You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Aren't these all kids though?

Yes, pretty much - though a few have a decent amount of games and experience under their belt considering their years.

I was trying to name people in the sort of age bracket we've seen FSG go for. With that said, they are good players. At least three, and probably four, would go straight into our first team and be easily comparable or better than the quality we have there now. As it happens, our best eleven is already very good, but it's what comes after that where we are let down. 

The five I've named would improve us immediately, but would also be of an age for Klopp to shape and grow. In terms of the sort that FSG might go for, I would argue that all five players will grow in value in the coming years, and one or two might do so quite spectacularly.

Sessegnon is the one player who would be a step behind the team, but he could offer respite to Milner on occasion, and in time replace him in the side. But he's the youngest of the group and isn't ready to hold down a spot with us just yet. But that's OK for now, because Milner has been very good. 

Keita's a box-to-box monster, he reminds me of Vidal a bit. I have a feeling Leipzig will demand something outrageous.

If he's that good let's hope we pay whatever it takes. He's young and if we can get the next 5+ years out of him he'll only increase the value FSG will be looking for. Moneyball done properly. Is he the kid who was meant to have knocked us back last summer as he didn't think he'd get any game time? Send emre the other way as a sweetener

Don't see Keita moving to us unless we get top 4. If we are his only option, which we won't be, then he'll just stay another season at RBL and increase his stock in the champions league.

What is encouraging is that we're looking at that type of player. Well it would be if we didn't do things like sign £20m defenders because we couldn't sign the forwards we were chasing all window. I genuinely believe we'd be in a better position had we kept Commoli which is saying something.

I cant understand wtf we've been doing in the transfer markets, it ridiculous. Watching the game and seeing someone like Mane go down, then seeing the panic on the benches face and wondering who can cover him/them successfully is not the way forward.

Wtf is fsg playing at ?

• Upvote 1

This Paredes for Roma looks pretty decent. He was monitored by us last summer apparently. Always in the right position and makes the right decision with the ball.

(First time I've ever seen him play tonight so if he's usually shite ignore this)

We should be buying at least two starting calibre cetral players

Can can be sold on as it sounds like he thinks he is worth far more than he is.

Other than that we only have Henderson,Wijnaldum and Lallana so need at least two more just for enough to rotate the side as needed. Henderson could do with not being a starter each week anyway. So a a defensive minded and another box to bx type would help us no end

Then you can play Lallana and Coutinho as the the third man in the middle and get some true width from a left forward