You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - shitcoat to Utd.

Shucks Howie, I think you might be confusing me with someone else, someone clever. Probably Jermain Pennant, people often just read the 'J' at the start and skim read the rest of the name. Me Mam won't answer the phone to me because she thinks I'm Jehovah's Witnesses.

• Upvote 1

Angry Jose Mourinho has stopped talking to Manchester United's own TV channel

The Special One won't do pre- and post-match interviews after falling out with MUTV presenter Stewart Gardner over awkward questions about the Reds’ results

Jose Mourinho is refusing to speak to Manchester United’s in-house television station MUTV.

I can reveal manager Mourinho has withdrawn co-operation for pre- and post-match interviews after falling out with MUTV presenter and commentator Stewart Gardner.

The Special One took exception to questions from Gardner following the 1-1 with West Ham at Old Trafford on November 27 – their fourth home draw in a sequence of disappointing Premier League results.

I understand Mourinho was unhappy with being quizzed on the club’s own TV channel about United’s stuttering league form and made his feelings known to Gardner and the club’s media team after the match.

And for the three games which have since followed - against West Ham in the EFL Cup, the Premier League draw away to Everton and the Europa League win at Zorya Luhansk in Odessa – he has refused to take questions from Gardner.

United insiders believe Mourinho has over-reacted in this instance, frustrated at a damaging run of five draws which have seen his stars lose touch with the title-chasing pack.

Many will point to the spat as more evidence that the 53-year-old is feeling the heat at Old Trafford as he struggles to turn United back into a trophy-winning club.

But it’s not the first time Mourinho has clashed with TV reporters.

While manager at Chelsea, he fell out with the club’s own in-house station Chelsea TV and had spells where he refused to speak to them if he felt he was being criticised unfairly.

He’s in good company at United — former boss Sir Alex Ferguson also on occasions refused to co-operate with MUTV.

The subscription channel is available worldwide and is more of a commercial operation than Chelsea TV.

As such former players including David May, Lou Macari and Mickey Thomas act as pundits – and criticism doesn’t always go down well with managers.

Gardner is a respected figure at Old Trafford, having joined MUTV from the BBC in 2007.

He worked with Ferguson on matchdays and has subsequently dealt with the Scot's successors Louis van Gaal and David Moyes, and staff praise his professionalism and diplomacy.

I understand United's head of communications Phil Townsend has not yet been asked to mediate in the dispute, but sources at the club hope the matter will be resolved soon.

An insider said: “It’s felt the manager has overreacted on this occasion and that’s why he’s refusing to speak with Stewart Gardner.

“The presenters and commentators have to tread a fine line between stating what’s clearly obvious if the team isn’t winning games, but not upsetting the manager or coaching staff.

“Sometimes that’s not always possible and inevitably there will be difficult moments like the present situation. Hopefully it will be resolved very soon.”

United declined to comment.

Guest Pistonbroke

I reckon more pain coming Shit Coats way today. Hopefully a draw with Kane doing his fetlock in and Pogba wanting an extended holiday period and getting red. I can see Spurs winning though. 

Guest Pistonbroke

They'll smash Spurs today unfortunately. Spurs will bottle it as per usual. Hopefully jinxed the fuckers and a draw is on the cards.

Last 8 games between them,

Man U 2 wins. 3 draws. Spurs 3 wins.  

I don't think either of these teams are finishing in the top 4 but more dropped points at home for United and that's pretty much the coup de grace for their chances.

Either way it shouldn't affect us too much as we shouldn't be in a race with either of them so it'll be nice to just sit and watch and hope for as much damage as possible to both.

• 1 month later...

Apparently in his Hull post-match interview was crying that he's being singled out because one manager yesterday had a go at the fourth official and was told it was amusing, but he gets told to go to the stands....

The little twat.

Apparently in his Hull post-match interview was crying that he's being singled out because one manager yesterday had a go at the fourth official and was told it was amusing, but he gets told to go to the stands....

The little twat.

Said to my mate tonight, that the dickhead would mention Klopp and the 4th official.

Difference being joseph, That Klopp didnt swear and abuse the official unlike yourself.

The little twat.

Really? Any chance to have a dig!  He is so miserable to watch nowadays, was mildly amusing when he first went to Chelsea.

Even Lineker made a joke on the cup game the other day after his pre match  interview and said sarcastically "happy chappy isn't he"

• Upvote 1