You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Stoke City (a) -PL Match Thread

Dave D

Guest Pistonbroke

I hope your right otherwise it will be like War of The Worlds on here!

Stoke will at least try a bit at home, probably get stuck between parking the bus and not. Think our pace will cause them all kinds of problems. Hopefully Lallana starts and Henderson gets benched. Mane and Bobby back in the fold as well. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Agreed- hopefully Mane is as fired up as he was at full time yesterday 

Hopefully. Stoke have let in more goals than anyone else bar Everton and the same amount as the Hammers. They've also had a pretty easy run all things considered. It would be a thing of beauty if Mane took out whatever frustrations he was felling against them and Hughes. 

Sounds dramatic but its a must win really. 2 points or 1 point only from last 2 games would be a big set back.

A win puts us on the right track for what has been a relatively good run.Stoke aren't the Pulis style threat they once were.  

Whens Clyne back? Get Gomez at centre back and we might start settling a bit

Sounds dramatic but its a must win really. 2 points or 1 point only from last 2 games would be a big set back.

A win puts us on the right track for what has been a relatively good run.Stoke aren't the Pulis style threat they once were.

Whens Clyne back? Get Gomez at centre back and we might start settling a bit

He’s been ruled out for another 3 months, had a setback. I’ll be surprised if we even see him play for us this season

Shawcross whilst never looking amazing always looked a solid defender and really good for a team like Stoke, he’s been atrocious this season, I mean Ashley Williams levels of shite. Target him all game and I guarantee he fouls Mane, Salah or Firmino to give us a penalty. They’ll be too quick for him. Think we’ll win this 3-0.

Is there any reliable information as to what the fuck is wrong with him ?

Appears he has a serious back problem which our world-class medical team tried to cure by asking him every day for 3 months whether it felt any better. When this ,amazingly, did not produce results they opted for surgery a week or two back.

• Upvote 2

I haven’t heard hardly anything regarding him just that it’s a serious back injury.

I posted on his own thread months ago that I read he’d failed a drug test and that around the time of his appeal that he’d be out for another few months with a recurrence of his “back” injury and then it happened. Back injuries are the easiest excuse like Coutinho used because it’s very hard to identify a back injury through MRIs etc..it’s very suspicious either way because hardly anything’s mentioned about him, when others have long term injuries they’re usually still visible at games and thing but it’s like he’s disappeared.

I heard he got a tattoo in the summer in Tuebrook, as it was hot he decided to go for a swim in Newsham Park lake and the tattoo got infected. But the real problem was the tattoo, it was of Donald Trump shagging a Bald Eagle, John and Tom got wind of it and he was immediately took out of the squad. They wanted him sold but they couldn't find a buyer quick enough.

Mignolet and Lovren have both gotten American flags tattooed on them in the last 18 months.

2 new contracts. Has to be connected.

It’s bunched up behind Man City. We have to keep our good run going and get some more wins on the board. The draw with Chelsea wasn’t disastrous, but now it’s time to dust ourselves down and take it out on someone. Stoke, under Mark Hughes, at least try to play football. That will play into our hands.

We shouldn't go there thinking our shit don't stink just because we've been in good form recently whereas Stoke are down amongst the dregs. In the past, we've come undone because we've gone into such games with the wrong mentality. Go and get the job done by concentrating for the whole game, at both ends of the pitch.

• Upvote 1