You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Would you keep Rodgers at the end of the season?

Boss

Should Rodgers stay in those circumstances?  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Should Rodgers stay in those circumstances?

• Yes- It's clear to see he's on the right path and just needs more time.
    • Yes- It was the transfer commitee that fucked us.
    • Yes- As long as that fake scouser and FSG's yesmen fuck off instead
    • No- He jibbed his wife off so he doesn't practise what he preaches
    • No- He's had enough time and his signings haven't been good enough
    • No- I'm fed up of seeing 5 at the back and Adam Lallana Cruyff turns.
    • Other - Ie stop being a negative cunt....

Yep, even if we sacked Rodgers (which we won't and hope we don't) he'd have much better offers.

I love how many posters talk this club down.

If the owners are willing to pay the required wages, there arent many managers who wouldnt come here.

Because the owners set the bar low last time they appointed someone everyone thinks we are at that low bar level.

Yet i see Managers like Ancelotti posing for a personal picture infront of the "This is Anfield" sign.

Ancelotti himself said this before the real madrid tie.

‘It’s always been a club that excites me. The “You’ll Never Walk Alone” they sing is incredible. Nobody sings an anthem like Liverpool fans.

‘Tomorrow, before the game, I’m going to go out onto the pitch early because I want to hear them sing it.

‘I’m so excited… sometimes I look for it on the internet and put it on for my friends. It’s something really unique, seriously.’

"This is Anfield' It's an honour to play in a legendary stadium like this one in charge of Real Madrid #halamadrid #UCL #champions."

Klopp himself touching the sign of this great club.

Klopp:  Liverpool is a great club and they did well last year. I saw it. If you make the right decisions after you miss (a trophy) you can be stronger. Maybe Liverpool this year is the big team in the Premier League. We will see.

This club still has a huge draw across Europe. De  Boer, Rafa, christ even Van Gaal wanted the job. Yet people still talk like we are some kind of minnow.

• Upvote 4

If Rodgers were to get good money to spend in the summer and we were nowhere near top 4 next year which is what happened under Kenny he should be sacked.

This season seeing as we are not far off fourth despite having a nightmare start and problems most teams and managers would have struggled with his position shouldn't be questioned.

I don't think expectations have been lowered and I have heard nothing from Rodgers or the owners which suggests this.

Rodgers has publicly stated he expects a title challenge next season and the owners sacked Kenny when he was getting nowhere near their targets.

Unless people are saying Rodgers should have been sacked in his first season which would have made no sense then I don't see how they have been lenient with him.

Sorry, I just can't take anything you say seriously. I'm starting to think Lizzie is right, you're a very good troll.

• Upvote 3

If the owners are willing to pay the required wages, there arent many managers who wouldnt come here.

Because the owners set the bar low last time they appointed someone everyone thinks we are at that low bar level.

Yet i see Managers like Ancelotti posing for a personal picture infront of the "This is Anfield" sign.

‘It’s always been a club that excites me. The “You’ll Never Walk Alone” they sing is incredible. Nobody sings an anthem like Liverpool fans.

‘Tomorrow, before the game, I’m going to go out onto the pitch early because I want to hear them sing it.

‘I’m so excited… sometimes I look for it on the internet and put it on for my friends. It’s something really unique, seriously.’

"This is Anfield' It's an honour to play in a legendary stadium like this one in charge of Real Madrid #halamadrid #UCL #champions."

Klopp:  Liverpool is a great club and they did well last year. I saw it. If you make the right decisions after you miss (a trophy) you can be stronger. Maybe Liverpool this year is the big team in the Premier League. We will see.

This club still has a huge draw across Europe. De  Boer, Rafa, christ even Van Gaal wanted the job. Yet people still talk like we are some kind of minnow.

Agreed, there are very few managers that wouldn't come here IMO. 

Sorry, I just can't take anything you say seriously. I'm starting to think Lizzie is right, you're a very good troll.

I'm starting to have similar thoughts about you and others as when a point is made that goes against what you say you reply with a smart comment or something rather then say how what Ive said is wrong.

As I said there is no evidence of the owners being happy with fifth which I have seen some say, unless Rodgers should have been sacked in his first season which would have made no sense for so many reasons that I can't be bothered listing them then they haven't been lenient or lowered expectations.

• Downvote 1

Robbie's not talking the club down and I dont think your presumption is accurate because if it is, it means they are only interested in the job for the money.

Its an evolving thing that just chucking shitloads of money at wont correct. Top managers pick where they want to manage based on what the clubs can achieve and then argue about the money they want.

In other words, the clubs have to be capable of challenging for trophies. Of course that takes time, money and a degree of luck given your competition has mega deep pockets.

• Upvote 1

Yep, even if we sacked Rodgers (which we won't and hope we don't) he'd have much better offers.

I share your lack of appetite to ditch Brendan.

I do not agree he would have much better offers elsewhere. His appointment by FSG, and ongoing employment, is predicated on the fact that he is indebted to us for the chance of a lifetime, and isn't going anywhere of his own accord.

Where is the demand for a man who has won nothing and has no Euro track record?

I do not agree he would have much better offers elsewhere. His appointment by FSG, and ongoing employment, is predicated on the fact that he is indebted to us for the chance of a lifetime, and isn't going anywhere of his own accord.

Think he's referring to Klopp with the second bit, Xerxes,

Spurs wanted Rodgers for months before we got him, there was also speculation saying Man City wanted to interview him.

The owners had to bow to Rodgers demands to get him here and it was not a case of him kissing arse and agreeing to be a yes man, other managers went through the interview stage when they were not first choice while Rodgers didn't.

If Rodgers left he would end up at a cl team or a team in Europe or around it with good money to spend.

• Downvote 1

Klopp: Liverpool is a great club and they did well last year. I saw it. If you make the right decisions after you miss (a trophy) you can be stronger. Maybe Liverpool this year is the big team in the Premier League. We will see.

This club still has a huge draw across Europe. De Boer, Rafa, christ even Van Gaal wanted the job. Yet people still talk like we are some kind of minnow.

Yes managers would come here if we were willing to give them big money to challenge, they would also go to smaller teams offering the same as we have seen.

I've seen plenty of similar comments from top players over the years who had no intention of coming to us, we could get top managers but not the elite ones.

• Downvote 1

Robbie's not talking the club down and I dont think your presumption is accurate because if it is, it means they are only interested in the job for the money.

Its an evolving thing that just chucking shitloads of money at wont correct. Top managers pick where they want to manage based on what the clubs can achieve and then argue about the money they want.

In other words, the clubs have to be capable of challenging for trophies. Of course that takes time, money and a degree of luck given your competition has mega deep pockets.

This club is capable of challenging for trophies. But the direction the owners have taken is of prudency.

They talked the big talk about making Liverpool the best club in England if not Europe,

Yet when it came to appointing a manager they looked at Martinez and Rodgers, two novices.

All the experience in the squad is slowly being pushed out, and the team now resembles a youth club.

Of course all Managers are interested in Money, you dont think Mourinho went back to Chelsea for the love of the club do you.

Look how much Everton had to pay Moyes a salary to keep him.

There are other managers who i believe are'nt driven by money. Guardiola for one. who i think personally would rather manage Man Utd or Arsenal or even Us than City or Chelsea.

It's not talking the club down at all. Do you think if us and City went toe to toe for a manager they'd pick us? Money talks. 

And by money Im talking about buying players. Not a salary for the manager.

• Upvote 1

I was talking about Klopp.

Agreed, there are very few managers that wouldn't come here IMO.

I don't think anybody is talking the club down at all but it serves no purpose living in the clouds, I'm sure we could attract top managers but only if they fancied the prem and only if the City, Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea jobs aren't going

We had the same discussion when Kenny was sacked. "We can get any manager we want" and Martinez ended up turning us down.

FSG want to turn us into the new Arsenal. They're never going to go for a manager with the power to challenge their transfer policy and lack of knowledge.

We're going to be doing things on the cheap, at least until the stadium is rebuilt.

• Upvote 2

It's not talking the club down at all. Do you think if us and City went toe to toe for a manager they'd pick us? Money talks. 

And by money Im talking about buying players. Not a salary for the manager.

That was'nt  pop at you personally by the way, just that general statement.

I think you would be surprised how many managers would be tempted if we offered a fair wage for a manager of that pedigree.

Restoring this club to its place at the top of the pile. A lot of managers would love that on their C.V.

Backed by the most vocal and passionate crowd in the country.

But as for the question you posed. We wont go toe to toe with city for a manager because the owners objectives are different to Man City's

FSG want to turn us into the new Arsenal. They're never going to go for a manager with the power to challenge their transfer policy and lack of knowledge.

We're going to be doing things on the cheap, at least until the stadium is rebuilt.

I keep hearing this, not sure it is true. I guess if it means cheap in comparision to CFC and MCFC that would be true (as it would be for every other club in the world bar 2)

IMO Arsenal are in great shape and hardly an example of doing things on the cheap.

• Upvote 1

I keep hearing this, not sure it is true. I guess if it means cheap in comparision to CFC and MCFC that would be true (as it would be for every other club in the world bar 2)

IMO Arsenal are in great shape and hardly an example of doing things on the cheap.

Not now. I think Arsenal of anything between two and eight years ago.

The signings of Ozil and Sanchez have signalled something of a change. Borderline world class players, in their mid 20s, on big wages, signed for big transfer fees. They weren't doing that a few years ago, they were selling their best players every season. Man City and Barcelona's feeder club.

This club is capable of challenging for trophies. But the direction the owners have taken is of prudency.

They talked the big talk about making Liverpool the best club in England if not Europe,

Yet when it came to appointing a manager they looked at Martinez and Rodgers, two novices.

All the experience in the squad is slowly being pushed out, and the team now resembles a youth club.

Of course all Managers are interested in Money, you dont think Mourinho went back to Chelsea for the love of the club do you.

Look how much Everton had to pay Moyes a salary to keep him.

There are other managers who i believe are'nt driven by money. Guardiola for one. who i think personally would rather manage Man Utd or Arsenal or even Us than City or Chelsea.

The operative word is 'challenging.' I know its hard to believe but the club has nowhere near as deep pockets as the clubs we generally mix it with. United can outspend us, City can outspend us, chelsea can outspend us. arsenal can outspend us.

FSG dont have the money to outspend any of them unless they put the club into debt. So where exactly is the money coming from to allow the club to win instead of challenge? Higher tickets, more sponsorship, fairies at the bottom of the garden?

Forget about balancing the books for FFP for a moment, FSG could increase spending by 50% or more and those clubs would still outspend us.

You say Guardiola may not be driven by money. You might be right. But he will be driven about going to a club that is successful. Do you think he'd go to Sevilla or Valencia because I dont.