You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Skrtel to be charged

Jennings

It was reported VG worked hard on discipline during the week even role playing the referee himself. Obviously he had looked at the stats and the history and worked out keeping 11 men on the pitch in this fixture was likely to be important. We on the other hand go charging in like headless chickens . lose the game by a country mile and after the FA finish with Skrtel we'll face having two key players slde-lined for 3 games . Wonder if Rodgers bothered reading them the riot act about reckless challenges . After all the hyperbole over Costa for us to do what we did yesterday was mind bogglingly fucking stupid. 

• Upvote 4

If that's a stomp worthy of a three-match ban then really, he should be allowed to revisit that situation and actually make a worthwhile stomp to validate the punishment. 

It's like saying you've shit yourself when your bums just dribbled. 

Shitting yourself is when your socks get moist. 

I don't see how that is any different to Costa's stamp on Skrtel for which he was unpunished after review because the leg stamped on was moving and not a stationary target to deliberately aim at. I hope our team appeal and take a video of that incident with them. He was actually the victim of that one himself and made no fuss when Costa was unpunished. But that would be expecting the FA to be consistent..

It was reported VG worked hard on discipline during the week even role playing the referee himself. Obviously he had looked at the stats and the history and worked out keeping 11 men on the pitch in this fixture was likely to be important. We on the other hand go charging in like headless chickens . lose the game by a country mile and after the FA finish with Skrtel we'll face having two key players slde-lined for 3 games . Wonder if Rodgers bothered reading them the riot act about reckless challenges . After all the hyperbole over Costa for us to do what we did yesterday was mind bogglingly fucking stupid.

Couldn't agree more...

Discipline? What like Phil Jones and Wayne Rooney? 

They got away with their indiscipline. If LVG had worked on it then they'd completely ignored him.

As for us "charging in like headless chickens", I'd have loved it if we'd actually done that instead of passively standing off and allowing them to pass the ball around in extreme comfort for the first 35 minutes.

• Upvote 6

I agree with the above. They got away with their indiscipline, while ours costs us dearly.

They didn't stamp on any our players if I recall. Jones got booked but he's a lost fucking cause and is a thick cunt. Other than that Herrera got a a yellow and VG hooked him, 

Van Gaal did talk up front about the importance of "controlling your emotions". He was right of course, but then again it's also a bit easier to behave when you're winning isnt't it.

On the positive I choose to see the incidents with Gerrard and Skrtel as a sign that they actually share some of the feelings of the supporters.

That doesn't of course change the fact that the three match ban for Skrtel is about as obvious as it gets.

Am I the only one that doesn't think he stamps at all?

He just keeps running, then jumps up and out the way at the first chance?

He doesn't leave his foot in or move his leg in to a different position? 

I agree, and if he wanted to hurt him he would have landed on his knee

They didn't stamp on any our players if I recall. Jones got booked but he's a lost fucking cause and is a thick cunt. Other than that Herrera got a a yellow and VG hooked him, 

Oh well, if he's a thick cunt that makes it okay to go charging late and high through Henderson in a way that had several national reporters describing it as lucky not to get a straight red. 

Oh, and the way he went through Lallana. No yellow card.

Oh, and Rooney kicking out at Mignolet. Nothing.

Other than that they were the epitome of the kind of ice-cool emotionless self-control we can only aspire to.

I watched it on mexican tv. It was simple. The ref was a bent cunt, the mancs got away with murder, we got jack shit. They thought Jones should have been Roja Directa, Rooney should have been booked, the Balo one was a booking for Smalling, Skrtel stamp was iffy, ref saw it and didn't do anything. Basically normal view of the match. 

I can always tell when the pundits have done a stitch up job on us because of the posts on here and certain phrases start leaking out. It's a mass propaganda job at times. Why is it that their scum fans get away with singing all that offensive shite? We couldn't. 

Why is Rooney not being charged for his kick on Mignolet?

From what I remember (through a drunken haze) Mig jumped to catch the ball with Rooney on the ground. Mig landed on one leg, and Rooney kicks him on the ankle of the only leg supporting his body weight whilst landing from a height. Far more dangerous than what Skrtel is being charged with.

Same way Jones' tackle on Henderson. Far more dangerous and likely to cause injury than anything that Gerrard did. But because it's "part of the game" it's only a yellow. Again from what I can remember, Gerrard didn't even catch Herrera with his studs. It was the bit between the front and back studs that made contact. Jones could've done real damage to both Lallana and Henderson.

Oh well, if he's a thick cunt that makes it okay to go charging late and high through Henderson in a way that had several national reporters describing it as lucky not to get a straight red. 

Oh, and the way he went through Lallana. No yellow card.

Oh, and Rooney kicking out at Mignolet. Nothing.

Other than that they were the epitome of the kind of ice-cool emotionless self-control we can only aspire to.

Atkinson didn't do us any favours on Sunday but i cant recall him being seriously shit before. Utd were better than us in every department and that's what pisses me off not the fact the ref could have given us a couple of more decisions.