You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Dentist

Bjornebye

Cracked a tooth at the weekend. Half way to work this morning and had to turn back because it has started hurting. Feels like im biting tin-foil, absolutely disgusting pain. Not registered with a dentist down here so called 111. They have got me an appointment at Portsmouth Uni Dentist in an hour.

Its free work which is ace but..... Im going to die aren't I. A drill into the brain or something. Bye all. Fucking hate dentists.

• 1 year later...
Guest Pistonbroke

I've got a heavily filled tooth at the back. The dentist is recommending that I get a crown to protect the filling.

Anyone ever had one? Is it worth getting?

I had one done about 22 years ago. Still going strong today with no problems whatsoever. Like Jairz says, if you want to have the tooth still in place in the future then have it done, fillings don't last and if it is already heavily filled eventually they'll have to pull it as it will just splinter/crumble away as the fillings drop out. 

It is if you want want anything resembling a tooth there in a few years.

I had one done about 22 years ago. Still going strong today with no problems whatsoever. Like Jairz says, if you want to have the tooth still in place in the future then have it done, fillings don't last and if it is already heavily filled eventually they'll have to pull it as it will just splinter/crumble away as the fillings drop out. 

I've inexplicably got more money than I expected in my account (it's probably the first time in 30 years that I'm reaching payday comfortably in credit) so the £200+ he quoted for it isn't scaring me and sounds like it might be a sound investment, then.

You've convinced me.  I'll put my money where my mouth is.

I've inexplicably got more money than I expected in my account (it's probably the first time in 30 years that I'm reaching payday comfortably in credit) so the £200+ he quoted for it isn't scaring me and sounds like it might be a sound investment, then.

get yourself down the dental hospital and let some student sort you one out for nowt.  

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

You'll not regret it, I had mine done in Gold and the health insurance paid for it, fuck knows why he did it in Gold. Something about it being the best option at the time, plus no fucker can see it being as it is the molar right at the back. Plus if I#m ever totally skint I can pay for stuff through my teeth.......... I'm here all week. 

You'll not regret it, I had mine done in Gold and the health insurance paid for it, fuck knows why he did it in Gold. Something about it being the best option at the time, plus no fucker can see it being as it is the molar right at the back. Plus if I#m ever totally skint I can pay for stuff through my teeth.......... I'm here all week. 

get on P Diddy here

Guest Pistonbroke

get yourself down the dental hospital and let some student sort you one out for nowt.  

I had this mate years back who had severe shitty decaying Teeth and he was quoted a fortune to sort out his problems. He went into a pub which was renowned for the right wing drinking in it and called all the nazi cunts in there soft cunts, they duly kicked the shit out of him, with his other mate in the corner who was a copper off duty witnessing it all. These nazi fuckers ended up having to pay for all his dental work. Bit extreme like. 

Guest Pistonbroke

get on P Diddy here

Hahaha, only the one, fuck knows how much it is worth today and no way would health insurances pay for Gold crowns in these modern day penny pinching times. 

It cost me £53 for a filling the other day. They're the biggest con artists going. They're earning at least £300 an hour each.

I had an implant done 20 years ago that cost me £1500.  My dentist charges well over £200 for a checkup and a hygenist visit, which together take less than an hour.  

Fucking hell, have you not thought about changing dentists? You must have paid less than £1500 for your first house back in the day.

I'm in the fortunate position of not having to pay for it (though I did for the implant) but it is a rip off.  I would't mind, but the hygienist is Scottish and a bit rough with the old scraper.  She has the worst bedside manner since Rose West.