You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - shitcoat to Utd.

I don't think they will. They're still four points behind despite us having a diabolical run of form. They also have the joys of Thursday night football and two other competitions to keep them occupied.

More importantly, for a few reasons - our first choice XI being fit and available again and playing just one game a week  -  I think we'll improve drastically in the coming weeks.

I hope your right.

But then do I? I dont know anymore, once upon a time the thought of not being in the champions league was demoralising- now I worry we would not cope with it and we certainly couldnt win the title whilst competing in it.

Which is why this year we had such high hopes- our attempts at rotation this year have been awful- mixture of lack of quality and odd team selections- champions league would really test Klopp, the owners and the fans.

With the massive TV money maybe the financial advantage of being in the champions league has diminished    

I hope your right.

But then do I? I dont know anymore, once upon a time the thought of not being in the champions league was demoralising- now I worry we would not cope with it and we certainly couldnt win the title whilst competing in it.

Which is why this year we had such high hopes- our attempts at rotation this year have been awful- mixture of lack of quality and odd team selections- champions league would really test Klopp, the owners and the fans.

With the massive TV money maybe the financial advantage of being in the champions league has diminished    

Same as yourself, I've reservations about us being in Europe and what that will mean domestically. Chances are we'll spread ourselves too thin and things probably won't end too well.

• Upvote 1

But I thought the Utd faithful had that new fantastic song about Jose that ironically got an airing against Hull last week....(in a game that lost )

"Woke up this morning feeling fine

Got Man Utd on my mind

Jose's got us playing the way Utd should

Something tells me I'm into something good"

Delusional cunts.

Fucking hell how cringeworthy is that

Is nobody getting the feeling that Klopp is simply testing our limitations? 

• Rotates the back four a lot 
  • Changes GK depending on confidence levels
  • Plays a high percentage of kids in the cups
  • Tries Firmino through the middle
  • Tries Origi as a lone striker, drops Studge a lot
  • Injuries have helped understand the importance of key players

Personally, I think this season has been highly educational and albeit successful from the previous. We're quite easily led to look at the false positives rather than the glaring negatives and hopefully, we can iron those out in the summer. 

That's why we brought in Klopp, right? 

• Upvote 1

There is absolutely no way our current squad could handle Europe on top of the domestic stuff - this season proves that as it couldn't handle just the domestic stuff fully.

There is also in my view absolutely no way we will add enough to it to be able to handle it next season 1. we won't want to spend what it takes 2. it needs too much to all work properly in one summer anyway

The slow progress at addressing the squads issues has and will continue to bite us in the arse

United not making the Champions League would be a disaster for them. I genuinely think that they would lose De Gea to Real Madrid, as I can't see him wanting to stay on there. It would also put a huge amount of pressure on shitcoat, as it would have to go down as a very bad failure not being able to take a team of their quality into the Champions League. Should City miss out, then it is similar for them also.

I think that we need about another 5-6 quality players - pretty much all to go in to the first team. Lads like Can and Lovren are good bench/squad players but that's it. I'm liking some of the young lads especially Ejaria and Woodburn. I think that lad McCauley could be good in 2-3 years time and Masterson might be decent. However, the 5-6 who could (very big could) make it are unlikely to be good enough next season. Champions League would seriously test our current squad, so I would be worried unless we seriously get our shit together in the summer.

In terms of this season, I think there really is no excuse us not making top 4. All the other teams bar Chelsea have a busy schedule while our lads have plenty of time to get full use out of their Nivea gift packs in between games. I expect us to go on a little winning run and come 3rd or 4th.

the thought of not being in the champions league was demoralising- now I worry we would not cope with it and we certainly couldnt win the title whilst competing in it.

Remove Leicester from your mind pal, it has poisoned you - there is no way to build a team that can win the title and not be in the Champions League.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

There is absolutely no way our current squad could handle Europe on top of the domestic stuff - this season proves that as it couldn't handle just the domestic stuff fully.

There is also in my view absolutely no way we will add enough to it to be able to handle it next season 1. we won't want to spend what it takes 2. it needs too much to all work properly in one summer anyway

The slow progress at addressing the squads issues has and will continue to bite us in the arse

It'll be good for this place and Dave, it would be dead on here if the majority had fuck all to moan about. 

United not making the Champions League would be a disaster for them. I genuinely think that they would lose De Gea to Real Madrid, as I can't see him wanting to stay on there. It would also put a huge amount of pressure on shitcoat, as it would have to go down as a very bad failure not being able to take a team of their quality into the Champions League. Should City miss out, then it is similar for them also.

I think that we need about another 5-6 quality players - pretty much all to go in to the first team. Lads like Can and Lovren are good bench/squad players but that's it. I'm liking some of the young lads especially Ejaria and Woodburn. I think that lad McCauley could be good in 2-3 years time and Masterson might be decent. However, the 5-6 who could (very big could) make it are unlikely to be good enough next season. Champions League would seriously test our current squad, so I would be worried unless we seriously get our shit together in the summer.

In terms of this season, I think there really is no excuse us not making top 4. All the other teams bar Chelsea have a busy schedule while our lads have plenty of time to get full use out of their Nivea gift packs in between games. I expect us to go on a little winning run and come 3rd or 4th.

We will have one of them infamous "champions league shopping lists" drawn up before we've actually qualified.

Whatever happens it cannot be as bad as our last champions league spending spree      

But I thought the Utd faithful had that new fantastic song about Jose that ironically got an airing against Hull last week....(in a game that lost )

"Woke up this morning feeling fine

Got Man Utd on my mind

Jose's got us playing the way Utd should

Something tells me I'm into something good"

Delusional cunts.

That's just made me feel bilious.

What a cuntish and embarrassing shower...

Agree current squad obviously not good enough to compete in CL and league at same time. We need some good signings in the summer to add quality and depth. 

Centre Back - first choice to partner Matip

Left Back - would have to be very good to displace Milner, mind

Midfielder - looking at Kante the other night showed us what we were missing

Winger - too big of a drop off if Mane is out

Striker - someone more reliable than Sturridge

That's five good signings required.

It will be interesting to see how much business we do in the summer. Right now everyone is jaded and cynical about our prospects on that, but it's understandable. 

• Upvote 1

Agree current squad obviously not good enough to compete in CL and league at same time. We need some good signings in the summer to add quality and depth. 

Centre Back - first choice to partner Matip

Left Back - would have to be very good to displace Milner, mind

Midfielder - looking at Kante the other night showed us what we were missing

Winger - too big of a drop off if Mane is out

Striker - someone more reliable than Sturridge

That's five good signings required.

It will be interesting to see how much business we do in the summer. Right now everyone is jaded and cynical about our prospects on that, but it's understandable. 

We will be busy in the summer . Klopp will have a very clear idea now of the strengths and weaknesses , Pity we couldn't have got one or two in last month but if you have specific requirement  ( which I am sure Klopp does) January generally isn't the time to get good players to move clubs unless they are journeymen.  

I want top four only for the fact of the shite we'd have to put up with if the Mancs got in there at our expense.

Missing out on top four would be a significant blow after what we've shown this season. I'm desperate to get back to the Champions League and take on all comers. Obviously we need to improve the squad to fight for the league and in Europe, but that's where we need to be.

I agree with both of these statements. We really need to get in the top 4 this year now we haven't got the cup "distractions". Plus, doesn't getting in the CL help attract the best players?

I know our squad is much too thin for Europe as well but hopefully that will be addressed in the summer. I was so excited being back in Europe after we came 2nd and then was so low when Rodgers cocked it up! Klopp showed us last year he is good at European ties - bring it on I say!

Apparently in his Hull post-match interview was crying that he's being singled out because one manager yesterday had a go at the fourth official and was told it was amusing, but he gets told to go to the stands....

The little twat.

Always the victim, it's never his fault.

Why do none of the cowardly journalists ever call this boring, depressing shithouse out. United have had practically every 50-50 decision go in their favour for months now since his earlier outburst but instead of his hypocrisy being discussed & the fact he blames the ref every single time they don't win, we get Dermot Gallacher fresh back from his undertaking duties apeing Mourinho and demanding Klopp is sanctioned for his shouting the other night.

Why do none of the cowardly journalists ever call this boring, depressing shithouse out. United have had practically every 50-50 decision go in their favour for months now since his earlier outburst but instead of his hypocrisy being discussed & the fact he blames the ref every single time they don't win, we get Dermot Gallacher fresh back from his undertaking duties apeing Mourinho and demanding Klopp is sanctioned for his shouting the other night.

I just saw that!! WTF?? A nothing thing is going to turn into a major thing now because of the whinging git!

Guest Pistonbroke

I just saw that!! WTF?? A nothing thing is going to turn into a major thing now because of the whinging git!

The 4th officials report will have already been submitted, nothing will happen to Klopp now, he will however have to watch it in the future as will every other manager. 

Mourinho gets bans because he's always on at fourth officials berating them, or trying to influence decisions. Klopp in this instance was shouting random nonsense because his keeper had just saved a penalty. The fourth official just happened to be closest. No similarity to the shite Mourinho pulls whatsoever.

• Upvote 1

I think it was pretty clear Klopp was shouting at the official and he wasnt happy what he saw from Clattenburg. 

Reports say that he shouted "No one can win over us" i had to giggle at that comment when we had lost about 5 matches in a row, Klopp sure is funny. 

When he was asked about Mourinho's comment that there are different rules for him, Jurgen should just have said that there certainly seem to be different offside rules for United.

I think that Klopp ( and even Wenger ) don't get as much hassle as Mourinho due to his past crime sheet and the referees must be also pissed off at him blaming them for every point lost.

The 4th officials report will have already been submitted, nothing will happen to Klopp now, he will however have to watch it in the future as will every other manager.

I'll have a chat with Neil Swarbrick's lad at college tomorrow and get his take on it. If I was to judge what Neil Swarbrick would be like going off his lad I'd say he really wouldn't have given a fuck about the incident.