You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

We'll replace Klavan and Sakho although one might be replaced by gomez but going on this year he could be loaned out in which case we need 2 centre backs.

Moreno will go so we need a left back.

Can might go if he can't get contract he wants or Lucas might finally go so at least one midfielder will come in.

Sturridge is gone so we'll sign a striker.

Might fuck off mignolet as well so could have a new keeper. Although he's still playing every game so who knows.

I think it'll be a case of replacing what we sell rather than bringing in along with.

I don't think it'll ever happen. We bench him, his agent sets up a transfer to Serie A every window, then we call him back and say we love him really, he's a model pro etc. Then we bench him.

At least we've moved on from saying he's not good enough for the midfield, now we're saying he's not good enough as a CB. This time next year we'll be saying he's not much of a wing-back.

I don't think it'll ever happen. We bench him, his agent sets up a transfer to Serie A every window, then we call him back and say we love him really, he's a model pro etc. Then we bench him.

At least we've moved on from saying he's not good enough for the midfield, now we're saying he's not good enough as a CB. This time next year we'll be saying he's not much of a wing-back.

I've given up being certain he'll go with the hope that he'll just go.

GK: Sell Mignolet, loan out Karius and get Hart.

CB: Sell Klavan, loan out Gomez. Spend on Virgil Van Dijk and Harry Maguire.

LB: Hull's LB looked decent, I like Brady but he'd be too exp now I would've thought. I'm sure there are good full backs available overseas.

CM: Dahoud, cos we wanted him last summer.

Winger: Brandt, cos we wanted him in January.

Striker: Iheanacho. He looks a brilliant talent, and should be available now that he's 3rd choice. Looks likely that Sturridge will leave.

----------------Hart-------------

Clyne--Maguire---Van Dijk--Brady

--------------Hendo--------------

--------Dahoud----Coutinho-----

Mane-----------------------Brandt

------------Iheanacho------------

Bench: Ward, Lovren, Matip, Wijnaldum, Lallana/Firmino, Milner, Origi.

• Downvote 1

Just sign a centre half, two midfielders and a striker. If there's a decent fullback available then sign one as well, but we need to shore up the spine first.

Karius will be fine in goal and Markovic can come back to be a pacy option when Mane can't play. We don't need to spend money on depth there as we already have options at the club, especially if we aren't in Europe. The middle is more important.

I don't understand the Brandt or Pulisic fascination. That's the last type of player I'd look for.

We need better than Karius and Markovic mate. We need a competent keeper, Karius would be better served going on loan in my opinion, maybe take him out of the firing line. I was a Markovic fan but Ojo is a better option already, or Wilson. We need a left winger.

Klopp won't give up on Karius and rightfully so. He'll be 24, not 19. He doesn't need a loan, he'll figure it out.

As for Markovic, we wouldn't be asking him to play every game, he would be depth. What we need is a spine because ours is currently shite. The money needs to go there not on another 20 year old winger/attacking mid.

Klopp won't give up on Karius and rightfully so. He'll be 24, not 19. He doesn't need a loan, he'll figure it out.

As for Markovic, we wouldn't be asking him to play every game, he would be depth. What we need is a spine because ours is currently shite. The money needs to go there not on another 20 year old winger/attacking mid.

I maintain Karius is not the answer, we shall see in August if he is number one. Ojo can play occasionally and add depth. Markovic has done nothing to suggest he is any better, and I was made up when we signed him, just like Karius. Both have had problems and we cannot afford any passengers, especially not in goal. My opinion anyway.

Andrea Belotti would be great.  However, Juventus have a track record of hoovering all talent up in that division, and this will likely be no different.  His goal record, for his age, in such a throbbing cunt of league, is brilliant.  Allied to the fact he already lives in Turin, a fucking beautiful city.  If not Juventus, then likely Chelsea or Bayern very likely to take notice with Italian managers.

Bas Dost.  He might seem a shit choice, but he's got the traits that some people are asking for.  He's 6'5" and he's scored goals regularly across the Dutch, German and Portguese leagues.  He might be the next Llorente type.  He's 27, so it's not potential.  He's currently at Sporting Lisbon.  He was the most efficient striker in Europe in 2014/15, with 18 goals from 54 shots for Wolfsburg.

https://youtu.be/AussGxeCsnM

Alex Lacazette.  He's not coming here, he's going LANDAN, which is a fucking shame because he's been a top striker for a few years now.  Weirdly nobody tried to get him, despite 70 league goals in the last 3 seasons.  Top striker, a real handful capable of scoring from very little.

Mauro Icardi.  Top striker, 54 league goals in the last 3 seasons and still only 24.  Good size, not big but tough with it.  Much will depend on Inter's owners and what they want to do with the club and how much they want to invest.  There's rumours of Diego Simeone coming in to manage.  They spent a fortune on Joao Mario last year, so they may not be a selling club and Icardi may see his future in Milan.

https://youtu.be/ZOFs_ZG2WRI

Lukasz Teodorczyk, 25, Polish, is 6'1", has scored goals in Poland, Ukraine and Belgium.  Untested at the top level, sure, but it might be a Lewandowski-esque coup.

Andre Silva, still only 21 and is 6'1" and plays for Porto for the moment.  I say that because as of a few hours ago they put him on the transfer list in order to raise funds.  This is his breakthrough season, his true value remains unclear, but it's a great start with 13 goals in 15 league games, and  4 goals in 5 Portugal caps.  Apparently United all over him, but not sure if they have their eyes on Griezmann.

https://youtu.be/dRc1GGnm8pA

For me, I'd love Belotti, he reminds me of that bundle of bastard that was Torres in his pomp.  He was class but also hard, he made defenders nervous, they made mistakes just because they knew he was near.

Lot to be said for the solid target man, and Dost and Teodorczyk look a real handful against any centre back pairing.  Big and strong, they'll occupy the defenders and create carnage.

I don't want a player who comes in and takes the piss out of the club, and the money we offer them.  We could offer a mad contract to Dzeko, but I get the feeling he'd pocket the money and not give much of a fuck.

Too much water under the bridge for Aspas to return, despite how good he looks and how well he'd fit the Klopp false 9 system.

Aubameyang is hell bent on moving to Spain.

Kane will cost £100m.

Lukaku is a no no for obvious reasons.

Sanchez wants out of the UK.

Mertens wouldn't last 2 minutes in the PL.

Defoe will be shit the moment he puts on a red shirt.

Immobile used to work with Klopp but it didn't work out well for either.  

Werner is too young, and only recently arrived at Leipzig.

All the above names are currently on the GoldenShoe list.

http://www.eurotopfoot.com/gb/soulierdor.php3

Bas Dost is going to China for FORTY MILLION EUROS mate. He's also not really that good.

Now that's an interesting premise.  Quite often I see very effective players who I don't 'rate' by eye, but they bring the points in.

And vice-versa, quality looking players with poor numbers.

For this reason, I'd have Dost.  £35m seems excessive for what is fundamentally a grock of a forward, but his goal return is likely to be worth the outlay.

As ever, where were we when they were young or on the scrapheap?  Lazy bastards we are, and it's our biggest problem.  We have more money than most, and yet we 'scout' like we're dickheads.

Who's the next player, or hidden gems, with big goal returns?

These are the top scorers in Holland at the moment:

Nicolai Jørgensen - 16 goals

Reza Ghoochannejhad - 14 goals

Samuel Armenteros - 12 goals

Kasper Dolberg - 12 goals

Davy Klaassen - 11 goals

Dolberg is the sweetheart of the bunch, just 19 years old.  

I think Davy Klassen is one to also consider as a squad player, still only 24 and has a great goal return for an attacking midfielder.

Nicolai Jørgensen