You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

Brilliant. We'll shut down the debate then.

The logic of the Left - we don't like you're opinion so we're going to stop you giving it and if that doesn't work we'll go right off topic to obfuscate your points.

Yes, Moof's one post is now "the logic of the left". 

You could always, you know, just carry on posting.

The logic of the Left - we don't like you're opinion so we're going to stop you giving it and if that doesn't work we'll go right off topic to obfuscate your points.

Your opinions are pure 'daily mail'. And you dragged the debate down by yourself, pointless taking the time and effort to reply in any way other than in kind.

Nobody is stopping you giving your opinion. They are pointing out the flaws in it and saying they are not impressed in the way you are putting those points across. 

You apparently didn't care about staying on topic when there were young ones pictures being thrown about or false pro-EU comments being invented. You were more interested in claiming I was childish and was bullying you. For wanting to challenge the actual opinions you were posting. 

I'm not even particularly invested in the debate, I only live in the uk because my missus doesn't want to leave her family.

Me neither to be honest. I detest the EU and it's sibling institutions, and I detest the current government. One of my main concerns is the difficulty of getting the fuck out of this shit hole if we leave the EU.

I guess all the British pensioners in Spain can come back, whilst I'll go there to work. 

Not refuting the point but 2 billion seems a staggering amount when you factor in benefits/housing/healthcare and those that do not work.

I think the migrant argument (which lets face it, isnt the only factor in an EU debate despite the coverage it gets) is one that will rumble on no matter what facts are presented.

To some- 2 billion made in the economy means absolutely nothing to them in real terms- it wont effect them personally. The only effect for many will be jostling for school places/employment NHS waiting list etc.

For the government to have an additional 2 billion at their disposal probably doesnt equate to them pouring that back in to improve services.

You will find that the vast majority of migrants from Europe go to work and don't claim any state benefits.

You are arguing about the cost to the state of migrants but those migrants will be people seeking asylum. While a lot of these people do go to work the vast majority of first generation migrants don't work. That isn't to say we shouldn't allow these people into the uk. Any argument on the uk remaining part of the EU based on cost to the country is a non starter because quite frankly it costs the uk very little in benefits having EU citizens working in the uk.

Nobody is stopping you giving your opinion. They are pointing out the flaws in it and saying they are not impressed in the way you are putting those points across. 

You apparently didn't care about staying on topic when there were young ones pictures being thrown about or false pro-EU comments being invented. You were more interested in claiming I was childish and was bullying you. For wanting to challenge the actual opinions you were posting.

Throughout this debate I've said my opinions are there to be torn down, of course they are, as should anybody's. We can all debate. The difference is I understand that you may not agree with me. That's cool.

You seem very agitated if I don't agree with you.

You have levelled the following at me-

Cunt

Not very bright

Can't read

Make shit up

Can't comprehend

I said you remind of Rik Mayall. (which seems to have touched a nerve)

Let's move on

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Me neither to be honest. I detest the EU and it's sibling institutions, and I detest the current government. One of my main concerns is the difficulty of getting the fuck out of this shit hole if we leave the EU.

I guess all the British pensioners in Spain can come back, whilst I'll go there to work.

You could come to Uruguay with me, all you need is a birth certificate.

Edit; only problem being, I'll be there.

Throughout this debate I've said my opinions are there to be torn down, of course they are, as should anybody's. We can all debate. The difference is I understand that you may not agree with me. That's cool.

Cunt

Not very bright

Can't read

Make shit up

Can't comprehend

Let's move on

Stop displaying all of those qualities in such dedicated fashion, and nobody will level them at you.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Stop displaying all of those qualities in such dedicated fashion, and nobody will level them at you.

Very good that moof.

I'm devastated by such stinging criticism.

Keep up the excellent contributions.

You wade on in with your snipes whilst standing behind those you aspire to.

Guest Pistonbroke

A lot of firms in Europe employ many Brits as the company is American, you don't even have to speak the local language, they have HR representatives sorting/helping you out with doing all the admin/registration stuff etc. When I worked for Microsoft i'd say the majority of Brits/Italians/Spanish etc were pants at speaking German and had no interest in learning it. A mate of mine works in Frankfurt atm for an American law firm as an IT manager and his German is pretty naff, he is leaving that job (actually had his last day today) and moving to Hamburg where he has landed a job working for Google in the IT department. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Nice bit of irony there. You right wing lot love using that old line. 

A lot of firms in Europe employ many Brits as the company is American, you don't even have to speak the local language, they have HR representatives sorting/helping you out with doing all the admin/registration stuff etc. When I worked for Microsoft i'd say the majority of Brits/Italians/Spanish etc were pants at speaking German and had no interest in learning it. A mate of mine works in Frankfurt atm for an American law firm as an IT manager and his German is pretty naff, he is leaving that job (actually had his last day today) and moving to Hamburg where he has landed a job working for Google in the IT department.

Just to play devils advocate, but how is that relevant to the average individual in the uk. You cannot justify staying in the EU based on the fact that a very very small percentage of the population have top white collar jobs in blue chip companies in Europe?

Cunt

Not very bright

Can't read

Make shit up

Can't comprehend

Let's move on

No mate, the difference is that you don't see any issue in spouting bollocks that can easily be pointed out to be nonsense because you think people should just nod and go "Well, that's his opinion, I'll just let him carry on saying it". If I had opinions I thought could be easily torn down I'd fucking re-think them; because they are obviously incoherent and poorly thought out.

There really is nothing sadder than trolls that imagine in their own weird little head that the person they are speaking to is fuming at them in incandescent rage. I'm not. You haven't touched a nerve. You are just a symptom of the relentless, irritating stupidity that floods into any decent political discourse.

You are our very own mini-Trump: Talking to people with no respect to start off hostilities, making shit up, not being arsed to read or to think about the initially civil responses you get to your dumb comments, then just throwing the same unfunny insults out there because you are totally and utterly out of your depth on content when challenged on it. The noisiest of empty ships.

I wanted a debate about the EU. You wanted to make daft "Some people claim this made up stupid shit...." remarks and post idiotic pictures.

Guest Pistonbroke

Is thechap a new poster or an old one with a new username? Its not PooScouserTommy is it,the lover of Polish people?

Kippers give off a nasty smell and leave an even shittier taste in your mouth. 

We have far too many Kippers on this forum, the cunts haven't even got the bollocks to out themselves as kippers. 

No mate, the difference is that you don't see any issue in spouting bollocks that can easily be pointed out to be nonsense because you think people should just nod and go "Well, that's his opinion, I'll just let him carry on saying it". If I had opinions I thought could be easily torn down I'd fucking re-think them; because they are obviously incoherent and poorly thought out.

There really is nothing sadder than trolls that imagine in their own weird little head that the person they are speaking to is fuming at them in incandescent rage. I'm not. You haven't touched a nerve. You are just a symptom of the relentless, irritating stupidity that floods into any decent political discourse.

You are our very own mini-Trump: Talking to people with no respect to start off hostilities, making shit up, not being arsed to read or to think about the initially civil responses you get to your dumb comments, then just throwing the same unfunny insults out there because you are totally and utterly out of your depth on content when challenged on it. The noisiest of empty ships.

I wanted a debate about the EU. You wanted to make daft "Some people claim this made up stupid shit...." remarks and post idiotic pictures.

Your thrashing about in your own bile now Stu.

You attempted to brow beat people because they didn't agree with you and got your arse handed to you. You tried insults, put downs, snide comments and your drama queen neg button. All because my opinion differs to yours.

You lost Stu, and lost heavily. It's not really about the EU debate anymore. It's just become a pantomime platform for you to try and desperately form some sort of personality.

To quote the might Stu Monty- "I'm not talking to you anymore,your not very bright" A greater example of irony you would struggle to find.

Haven't touched a nerve? Of course I haven't Stu.

That's why your on here spouting your insulting, ranting, ill thoughout garbage at 1am in the morning.

Good lad. The more you post, the more I like you Stu.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Kippers should be on the left-wing if they had any class consciousness and would be useful allies. Unfortunately they've bought the divide-and-conquer narrative of the rich cunts hook, line and sinker. 

Many of them are people Blair's Labour party ditched. They still want nationalised industry, protection of the NHS, etc. Sadly, as you say, they've just also swallowed a narrative about foreigners being to blame.

• Upvote 1

Many of them are people Blair's Labour party ditched. They still want nationalised industry, protection of the NHS, etc. Sadly, as you say, they've just also swallowed a narrative about foreigners being to blame.

With a leader who is a tax dodging,ex city trader/banker and cut from the same cloth as Cameron and Osborne,how on earth is that ever going to happen?

Had quite a long conversation with two Junior Doctors and Consultant at work yesterday, all of whom are working in the NHS having come from European countries. They are seriously worried about what is going to happen if a no vote transpires regarding their working arrangements, families and various other rights. Having seen how ludicrously difficult it is to get doctors form outside the E.U. into positions (often delays of 4 to 6 months due to visa and other paperwork issues) I would be a bit concerned if we were having to rely on that system to fill positions (especially given the substantial cuts to the UK board force over the last decade or so).

The other thing they stated was how much the discourse around this debate made them feel unwelcome in the UK, I hope the two campaigns don't reach fever pitch with this as it may encourage the notion that the British people will always dislike them.