You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bournemouth (A) - 1:30pm, 04/12/16 - Get the Cherries pitted.

Trumo

The difference between posting when we have played really well and won compared to when we lose is just ridiculous though. This season we have seen less of it, as thank God we have been winning more games and before today we had only lost once. You watch all the negative posts come out now over the next week. I'm not against people posting criticism as that performance today deserves it. I am against the OTT criticism/slash wrists/we are all of a sudden shit though. Especially after the run we have been on with what many thought would be a top 6 finish squad at best.

Shit happens, plus realistically speaking we have been punching above our weight and have beaten or drawn with all of our main rivals. A loss was always on the horizon somewhere, it's now down to how we react and come back from this blip. In a way it will hopefully lead to us dipping in the old piggy bank to strengthen the squad in January.

We are still well placed in the league and have a few players to come back in. We are still going to miss Coutinho though as it enables Bobby to play up top and they both keep defenders that busy they can't break on us as much, especially with mane on the other wing.

I'm going to have a nice cup of tea now and try to get rid of this gutted feeling. I fucking hate football at times.

me too..

but you are right we have overachieved and whilst it is great it set us up for the fall.

one of the reasons i myself post less when we are winning games is because i just don't believe in us (sorry, jurgen i am not a believer) and i don't believe for all the reasons i have already mentioned.

give them credit when they win and get a decent result but it is so hard to get over excited and start thinking we are gonna do this and that because we always shit it in the end - we have to address the stength of the mind and bodies of our players and until we do they will keep coming up short....whatever team with so called title aspirations don't have a proper reliable fit wanting to play striker for example?..or play a slow, small, weak dm at centre half as soon as we get a knock back there...only so long can Klopp polish the turd.

none of which in my view were properly addressed in the summer.....watching us improve and over achieve so far has been pleasant but underneath it all the weaknesses have been just waiting to trip us up and today is the first....sadly it won't be the last and for me the next fall is literally around the corner as we try and win games without cou, without mane in jan and of course whatever other shite cards injuries deal us in coming weeks..

Very concerning how much we where bullied off the ball in that second half too.

I don't think we were bullied. We thought the game was sown up. Bought into the hype too much but hopefully it grounds a few of the players that played and means Klopp serves a few of them with a right volley.

Guest Pistonbroke

We need to have Lallana playing in the middle in order to join the midfield and attack.  Origi and Firmino are overrated, but they will both benefit from a quicker more incisive ball into feet.  

Henderson is poor, with a coward's mentality.  

Behave. 

we've got to find another CB.

We should have done that in the summer.

The fucking brains trust who claimed we didn't need squad depth because we weren't in Europe.

Squad depth is about competition for places and keeping everyone on their toes, not about having enough players for 60 games a season.

That's on Klopp. He's comfortable with Lucas as cb back-up and Milner as left back with Moreno as back-up.

Yep another chance for us to return a net profit in a transfer window.

I'm sure we will. It seems Sakho will be sold next month, and I doubt he will be replaced. Klopp is comfortable with Lucas as back-up, I'm not.

Very disappointing to lose in that manner. Matip can't come back soon enough. God forbid should he have a few weeks out with injury.

We should have done that in the summer.

That's on Klopp. He's comfortable with Lucas as cb back-up and Milner as left back with Moreno as back-up.

I'm sure we will. It seems Sakho will be sold next month, and I doubt he will be replaced. Klopp is comfortable with Lucas as back-up, I'm not.

Very disappointing to lose in that manner. Matip can't come back soon enough. God forbid should he have a few weeks out with injury.

there is something seriously wrong if klopp really honestly does think lucas is acceptable centre half back up - afobe made him look like a ragdoll today....

afobe...

We absolutely threw that away. It was like Southampton away last year, or Palace away a couple of years ago, or Leeds away when Viduka scored 4. We lost a 2-0 lead in all those games.

In the first half, we didn't create an abundance of chances but we were well on top. Bournemouth couldn't get out of their own half. Origi should have scored a tap in. Mane then raced through to beat the keeper, before Origi quickly doubled our advantage with a well taken finish after rounding the keeper. Bournemouth claimed a penalty against FIrmino but I think the play was already on his way down before any contact was made. We just needed to make sure we didn't let Bournemouth start the second half on the front foot.

We fucked that part up big time. A defensive error from Lovren allowed them to win a penalty after Milner's challenge. They were in the ascendancy now and we need to stem the flow. Can putting us 3-1 should have done that but we still kept allowing ourselves to get pinned back. Two goals in quick succession suddenly made this very nervy. Then of course we let them get a winner.

There is no hiding from being 2-0 up and cruising at half time, and then 3-1 up with time to take the sting out of the opposition, only to end up losing it.

I think we allowed an air of complacency to creep into our game. We aren't at that stage yet and we haven't proved anything so there is no justification for it. Klopp also needs to figure out why the team disappeared in that second half. It's not the first time that's happened under him either, as apart from Saints away last year, there's also the Europa League final.

Oh, and these cunts broke my run!

Klopp saying we stopped trying to play football at 2-0.. 22 minutes in. If that's the case then he deserves some beef too for letting it carry on. 

Still, before today we had the best defence in Europe and we were scoring goals for fun. One defeat and we're back to calling them all spineless and blaming Rodgers again. We're a good side, injuries and bad mistakes cost us. We were always going to drop points at some point this month. Hopefully this serves as a kick up the arse for the rest of this bust period. 

lots of chickens came home to roost today:

- you spend £5m on a 2nd rate keeper who doesn't look good enough to be our back -up

- you play a wide midfielder as a left back who hasn't got natural defensive instincts and left us exposed in the 2nd half (if Moreno did that)

- you sign a 2nd rate centre half for £5m, so end up playing a slowing Lucas as 1st back up

- you keep faith with Lovren, who has a  goal scoring mistake in him every game

- you don't sign a proper defensive midfielder so you get the calamity of their 2nd goal with Henderson falling over and the inability to close matches out

- all the above means we still have a ridiculously soft centre  - as with 13-14, most of the time we will get away with it, but we will never win the league with this.

• Upvote 1

Klopp saying we stopped trying to play football at 2-0.. 22 minutes in. If that's the case then he deserves some beef too for letting it carry on.

Still, before today we had the best defence in Europe and we were scoring goals for fun. One defeat and we're back to calling them all spineless and blaming Rodgers again. We're a good side, injuries and bad mistakes cost us. We were always going to drop points at some point this month. Hopefully this serves as a kick up the arse for the rest of this bust period.

injuries only cost us if we don't have adequate back up..we don't have adequate back up because we were too busy turning a profit in the transfer market this summer..

Our performances have dipped over the last few weeks despite picking up points so perhaps not a completely unexpected loss? It's just the manner I didn't expect.

I've had a nagging doubt for the last couple of weeks that due to our limited squad depth we could be at the high point of the season already with the remainder being a decline down to 6th place. Today just brings that a step closer.

Klopp might well have underestimated the demands of the Premiership with this squad. 

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

He is, imo.  He has far more games like today than the other type.  You know, good ones.

He's been one of our best players all season, but like you say, it is all down to opinions.