You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Would you keep Rodgers at the end of the season?

Boss

Should Rodgers stay in those circumstances?  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Should Rodgers stay in those circumstances?

• Yes- It's clear to see he's on the right path and just needs more time.
    • Yes- It was the transfer commitee that fucked us.
    • Yes- As long as that fake scouser and FSG's yesmen fuck off instead
    • No- He jibbed his wife off so he doesn't practise what he preaches
    • No- He's had enough time and his signings haven't been good enough
    • No- I'm fed up of seeing 5 at the back and Adam Lallana Cruyff turns.
    • Other - Ie stop being a negative cunt....

However you look at it, Suarez was getting into some serious negative PR, and yet he still shone through as the best player in the league. He was the pantomime villian for non Liverpool fans, but a player we'd all love to have had.

His career COULD have nosedived if the incidents hadn't been handled well. Instead, despite them, his reputation soared. Yes he is an amazing talent, yes he is prone to biting, but all in all, you do have to say his situation was managed well by Liverpool, and part of that management was Rodgers.

People can't knock Rodgers when things go pear shaped, but not give him credit when things don't. When Suarez did his humourous dive gesture at Everton, that (to me) looked like a player who wanted to celebrate with his manager. Speaks volumes that.

• Upvote 2

Bit over the top to credit Rodgers with improving Suarez as a footballer, but I think his handling of him was generally excellent, particularly after his failed move to Arsenal.

It is over the top to credit a coach with improving a player? Especially a coach who, even by those not that keen on him, is seen as having developing players as being possibly his strongest asset. One that has improved many of the other players too.

Really?

• Upvote 1

It is over the top to credit a coach with improving a player? Especially a coach who, even by those not that keen on him, is seen as having developing players as being possibly his strongest asset. One that has improved many of the other players too.

Really?

Stu Monty in talking sense shocker.

Think he's alluding to RobbieOR's post from earlier yesterday.

Except that's not what I said. He didnt teach him how to score. He improved his game. The player said it himself. He created the perfect environment for him. I dont even think thats debatable to be honest. 

Yeah but he only drew with Thunderlips with him and beat Lang and Drago without him.

Fans like you make me sick. I bet you would've been cheering Mickey had they won the title, but because they only got near you're happy to question him and allude it was all down to Rocky.

Go and support Tommy Gunn.

Everyone has their own views on Suarez and his impact on the team, consider this.

If Rodgers has bought 20 odd players blowing 220 odd million and the majority have performed poorer for Rodgers than under other managers.

Is there really enough evidence that Rodgers improves players?.

Or are people who say Rodgers is an exceptional coach that improves players indulging in confirmation bias or whatever it is.

I think you'll find if you go back over threads on this forum during the Dalglish reign and you'll see loads of people saying that we couldnt rely on him as a 30 goal a season goalscorer.

Great how hindsight is being used an agenda to beat the manager with again.

• Upvote 2

Really?

We're not talking about Jordan Henderson or Jon Flanagan, we're talking about one of the best footballers in the world.

Suarez is a freak of nature in terms of ability and attitude, so I'd be reluctant to credit too much to one particular manager who he's played under as having improved him.

I reckon the trajectory of his career would have been pretty similar if he'd moved to a club other than us from Ajax. He'd still have bossed whatever Champions League fixture he was playing in last night. His mentality is just ferocious, not to mention extremely rare, and that coupled with his ability was always going to allow him to get to wherever he wanted to go.

Again, I'd credit Rodgers for managing him well. That's a different thing to making him a better footballer.

• Upvote 3

We're not talking about Jordan Henderson or Jon Flanagan, we're talking about one of the best footballers in the world.

Suarez is a freak of nature in terms of ability and attitude, so I'd be reluctant to credit too much to one particular manager who he's played under as having improved him.

I reckon the trajectory of his career would have been pretty similar if he'd moved to a club other than us from Ajax. He'd still have bossed whatever Champions League fixture he was playing in last night. His mentality is just ferocious, not to mention extremely rare, and that coupled with his ability was always going to allow him to get to wherever he wanted to go.

Again, I'd credit Rodgers for managing him well. That's a different thing to making him a better footballer.

I think that's a very reasonable position to take, and is well argued. I disagree though, and so does the man himself apparently.

• Upvote 1

It really was Suarez: "Last season we scored 101 goals, this year we'll be lucky to score 60. Last season we had 86 points. This season, if we win all our remaining games we'll have 75. The difference was Suarez.:

It was Rodgers: "Rodgers made Suarez better. Besides, if you take away a great player, how can you expect the manager to do as well?"

It really was Suarez: "Yes, that's the point, you see. With Suarez the manager does great. Without him, after spending 100 million, not so well. Thus it was Suarez, qed."

It was Rodgers: "Rodgers made Suarez better. Besides, if you take away a great player, how can you expect the manager to do as well?"

It really was Suarez: "Ok, but this is what I'm saying. If it was Rodgers, why is the team not doing as well?"