You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

In an exclusive interview with ESPN Brasil, Diego Costa has admitted that Atletico Madrid are not close to meeting Chelsea's valuation despite weeks of negotiations, and he knows he will have to change his plans if the Blues refuse to compromise.

"I've demonstrated I care for Atletico and have interest in playing for them," he said.

"But if Atletico and Chelsea don't come to an agreement and Atletico don't make a big effort, I can't keep on wanting to play for a club that isn't going to make a bigger effort to try and sign me.

"I know that this [big effort] will happen, but if it's to pay the amount that Chelsea want it won't be possible.

"What I know is that this offer Chelsea will get is bigger than what they paid [when they signed Costa from Atletico for £32 million in July 2014], so I've given them something back in all senses [sporting and financial]."

What I wouldn't give to have Sturridge fucked off and this chap in.   

His attitude right now means fuck all because the moment he steps on the pitch he'd murder a hoard of children just to win a game. He'd drag some of our soft arses up a notch and get 20 goals. How anyone could down play that transfer is beyond me. Will never happen, probably more chance of going to the blue shite on loan.

His attitude right now means fuck all because the moment he steps on the pitch he'd murder a hoard of children just to win a game. He'd drag some of our soft arses up a notch and get 20 goals. How anyone could down play that transfer is beyond me. Will never happen, probably more chance of going to the blue shite on loan.

That's the good side of Costa, and if it could be that, and only that, we'd be mad not to want him. It's all conjecture, but I would imagine he'd fall out with Klopp quite quickly. The fella is a nark, and while that's OK when it's working for you, I could see him disrupting things and falling out with the manager.

• Upvote 2

Why is it a good thing to have "cunts" in our team? "We need cunts" is the weirdest sentence I've seen written on here related to football.

We need talented footballers, whether they're snide or not, I don't know why anyone gives a shit, but I'd rather they were decent people as well. If by "cunts" people mean "competitive" or players who dive, we've already got plenty of those.

• Upvote 1

Utter bollocks mate, he is a winner they are what we need more of and the fact he is a cunt is something else we lack...

No he is a cunt. Not a winner. Gerrard, Alonso, Kenny, Carragher, Lampard, Scholes, Giggs, Henry, are winners.

He is a cunt. They are not the same thing. 

I get what you are saying - but he is too far a cunt. 

Suarez was an utter cunt, still love him

Nowhere near Costa level though! 

I don't think we are being biased there - but he was a far way from being as bad as Costa. And still, he did cause us shit. I don't think you'll get Costa reacting to a transfer request the same way that Luis did. 

Haha Lampard isn't a cunt haha

haha I know - but he is a winner. 

I think Keane, Souness, Suarez are cunts. But Costa is just far more of one, too far for me. #

We have no intelligence at all - look at that chance in the first half on Tuesday! Lovren gives a free kick away and they take a quick one to the far post were Moreno is up against a 6ft plus attacker and there is a huge gap where Lovren should have been!

It is basic arseyness - stand on the fucking ball, kick it away, delay it. Not us, go on take a quick one whilst we are out of position. 

Too nice, yes, too naive. But Costa is too much. 

If people want cunts in the team, that's ok. Just dont be surprised and indignant when the cunts start acting like cunts off the field too.

Never bothered us with Luis once he got back on the field. I think you're overlooking what is a given and that people want snide bastards but talented ones. Nobody looks at Lee Catermole and thinks "we need a bit of that" but I'd break Alfie Inge Haalands good leg to get a reannimated Roy Keane in the side.

• Upvote 2

Southampton fans? 

Nah. Suarez, him who went to chelsea and coutinho

Never bothered us with Luis once he got back on the field. I think you're overlooking what is a given and that people want snide bastards but talented ones. Nobody looks at Lee Catermole and thinks "we need a bit of that" but I'd break Alfie Inge Haalands good leg to get a reannimated Roy Keane in the side.

Didnt bother us once he got on the field? look, I thought he was great here but how many 10 game (or thereabouts) suspension did he have with us? Two. If we had say costa here and he missed the best part of 20 games in 2 suspension, Id be surprised if people said they werent bothered.

I'd settle for a player moaning at our players! if Can tries to be smart - bollock him, if Lovren loses concentration - bollock him, if Henderson gets caught out of position - bollock him, if Moreno fucks up - bollock him, if Mignolet shits out - bollock him! 

The whole team is too nice and too timid. 

I'm convinced that if I played for this team, just to moan and kick people. I'd improve it!