You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bournemouth (A) - 1:30pm, 04/12/16 - Get the Cherries pitted.

Trumo

The crux of it is we look dreadful with a few injuries.  Shambolic defence without Matip and no creativity without Coutinho, granted Firmino was obviously still struggling too.

The only surprising part of today;s result after watching the performance was the three goals we managed to score despite not clicking in attack all game, constantly giving the ball away or stupidly crossing into a crowded box.   We're quite lucky Bournemouth sat back and let us have the ball for the majority of the game since they looked like scoring everytime they went forward second half,

Guest Pistonbroke

I didn't say he was a bad player, I said he was overrated.  

Being one of our best players this season does not = overrated when rating a player based on our squad mate. 

It really is the hope that kills you isn't it?

Even as a 'non believer' i do find my mind drifting off and thinking 'maybe, just maybe' and the longer we have momentum the more frequent those thoughts of maybe start to come....

Then we do what we do so often and reality is a bitch, and it burns like fuck...klopp needs to fuck them hard for their shite attitude today.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Been one of the top attackers in the league -- other than that though he is a bit shit...

We shan't let performances cloud our judgement. 

Klopp saying we stopped trying to play football at 2-0.. 22 minutes in. If that's the case then he deserves some beef too for letting it carry on.

Still, before today we had the best defence in Europe and we were scoring goals for fun. One defeat and we're back to calling them all spineless and blaming Rodgers again. We're a good side, injuries and bad mistakes cost us. We were always going to drop points at some point this month. Hopefully this serves as a kick up the arse for the rest of this bust period.

What?

OK - Who is he over rated by? By the press? By Klopp? By posters on this board?

I've no idea how Klopp rates him in relation to everyone else.  On this board, I think his inconsistencies are overlooked and his sometimes average contribution magnified.  You know, the sort of thing I'm accused of with Lallana,  

Some massive overraction here. People talking about just hanging on for fourth? WTF!?

Yes, a game we should never have lost. Origi tap in followed by Mane's and Origi's fine strikes would have finished them off in the first half. But, with 12 minutes or so left in the first half we coasted. The pen claim that wasnt given (I thought it was) gave them some anger to hold onto.

Ten minutes into the second half and we're still coasting only to give away a pen. This time I didnt think it was because Milner clearly played the ball. He didnt go through the player and the player wouldnt have got the ball as it was goin out for a corner.

Can's fine strike restored the superiority but we seemed to take our foot off the gas again.

Now, Im not a defender but why is it for their second,the defenders seem more intent on racing into the box than actually looking where the fucking man and the ball is? There's no fucking challenge on the man with the ball and everyone's rushing headlong back into the box, they cant adjust their position when the ball is played inches behind them?

What's the fucking rush to get into space and not intercept the ball?

Even the 3rd goal is comedy fucking defending, no one has a cool head. And Im sorry but that performance from Karius has been coming. He was poor on the 2nd and the 4th is even worse. If mignolet had of put that goalkick out for a corner and spooned the ball for the winner today, he'd have been panned on here and rightly so. Just because Karius is young \ new to the PL is no excuse.

I dont think this defeat derails a title challenge as some say and if you do want to throw the towel in, give yourself a slap.

What was Matip's injury, is it likely to keep him out for a couple of games?

Just a word about bobby firmino. The lad looked fucked today and maybe the events in Columbia weighed heavy on him. He honestly didnt look fully fit to me. But he did a job today and put a shift in even if it wasnt a great performance. Unlike sturridge who cries off with every fucking little strain.

Result aside, overall, I thought it was a good performance today. Oh, and that cunt on the bournemouth bench refusing to shake Klopp's hand, fuck off and stick your head up your arse you fucking quim.

Does he play karius next week? He will have no complaints given is performance today. However,Mignolet isn't exactly a great option is he? Matip HAS to play and we need to start learning to close out games by sitting in. The 2nd goal came from us losing it at the edge of their box!

Does he play karius next week? He will have no complaints given is performance today. However,Mignolet isn't exactly a great option is he? Matip HAS to play and we need to start learning to close out games by sitting in. The 2nd goal came from us losing it at the edge of their box!

We don't have the players to do it. We can only play one way. I was crying out for a controlling midfielder in the summer, precisely for this type of situations.

What the fuck was that?

Complacency? Over-confidence?

Whatever you want to call it, it's clear that we still have big issues regards our mentality and our defence. Weak as fuck when the pressure is on.

I'd be saying to pull Karius out of the side but considering his replacement would be the equally calamitous Mignolet who couldn't save a shot even if his life depended on it...like swapping a steaming dog turd for a dry white one...

Guest Pistonbroke

I have a feeling he will stick with Karius as he is his signing and Mingolet is just as bad. I don't care about how good/bad Klavan is, he is a natural CB and would see things/position himself better than Lucas should Matip still be out. 

We are going to pin WH against a wall though and bum them badly 7-3.

Result aside, overall, I thought it was a good performance today.

It really wasn't...we knocked it around nicely without creating a lot but we took two chances in first half well and then decided to coast/showboat.

They outfought us and outmuscled us in 2nd half but our little bit of pace set Can up for a nice finish to what should have killed it...but once Mane left the park all of our directness and pace in attack was gone and they just continued to walk through us and ultimately exposed our keeper and defences frailties whilst we resorted to slinging the ball hopefully into a crowded box due to running out of ideas and having no creative threat on the park.

We had 3 shots on target all day which ok we scored with...but i thought we were complacent and then when we needed to scrap we didn't have the bollocks for it.

So no - for me we didn't play well