You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Russia World Cup 18

Bjornebye

First English match I've watched in the pub there. I fucking hate England fans. Even most of my fucking mates that support them. Dancing round to the fucking Fratellis doing Chelsea Dagger. Bad blerts the lot of them.

If we lived in a civilised world you'd be allowed to just shoot people in the street for that.

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get not supporting England, I'm borderline nearly there myself, but why revel in it? Just don't watch them if you don't like them surely?

Can't bring myself to get immersed in the Ingurland wankfest but my pub has been bouncing  with some good people for every Ingurland match. Atmosphere tonight was brilliant and I'm rather enjoying their progress.

Kerching, etc. 

• Upvote 2

Can't bring myself to get immersed in the Ingurland wankfest but my pub has been bouncing  with some good people for every Ingurland match. Atmosphere tonight was brilliant and I'm rather enjoying their progress.

Kerching, etc. 

As in, you own/run the pub?

South American sides are fucking cunts. Snide little rats.

So all South Americans are snide little rats, are we? I am deeply offended. Either apologise for your racism towards me or I shall be forced to report your post to Usher. I will also consider reporting it to the police.

I wanted Pickford to do more before they took their pen's. He should have been in their faces, smack talking, walking up when the ball was on the spot and kicking it away.

He was too nice.

We need to get more snide.

"We"

Anyone checked on An tha?

• Upvote 1

Colombia were a disgrace, which in a way is a shame because if they actually tried to play football and not be snide, they probably would have won within 90 minutes. They have some talent and depending on when James Rodriguez is back, they would be a decent bet for a world cup final. On paper, a Croatia v Colombia semi would have been a belter taking it for granted that they both would have beaten Sweden and Russia, which isn't a given.

Anyhow, I'm now hoping for a Russia v England semi for the pure shits and giggles. On a purely clinical level, England winning is great for us. The likes of Young, Rashford, Lingard, Sterling, Ali and Kane getting fuck all of a pre-season can only be good for us, just like Belguim doing well is good for us. Fair enough Hendo is out there, but with our new midfielders, there should be less pressure on him next season. TAA isn't really playing so he's benefiting from the experience.

I don't think I would necessarily support England even in a final, but I will say that I wouldn't cheer against them either, which is big progress for me. A lot of their fans are knobs, but then again not all of our lot are angels either. Fair play to Southgate it has to be said for making them a competent team, when their general resources are less than previous years.

For my money, Kane is an excellent player and seems a good pro, a good captain and a likeable lad. He's certainly a million times more likeable than Shearer et al. He's a good role model for young lads from what I can see. I'll like him even more when he fucks off to Real.

Had an evening class last night and got back in time for the shoot out. Watched with mild indifference. The last time I got behind the Ingerlund team was 2001 with the win in Germany. Since then its phases of dislike, contempt and now couldnt care less. Watching the shoot out last night proved this for me that I was completely over them. More arsed about us as a club. 

I used to be massively into supporting England, these days not as much. I still want us to win but years of let downs, of the likes of Rooney mouthing off to cameras as he walked off the pitch and Hodgson and Cappello overseeing dreadful campaigns have dampened the enthusiasm a touch.   

I think a few more Liverpool players would help a few more on here get behind them- years gone by we had a pretty healthy presence in the squad.

Im finding it a little hard to get on board, Kanes antics at Anfield still wrankle with me. I also find my dislike (irrational) of the likes of Lingaard, Young and Sterling prevents me from getting carried away.

Add to that the press. I had the radio on this morning and at was as if everyone on there had watched a different game to me. I thought England were pretty poor. Its such fine margins, had England lost we would be assessing a tournament where the only result of note was against a terrible Panama team and our attack from open play was virtually non existent.

Kane certainly has a cool head when it comes to pens but when I watch him for England I cant work out what his games strenghths are- he clearly must have some for the amount he sticks away for Tottenham. He isnt a flat track bully like Lukaku, he isnt playing off the last defender like Vardy. He's not quick. I guess it must highlight how important Christian Eriksen is for him/Spurs.

I was rooting for a win as Colombia were dirty little snides on the night. What England/we need now is a proper performance, a momentum building win done with a bit of style. 

I will get behind them, Ive earnt the right to be a bit of a  fair weather style fan and hopefully they will chip away at me until Im full on Inggerrrland again

(very excited about Keita/Fabinho/Salah/Firminio/Mane/Virgil/Robertson/Klopp!)                   

• Upvote 2

I suppose I should get behind them was the outcome of last night then you see the gammon press wanking themselves silly and it all seems very unpleasant, Southgate and most of the players are ok mind so holding my nose with one hand and punching the air with the other seems to be the way forward, Until Saturday that it.

I suppose I should get behind them was the outcome of last night then you see the gammon press wanking themselves silly and it all seems very unpleasant, Southgate and most of the players are ok mind so holding my nose with one hand and punching the air with the other seems to be the way forward, Until Saturday that it.

Hmm. It is not like the Argentine Portugese Spanish press would have held everything in when their countries were winning world cup games though is it. Just a thought.

Just hit me that one of Sweden/England and Russia/Croatia will be in the World Cup Final.

Should make for a different spectacle.

Of course, they should run into Brazil or France once they get there - so will likely be a footnote at the end of the day unless there is a massive upset.