You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Ballache 2016

Bjornebye

Id well believe the drinkwater rumour if we were still lumbered with the potless fraud.

Really? I thought Rodgers liked technical players while Klopp likes those who like to run around like mad men.

I don't believe the rumour because I don't want to believe it's true but Drinkwater sounds like the kind of player Klopp likes to work with.

I tried to warn you all that a change of manager means a change in our style of play, Klopp doesn't want to play possession football, he wants high energy players running around and pressing the other team.

• Downvote 1

Really? I thought Rodgers liked technical players while Klopp likes those who like to run around like mad men.

I don't believe the rumour because I don't want to believe it's true but Drinkwater sounds like the kind of player Klopp likes to work with.

I tried to warn you all that a change of manager means a change in our style of play, Klopp doesn't want to play possession football, he wants high energy players running around and pressing the other team.

Christian Benteke/

For future reference, in terms of English media outlets, if it's not from either the Guardian, the Telegraph, Paul Joyce, Simon Jones, Tony Barrett, James Pearce or Melissa Reddy, then it's bullshit.

Edit: and Dom King.

We aren't signing Drinkwater.

Said somebody who clearly didn't see Dortmund.

Your right I didn't see much of them, all I've been hearing is we are aiming for players who have the fitness to get around the pitch this summer.Considering that I don't see why people find it unbelievable that Drinkwater would be a target for Klopp.

Brendan Rodgers' Liverpool 2012-2015- the possession football team that couldn't play possession football and won nothing. 

Jurgen Klopp's Borussia Dortmund- two league titles, one German Cup, a European Cup final and the most exciting team in world football.

Oh no, what did we let ourselves in for?

• Upvote 2

Brendan Rodgers' Liverpool 2012-2015- the possession football team that couldn't play possession football and won nothing.

Jurgen Klopp's Borussia Dortmund- two league titles, one German Cup, a European Cup final and the most exciting team in world football.

Oh no, what did we let ourselves in for?

I didn't watch Dortmund but having heard about what happened there Klopp won his two titles with his Gegen pressing, when he brought in technical players and tried to play possession football he won no more trophies there.

Rodgers challenged in his second season playing possession football and his worst season was better than this one.Hes not the only manager in this league to have challenged in his second season either, if Klopp is the messiah then we can look forward to a fantastic season.

Because I'm fair I'll let Klopp off as this isn't really his second season as he will only be signing players this summer, some fans will be making comparisons at the end of next season though and that's why he shouldn't have took over when he did.

• Downvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Your right I didn't see much of them, all I've been hearing is we are aiming for players who have the fitness to get around the pitch this summer.Considering that I don't see why people find it unbelievable that Drinkwater would be a target for Klopp.

The idea that Klopp wants players who run around a lot and Rodgers wanted good players is a mix of self delusion and ignorance. Klopp players have been exceptional footballers. Just because he also wants a lot of effort it doesn't mean he isn't wanting good footballers.

I suggest you fuck the Rodgers avatar off and start supporting the manager who is trying to make a great team.

• Upvote 4

Yeah Klopp wants Athletes not players.

Midfielders Bender-Sahin

Attackers Reus-Błaszczykowski-Kagawa-Gotze

Strikers Barios-Lewandowski

Cleary wants athletes over players

Does our best striker start or does the one who runs more start, does our best technically gifted cm start regularly or does the strong German get the nod, who gets more games Flanno or the big lad from the u21s and does our best technical player start as a number 10 or is it the average Brazilian with a decent physique who likes to press.

You've all been saying Klopp would go for a certain type of player but when we are linked with that kind of player no one wants to believe it.I don't know why your listing players signed by the Dortmund dof either unless I've missed the news that we've signed him.

• Downvote 1

Here we go again,this was a good and interesting thread about Dms and positional play and in he comes again,fuckin wind up Joe and his Rodgers shit,"I'll let Klopp off this time",what a fuckin wanker.

• Upvote 2

This Drinkwater rumour is clearly bollocks, it started in the Metro.

It does achieve one thing, though - it's the first transfer rumour of the summer to the kind of target we would have been linked with under Rodgers.  Overrated English player after an anomalous season with a Premier League team?  That would be right up our alley any time from 2010-2015.

I wonder why we haven't seen any links to Naby Keita?  21 years old, looked great at DM before moving to CM this season for Salzburg.  If you believe the stat gurus then he looks a player with a big future and wouldn't cost much this summer.

• Upvote 1

Watching the England-Turkey game, Turkey have got some interesting players that I think are worth looking at. Caner Erkin the left back for one. Really talented on the ball and a beast physically. And then Ozyakup, young technical midfielder who can play in any of the three midfield positions.

Does our best striker start or does the one who runs more start, does our best technically gifted cm start regularly or does the strong German get the nod, who gets more games Flanno or the big lad from the u21s and does our best technical player start as a number 10 or is it the average Brazilian with a decent physique who likes to press.

You've all been saying Klopp would go for a certain type of player but when we are linked with that kind of player no one wants to believe it.I don't know why your listing players signed by the Dortmund dof either unless I've missed the news that we've signed him.

You were crying about people calling you a cunt the other day, bit of advice, stop fucking acting like one. Or is it everyone else again !

Just acknowledge the fact that you haven't got a clue and shut the fuck up. You boring, myopic prick.

• Upvote 1

Watching the England-Turkey game, Turkey have got some interesting players that I think are worth looking at. Caner Erkin the left back for one. Really talented on the ball and a beast physically. And then Ozyakup, young technical midfielder who can play in any of the three midfield positions.

Signed for Inter. On a free by the looks of it.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/665640/Liverpool-target-completes-secret-medical-after-Inter-Milan-U-turn-Transfer-News-Gossip

You were crying about people calling you a cunt the other day, bit of advice, stop fucking acting like one. Or is it everyone else again !

Just acknowledge the fact that you haven't got a clue and shut the fuck up. You boring, myopic prick.

It's everyone else at it again and you should have been able to work that out without me having to tell you.

There are people saying Drinkwater is a Rodgers type signing, either people are trolling or their memories are much worse than I give them credit for.When the last manager was here all I would here was bitching about how he only went for technical number 10s and how he wouldn't bring in any defensive midfielders.

Drinkwater is as average as it gets when it comes to technical ability and his strength is getting around the pitch and putting in a shift defensively.Never in a million years would he have signed under the last manager.

Maybe I shouldn't bite when I see something that looks like nonsense or trolling, seeing as most of the replys I get are from people who supposedly think I am saying things like that then they should be able to understand why I respond.

• Downvote 1