You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Trent Alexander Arnold

Arl arse

• 5 months later...
11 minutes ago, No2 said:

I thought he looked a lot sharper tonight, he was zipping balls through to the forwards. It was Mo and Bobby that were letting those passes slip by. He's still miles off it but tonight was an improvement. 

You defo saw a different match than me. For me he was as bad as he has been for a long time. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, No2 said:

I thought he looked a lot sharper tonight, he was zipping balls through to the forwards. It was Mo and Bobby that were letting those passes slip by. He's still miles off it but tonight was an improvement. 

Agreed. I thought he was playing pretty well in the first half up until he messed up for the third goal. There seemed to be a lot more care with his overall passing and a couple of the balls he played for Mo would have produced goals had Mo been in any sort of form. The second half was rather hit and miss though and he was back to misplacing passes or trying to force things that never really looked on. He still managed a lovely cross near the end, though; unfortunately no one in the middle really seemed to react to it.

2 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Take the shackles off and play him in midfield. He's got more pace and creativity than anyone else we have who could play there.

Hopefully this phantom Aberdeen right back kid can actually show his face and prove to be a solid defender.

Yeah there is a case for him at RM alongside Thiago, if he can’t be bothered tracking back, even having Gomez at RB provides more cover on the right. Pressing is so important though. Still gotta be able to tackle.

4 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

He's lazy, doesn't track back, doesn't stay with his man, just hits blind hollywood passes which go nowhere and honestly looks like he can't be arsed anymore. He's not even doing the basics anymore. 

Imagine adding him to midfield.  People already walk past Fabinho, Henderson, Milner as it is.  If he won’t track or run at right back…

We should have bought a good enough right back in the summer so we could have at least dropped Trent for a while.  We’ve two liabilities either side of the centre backs you need look no further than the Madrid game.  The fact we still play Robertson at near any and every opportunity despite having a better left back at the club only compounds the issue.

8 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Take the shackles off and play him in midfield. He's got more pace and creativity than anyone else we have who could play there.

Take the shackles off? What shackles? The only shackles he has right now are the ones he has put on himself in the summer.

He is lazy, showing a dismal attitude, leaves runners go past him, doesn't track back, gives the ball straight to the opposition, keeps trying hollywood passes and shrugs when they don't come off. The list goes on.

Those things will only double if we put him in midfield with him taking even less responsibility. He needs a good kick up the backside not moving to midfield!

I hope he continues to be shite and doesn’t make the WC squad for those flag shagging twats.

He’s played like a cunt this season and doesn’t look bothered at all, morphed into Dele Alli.

It’s almost like he’s completed the set at 23 and that’s it, seems to have lost his hunger, a few of them need a big push, I still think him and alot of players are suffering the hangover of last season, nearly winning the two big ones and coming so close again, mentally it’s affected quite a few.

This needs to be fixed though and fast, it’s not on, I can accept us getting beaten but giving up and showing no desire I can’t.