You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The biggest gamble of the FSG reign ?

withnail71

While two finals and some good signs were there to see last season, the truth is we are at the start of Klopp's time with us. He is currently having his first preseason to train the players and he has brought 7 new players in, and shipped a few out with more to follow.

I'm willing to see what he can do at Liverpool. He's not afraid to spend money, but his style is not to spend just for the sake of it. He sees the quality the player has first and foremost, rather than the price tag. It will be interesting to see if Klavan does a good job for us, at around and eighth of the cost of some of the duff centre backs other teams have bought, for example.

We don't spend the most money in the market as we are not able to do that. The teams that can do it are either Sheikh/Oligarch teams, or a team like Man Utd, who have enjoyed two decades of success in the moneyed Sky era. But that doesn't mean we are paupers. Klopp has been and will be backed in the market. If this summer ends up being around break even, in terms of money spent and money brought in, then that tells me two things.

1. The squad was bloated and we had a number of players who were more valuable to Liverpool being sold, rather than being retained.

2. We should still have money to spend in future. Perhaps we have identified one or two e.g. Dahoud, who for whatever reason can't/won't come here at this stage.

I can be patient and let Klopp do his work.

Ive read number two every single window under FSG.

We'll have a hell of a warchest some day if that's true.

The full back situation is concerning me TBH.  

Klopp must've seen that LB is a concern, and RB we have nothing other than Clyne.

Talk of Milner at LB?  That is disgusting if true.  I don't give a fuck about what our net spend is as long as the problem areas are dealt with

Keeper? Check Karius

CB? Check Matip and Klavan

CM? Arguable with Grujic but still need re-reinforcements

LB? NOPENOPENOPENOPENOPE

We are the 5th biggest spenders in the premier league over the last 5 years, the problem is not the amount available it is the fact we have sold our best players and invested the money on players who are not the required standard and were over priced. FSG are not the best owners in the world to say the least but when you give a tranfer commitee which seems clueless the keys to the sweet shop there is no guarantee they will go for the ferrero rocher... ours went for the chomps instead!!

The full back situation is concerning me TBH.  

Klopp must've seen that LB is a concern, and RB we have nothing other than Clyne.

Talk of Milner at LB?  That is disgusting if true.  I don't give a fuck about what our net spend is as long as the problem areas are dealt with

Keeper? Check Karius

CB? Check Matip and Klavan

CM? Arguable with Grujic but still need re-reinforcements

LB? NOPENOPENOPENOPENOPE

We had one of the poorest, softest, most ineffectual, non goal scoring, non tackling, collection of mid table midfielders and we've signed a 20 year old from the Serbian league to rectify the problem. 

Our central midfield was fucking shit, and it still is.

• Upvote 2

We are the 5th biggest spenders in the premier league over the last 5 years, the problem is not the amount available it is the fact we have sold our best players and invested the money on players who are not the required standard and were over priced. FSG are not the best owners in the world to say the least but when you give a tranfer commitee which seems clueless the keys to the sweet shop there is no guarantee they will go for the ferrero rocher... ours went for the chomps instead!!

"How much are the Ferrero Rocher?"

"£6, sir"

"I'll give you £5.50 for a Chomp"

"Er, ok"

"Yes! Moneyball!"

• Upvote 1

Normally an investment company like FSG have a get out target date, when do we think that might be. Personally I thought this year but with the main stand expansion and the increased TV money now I think they may stick around for a while longer. Not sure what the offer would need to be for them to consider selling.

Klopp's hardly attracting the cream of european football either. the one star he wanted didn't want to come.

Not his fault that the fannies he inherited bottled it when it mattered. The fact we even got near two finals was a minor miracle in itself. I am also not arsed about Klopp signing 'big names' as its not his M.O. His methods revolve around him creating those big names from lesser buys.

Don't panic Ethel.

Some fans will always say FSG arent spending enough. Hell, if abramovich owned the club some people would say he wasnt spending enough.

Its going to take Klopp more than one summer window to build his squad and team. I dont get why all a sudden people are now expecting everything to be in place by the time this window closes.

A new LB would be good but it looks like that chilwell at leicester just used our interest in him to nail a new deal with them. When did anyone hear him saying he wanted a move to Liverpool? I never did.

Im sure Klopp knows moreno isnt the answer at LB but he knows he can only do so much in this window.

Personally, I dont want the club to be spunking £75m on higuain or £100m on pogba even if we could afford it. Id rather we built a team based on players who want to be here and not just because they see themselves as world football's next biggest superstar.

Yeah there's a bit of realism in that I know we're unlikely to win the title never mind the champions league doing that but, if Liverpool only ever exist to spunk £75m on a 29 year, I think that's the day I'll be finished with football.

• Upvote 2

Guest Numero Veinticinco

We had one of the poorest, softest, most ineffectual, non goal scoring, non tackling, collection of mid table midfielders and we've signed a 20 year old from the Serbian league to rectify the problem.

Our central midfield was fucking shit, and it still is.

It has been fucking shit for a very, very long time. That said, we signed more than just a kid.

I've been saying we need two DMs for about 8 years, and we still need them. Somebody at the club must fucking hate DMs

The biggest gamble of the FSG reign so far was to do away with all relevant experience at every level and entrust their asset with people who make decisions by spreadsheets and databases. Such things should be used to aide an existing core of knowledge and experience, not replace it.

WE should and MUST sell Sakho and Sturridge. NOW!

We can’t afford these idiots spoiling our chances for glory.

When Lucas goes we'll have a completely FSG squad to judge. Coaching staff too probably. Big year.

Big year. Small cocks. What do you reckon?