You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Who is the right man then?

an tha

How about trying to support the club rather than actually only appearing to be a supporter of Brendan Rodgers? I appreciate you're very disappointed, unfortunately he's gone. It's hardly the new managers fault though is it?

How about offering the same admirable loyalty, patience and support you've shown our former manager to our new manager rather coming across as a disturbed self-obsessed internet fanboy?

If it is Klopp I'm genuinely very excited. Irrespective of whoever is in charge surely what we all want is for them to be successful?

I was just pointing out some of the double standards which have gone on when discussing what Rodgers has done here.

Fuck it anyway he's gone, I'm over it and am fully in the Klopp camp now.I just hope our fans will give him a proper chance and accept their will be setbacks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think a proper chance for a manager at Liverpool amounts to three years. But obviously everything must be judged on its own merits.

Rodgers had three full years and was into his fourth. He had a proper chance. The ending for him was messy though, as the decision should have been taken in the summer. There is something unsatisfactory about getting sacked eight games into the new season. Still, I won't complain too loudly, as I think it was the right decision in the end.

If Klopp is backed financially, gets three full years and fails to win a trophy, and only qualifies once for CL football and exits the competition with barely a whimper, you would have to think that he will be on thin ice, same as Brendan.

But it's crazy to be talking like that at this point. Let's get him signed up and see what happens. I think he will galvanize the club and build something up here. Here's hoping.

• Upvote 1

This isn't going to get boring for you is it?

I can't even work out for myself whether I think JP is funny and on the wind up and I actually find him entertaining, or if he is totally serious and ridiculously thick. Or any amalgamation of the options really.

There should be a poll - JermainePennant: Troller? Whopper? Remedial? Cunt? All of the above?

• Upvote 1

I think a proper chance for a manager at Liverpool amounts to three years. But obviously everything must be judged on its own merits.

Rodgers had three full years and was into his fourth. He had a proper chance. The ending for him was messy though, as the decision should have been taken in the summer. There is something unsatisfactory about getting sacked eight games into the new season. Still, I won't complain too loudly, as I think it was the right decision in the end.

If Klopp is backed financially, gets three full years and fails to win a trophy, and only qualifies once for CL football and exits the competition with barely a whimper, you would have to think that he will be on thin ice, same as Brendan.

But it's crazy to be talking like that at this point. Let's get him signed up and see what happens. I think he will galvanize the club and build something up here. Here's hoping.

you get 18 months to show at the very least you ve got a team playing good football. You get another 18 months to win a trophy if you havent already won one. CL football by end of first full season.

Klopp's the kind of manager whose minimal requirement is running through a brick wall for the team and the 3 points.

Instead, he'll inherit a Brendan Rodgers squad, littered with players who can riff through a 180 page dossier on football esoterica, whilst balancing a double latte on the knee of their bespoke suits and capable of extemporising for 15' on what formations were employed in the 1928 Cup quarters and acing spot tests on the system/formation calculus in the lower Spanish leagues during the Franco years.

He has to turn underachievers into grafters, and quickly.

• Upvote 1

Klopp's the kind of manager whose minimal requirement is running through a brick wall for the team and the 3 points.

Instead, he'll inherit a Brendan Rodgers squad, littered with players who can riff through a 180 page dossier on football esoterica, whilst balancing a double latte on the knee of their bespoke suits and capable of extemporising for 15' on what formations were employed in the 1928 Cup quarters and acing spot tests on the system/formation calculus in the lower Spanish leagues during the Franco years.

Is this shit supposed to be funny?

• Upvote 1

Rodgers lost respect from the players last season.

Jurgen will get them running around like duracell bunnies like Dirk Kuyt. They will all be playing for their futures.

Does anybody think that we might have approached Klopp in the summer, but he wanted a break first, so that's why we stuck with Rodgers?

Possibly, but if that's the case, we should have kept Marsh and Pascoe on. I think the decision to let Brendan go is the right one, but Gary Mac and Driscoll can feel aggrieved if they are binned after only being here for five minutes.