombe Wanderers striker Adebayo Akinfenwa to send a light-hearted warning to the Spaniard.

Akinfenwa, who is a Liverpool fan, took to Twitter on Wednesday to make his feelings known.

'Don't worry Liverpool FC I will always have your back. #YNWA #WeInThisTogether #SometimesYouHave2Smile #BeastMode,' he tweeted alongside a video.

Mohamed Salah has spoken about his clash with Sergio Ramos in the Champions League final and says he never told the Real Madrid man “it was okay”.

Salah was injured after a tangle with Ramos in the 3-1 Champions League final defeat in Kiev last month

The pair locked arms as they fell to the ground, with Salah taking the brunt of the weight on his shoulder.

He had to be substituted after 30 minutes, with fears expressed over his chances of making the World Cup in Russia this summer.

And now the Liverpool star has reacted to the incident in an interview released with Marca.

“Now I’m better. I hope to play the first game against Uruguay, but that will depend on how I feel when it approaches. It was the worst moment of my career.

“When I fell to the ground, I had a mixture of physical pain and a lot of worry. Also anger and sadness for not being able to continue playing the Champions League final. Moments later, I also thought about the possibility of not playing in the World Cup and that was a devastating thought.

“Did Sergio Ramos call me? Yes, he sent me a message, but I never told him it was okay. My comment is that it’s always okay when the one who made you cry first, then makes you laugh.

“Maybe he could also tell me if I’m going to be ready for the World Cup?”

Ramos recently claimed Salah could have played on with a pain-killing injection in his shoulder.

“I spoke with Salah through messages, and he was quite good,” Ramos added via Cuatro.“He could have played if he got an injection for the second half, I have done it sometimes but when Ramos does something like this, it sticks a little bit more.

“I don’t know if it’s because you’re at Madrid for so long and win for so long that people look at it a different way.”

Russia defender Ilya Kupetov believes that silencing Mohamed Salah at the World Cup is possible – after Sergio Ramos showed the watching world how he could be stopped.

The Egyptian star dislocated his shoulder after a challenge with Ramos, with the Spaniard bundling the Liverpool man to the floor in the Champions League final.

Ramos has reacted, saying that he did nothing wrong, but Salah says that what the Real Madrid defender did to him was not OK.

And now Kupetov, who plays for Spartak Moscow, is promising more rough-house tactics for the Liverpool star in the World Cup.

“Salah’s game doesn’t worry me. How do you stop him? Well, you can do what Sergio Ramos did for example,” Kutepov said.

“He showed us one way of stopping him and I can’t say that I was upset when I watched him get injured in the final.

“I wish him a quick recovery and I’ll be happy if he plays at the World Cup because it helps you improve when you play against such a genius.”

Russia defender Ilya Kupetov believes that silencing Mohamed Salah at the World Cup is possible – after Sergio Ramos showed the watching world how he could be stopped.

The Egyptian star dislocated his shoulder after a challenge with Ramos, with the Spaniard bundling the Liverpool man to the floor in the Champions League final.

Ramos has reacted, saying that he did nothing wrong, but Salah says that what the Real Madrid defender did to him was not OK.

And now Kupetov, who plays for Spartak Moscow, is promising more rough-house tactics for the Liverpool star in the World Cup.

“Salah’s game doesn’t worry me. How do you stop him? Well, you can do what Sergio Ramos did for example,” Kutepov said.

“He showed us one way of stopping him and I can’t say that I was upset when I watched him get injured in the final.

“I wish him a quick recovery and I’ll be happy if he plays at the World Cup because it helps you improve when you play against such a genius.”

I guess you could gas him like a badger or just shoot him too.

Perhaps Sepp Blatter and Michel Platini could put their heads together on the acceptable way for inconvenient talents like Salah to be stopped.

Or perhaps they could arrange a quick Qatari citizenship for the lad in time for 2022.

Perhaps that modern-day-stage fretter and strutter, Ramos, could quaff some hemlock too.

Perhaps Sepp Blatter and Michel Platini could put their heads together on the acceptable way for inconvenient talents like Salah to be stopped.

Or perhaps they could arrange a quick Qatari citizenship for the lad in time for 2022.

Perhaps that modern-day-stage fretter and strutter, Ramos, could quaff some hemlock too.

They can say these things because he's 'only' a Muslim!

That interview is tantamount to a threat of violence. FIFA played a blinder having the World Cup held in Russia. Coming up next : Ski Sunday live from Sri Lanka.

• 3 weeks later...

Properly lost my shit when I seen him keep hold of the ball after his peno and saying something to the Russian lad.

Launched into a full on rant and called him a horrible snidey cheating cunt in front of my ma then apologised.

My ma said, sometimes cunt is the only word to do a person justice. Knows the score my ma!

• Upvote 3