You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Stoke City (a) -PL Match Thread

Dave D

My balls have finally defrosted! Jesus that place is fucking cold. 

Solid enough - defence aside as we know individuals are not good enough. The midfield is unbalanced - good players when they are doing what they are good at, but that is about it. 

Gomez really is turning into a key player - and I was really pleased about Solanke, he looked good, and gave a lot more than Sturridge has. First goal I was right by the fucking flare - so couldn't see shit for about 5 minutes. I was in a similar spot for the boxing day fixture against Stoke a few years ago and got caught up in a flare then as well. 

Above Spurs - who're light years ahead of us! 

• Upvote 1

I’m excited by every game we play. I can’t wait to watch or follow in whatever way I can. I hope we win a trophy this season, as it has been too long. We’ve been close under Klopp but we need to win something soon.

The overarching goal is winning the Prem. I’d take that whenever it comes, but conventional wisdom says you need to consolidate as a top four contender and then kick on from there. I know what Leicester did, but they are the anomaly and won’t be a regular in or near the top four any time soon. Top four and a trophy would be lovely. The bigger the trophy the better. And winning the league remains the ultimate prize. Not had any bread and butter for a long time now.

• Upvote 4

I’m excited by every game we play. I can’t wait to watch or follow in whatever way I can. I hope we win a trophy this season, as it has been too long. We’ve been close under Klopp but we need to win something soon.

The overarching goal is winning the Prem. I’d take that whenever it comes, but conventional wisdom says you need to consolidate as a top four contender and then kick on from there. I know what Leicester did, but they are the anomaly and won’t be a regular in or near the top four any time soon. Top four and a trophy would be lovely. The bigger the trophy the better. And winning the league remains the ultimate prize. Not had any bread and butter for a long time now.

God bless you, Rev.

Sorry to hear that. A man who just eats plain chips, is a man who ain't living. 

• Upvote 1