You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

You seriously have to be a fucking moron to believe we "don't need draxler". Jesus Christ it seems people still don't understand the word SQUAD.

If mane or salah gets injured we're back to playing Origi out wide, who is fucking shit, or Kent, who is totally unproven and will probably get loaned out.

Furthermore, draxler can play at the apex of our midfield three, currently occupied by Wijnaldum the fucking invisible man. With Lallana out until January, he will be fighting only Coutinho for that position.

That's three positions he could play in, not to mention that he's also previously deputized as a striker and supporting striker should we ever lose Bobby or play a diamond 442.

I don't even know why I typed that out cause we won't sign him anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 3

Klopp: "If the transfer window ended yesterday we already would have a team I would like and can play football with."

Stop fucking talking shite for fucks sake. We've been watching Liverpool play for our entire lives, nobody buys this shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Klopp, a master of psychology, is managing 25 egos and is going to call them inadequate at the start of the season. Why don't you stop talking shite?

• Upvote 1

Draxler works on two levels.

One - fuck Barca, give us £135m orbfuck off.

And B. Coutinho best behave himself as we can play hardball and keep you in the reserves if you want to sulk.

And he is a great player, one who can play right across the front 3. Daft to turn him down so that United can get him.

Klopp, a master of psychology, is managing 25 egos and is going to call them inadequate at the start of the season. Why don't you stop talking shite?

Yet Ronald Koeman for example at Everton has come out even with the business they have done and been very clear in saying he wants to and will do more...for me because he knows he will be backed to.

Our manager on the other hand is coming out with what he is not for the reason you say but because he simply isn't sure if he is going to get backed/has no faith that the idiots he works for can get him the players he clearly wants.

• Upvote 2

You seriously have to be a fucking moron to believe we "don't need draxler". Jesus Christ it seems people still don't understand the word SQUAD.

If mane or salah gets injured we're back to playing Origi out wide, who is fucking shit, or Kent, who is totally unproven and will probably get loaned out.

Furthermore, draxler can play at the apex of our midfield three, currently occupied by Wijnaldum the fucking invisible man. With Lallana out until January, he will be fighting only Coutinho for that position.

That's three positions he could play in, not to mention that he's also previously deputized as a striker and supporting striker should we ever lose Bobby or play a diamond 442.

I don't even know why I typed that out cause we won't sign him anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote

You had me at "Origi".

Im all in!

And your right, we probably wont sign him anyway. Looks like lots of us are in the same place here.

Yet Ronald Koeman for example at Everton has come out even with the business they have done and been very clear in saying he wants to and will do more...for me because he knows he will be backed to.

Our manager on the other hand is coming out with what he is not for the reason you say but because he simply isn't sure if he is going to get backed/has no faith that the idiots he works for can get him the players he clearly wants.

That is too far!

Fuck off lauding Pat Butcher over Klopp. They finished 7th and he has spent all summer slagging of the current players. Koeman is a cunt who will sell any player down the river if it keeps the shit from his door.

Cunt of a man, cunt of a manager, managing a club full of cunts, who play for cunts.

If we lost Coutinho we could easily shuffle the team round to fit in a number 10 like Draxler.

Sit Hendo and Can as a screen in front of the back 4 and push Draxler or Firmino in as a 10 with a striker amd Salah and Mane wide. Not much of a shift really

If Coutinho is going (and I very much hope he doesn't go) then Draxler and Meyer (one year left) would be a decent way to add creativity and pace. Mind you, it absolutely would not change the need to strengthen in the two main positions we've been trying to strengthen as we've chased after VVD and Keita. 

It's hard to tell from a distance, but Draxler might possibly have believed his own hype a bit too much, got the big deal at PSG, but now their manager doesn't like what he sees. Or then again, he might just be collateral damage in the Neymar deal, as someone needs to make way and they need to claw some money back to try to at least pretend FFP is a thing. 

It's absolutely this.

Draxler is a great player, one that I'd be a bit nervous having at Liverpool because I once posted on here that of all the "next Gerrards, he's the one that I watch and immediately think 'yeah, I can see that'" and that quote would come back to haunt me whenever he has a poor game.

But his career is at a point where we could get a real bargain if we move quickly.  He was obviously brilliant at Schalke, but then chose the money at Wolfsburg in a strange move for all involved.  Didn't work, then he goes to PSG and starts to really flourish.  Then comes Neymar and it's back to the drawing board.

If the rumoured price of £30-35m is true, I guarantee that Klopp will want to bid.  I just don't think there's any way he goes for that, not unless his wages are absolutely insane.  As good as Keita is, he's not worth more than double Draxler's fee.  That is crazy.  Draxler is on the cusp of world-class in terms of talent, he'd be sensational for us.  Tough to see how we fit him in with Mane/Salah on the wings but he's so good you'd make it work.  Maybe give him a try as a false 9, I could see him being great there, or in the Lallana role.  Either way he plays a lot of the same positions as Coutinho so it will inevitably be seen as a sign that Philippe is off, but I'd take a chance on him for £40m for sure.  Gives us a great depth option at the very least and possibly much more.

• Upvote 2

Koeman doesn't stay at clubs long. Klopp has a project and is building something. The moment he starts playing politics in the media is the moment he starts damaging his credibility with the players.

• Upvote 1

It's absolutely this.

Draxler is a great player, one that I'd be a bit nervous having at Liverpool because I once posted on here that of all the "next Gerrards, he's the one that I watch and immediately think 'yeah, I can see that'" and that quote would come back to haunt me whenever he has a poor game.

But his career is at a point where we could get a real bargain if we move quickly. He was obviously brilliant at Schalke, but then chose the money at Wolfsburg in a strange move for all involved. Didn't work, then he goes to PSG and starts to really flourish. Then comes Neymar and it's back to the drawing board.

If the rumoured price of £30-35m is true, I guarantee that Klopp will want to bid. I just don't think there's any way he goes for that, not unless his wages are absolutely insane. As good as Keita is, he's not worth more than double Draxler's fee. That is crazy. Draxler is on the cusp of world-class in terms of talent, he'd be sensational for us. Tough to see how we fit him in with Mane/Salah on the wings but he's so good you'd make it work. Maybe give him a try as a false 9, I could see him being great there, or in the Lallana role. Either way he plays a lot of the same positions as Coutinho so it will inevitably be seen as a sign that Philippe is off, but I'd take a chance on him for £40m for sure. Gives us a great depth option at the very least and possibly much more.

Arsenal

Koeman doesn't stay at clubs long. Klopp has a project and is building something. The moment he starts playing politics in the media is the moment he starts damaging his credibility with the players.

So how well do you think the club have backed him in his building to date?

My hatred for FSG, their incompetent appointments and overly rigid wage structure are known. What do you think?

And that was my point about Klopps comments in comparison to those of a manager who knows he has the backing and support of those he works for.

Arsenal consider fresh approach for Julian Draxler

Gary Jacob
August 17 2017, 5:00pm, 
The Times

Arsenal are considering renewing their long-standing interest in Julian Draxler after Paris Saint-Germain today decided that the winger is surplus to requirements following the arrival of Neymar.

The north London club have attempted to sign him several times, including last summer, and have been told that the French club want around £32 million to complete a deal this summer.

The Germany player joined Paris Saint-Germain on a four-and-a-half-year contract just seven months ago for £35.5 million from Wolfsburg.

Inter Milan and Borussia Dortmund have expressed an interest, with the Bundesliga club facing the possibility of losing Ousmane Dembele to Barcelona. Draxler’s wages, worth about £90,000 a week, could be a problem for both of those clubs.

Draxler, 23, started his career at Schalke and was part of Germany’s 2014 World Cup winning squad. He was named captain of an inexperienced Germany squad that lifted the 2017 Confederations Cup last month and he was awarded the Golden Ball trophy as best player of the tournament.

Paris Saint-Germain signed Neymar for £199 million and are now attempting to trim the squad. Blaise Matuidi has agreed an £18 million move to Juventus and other players are set to follow.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/arsenal-consider-fresh-approach-for-draxler-c96jd3m6k

Alternatives to Naby Keïta, of RB Leipzig, are being considered. (Paul Joyce)

Liverpool have downplayed suggestions of an interest in Nice’s Jean Michael Seri. (Paul Joyce)

Liverpool remain interested in Virgil Van Dijk but Southampton maintain that he will not be sold. (Paul Joyce)

Coutinho will again miss Saturday’s game & presumably Hoffenheim next Wednesday, but Klopp said his back problem was genuine. (Paul Joyce)