You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool v Stoke City (Premier League, Saturday, 29th November 2014)

Nelly-Szoboszlai

Good that we've stopped the root and we've got a few favourable fixtures in the next week. If Sterling, who I thought was man of the match, Lucas, Allen and Mignolet can repeat those performances, the mood around the club could change drastically by next Saturday. I'm still concerned by the changes Rodgers makes and his in-game management generally, but it didn't hurt us today and presumably it means we'll have some quality rested players to start against Leicister.

Whoever was commentating with Houghton and was banging on about Stoke wondering how they could lose this can go fuck himself. Really, you cunt? All stats were near identical, both teams hit the bar, as well as created a similar number of decent chances. Fine if Stoke thought they were good for a point, but making out it was one-way traffic to them was just weird.

Oh and him talking shite again about Lambert's header being offside like it was the most obvious thing in the world. What the fuck? It was borderline you stupid twat. Not a Liverpool fan, whoever the fuck he is.

I can't believe some of these cunts get paid actual money to come up with some of the shit they do, honestly.

• Upvote 1

My stream kept buffering so did i miss something . Why was there 7 minutes stoppage time ?

I thought it was very strange as well.  Even stranger was that it occasioned absolutely no remark at all from the commentators.  I thought we would have been unlucky to even have 4 or 5 minutes, but 7?  Really surprised me.

The Johnson injury was 2 min 30 sec, by the way, according to the BBC.  And there weren't any other significant stoppages.

3 points is 3 points. Did deserve the win today but really it was two piss poor teams with one of them edging it.Shame about the goal scorer. A reason to continuing starting the cunt. Not that Rodgers has needed one.

Time of the year getting you down mate?

• Upvote 2

I thought it was very strange as well.  Even stranger was that it occasioned absolutely no remark at all from the commentators.  I thought we would have been unlucky to even have 4 or 5 minutes, but 7?  Really surprised me.

The Johnson injury was 2 min 30 sec, by the way, according to the BBC.  And there weren't any other significant stoppages.

Weird , So with 4 subs should have been max 5 minutes.

I'd like to see if the fourth official can do basic arithmetic . More likely that watch Webb told him to use for any Liverpool games where they are winning after 90 minutes  

Well done! I'm sure it's been said already but it there must have been some broken teacups at the half. At the end I was thinking that some of them must read blogs after all, especially this one, in Johnson's case! Took guts for that and playing for the shirt. Good job!

Was Stoke away last season that started me believing we could do some great things. Sure I'm not convinced after this but it's a good start!

I think no matter who we have have at centre back, we need to have a defensive midfielder sitting. We aren't going to blow teams away without the two boys up front so neglecting that, like we had been doing is simply not an option.

Has Brendan finally twigged this? I'm not so sure but we'll see in the next two games. Its his head on the line. 

Longterm we need to figure out a balance as its clear that the attacking side of things is off but with the lack of striking options its just imperative the backline is shored up. Who knows, it might even end up being a good thing as what we did last season was a bit of a freak. I'm convinced that half the reason our defenders are dribbling wrecks is because they are being left exposed so often.

• Upvote 2

As a sidenote a thought that Bojan showed some real moments of quality , he almost scored a brilliant volley near the end too!

saved by mignolet wasn't it, also made a great save from diouf which I thought he should have came for earlier but he proved he was right to stay.

I thought coutinho was every bit as good if not better than bojan today. yes he hit the post and hit that sweet volley but coutinho never stopped trying to make things happen.

if he coutinhos like that he'll be back to his best soon.

Thought everyone played well today. Lucas man of match for me.

Rodgers substitutions the last two games have baffled me taking off coutinho for Lovren was silly we sat back and just hoofed every ball back when we won it back inviting them on us again.

I'm hoping it's down to nerves with both the team and manager been in bad form and we won't see it again.

Also 7 fucking minutes? The ref was a fucking wanker today!

I think no matter who we have have at centre back, we need to have a defensive midfielder sitting. We aren't going to blow teams away without the two boys up front so neglecting that, like we had been doing is simply not an option.

Has Brendan finally twigged this? I'm not so sure but we'll see in the next two games. Its his head on the line. 

Longterm we need to figure out a balance as its clear that the attacking side of things is off but with the lack of striking options its just imperative the backline is shored up. Who knows, it might even end up being a good thing as what we did last season was a bit of a freak. I'm convinced that half the reason our defenders are dribbling wrecks is because they are being left exposed so often.

he has to pick the same back 4 and 2 in front with lambert up front. The only changes should be rotating the 3 behind lambert.

chelsea have played the same 8 or 9 all season just changing oscar, schurrle, ramires and willian. hasn't hurt them.

we have a solution here so lets implement it in every game.

Kolo toure is quality, those howlers he made against west brom and Fulham made him a derisory character, he's miles ahead of lovren and skrtel, a proper brave defender with one of the best attitudes I've seen in a red shirt.

Completely agree, especially on the point about the 2 howlers.

Just back from the match.

I thought that the midfield trio we started with is...well... a bit insipid...sort of one-dimensional and uninspiring... and lacking in penetration.

If Rodgers is going to bench Gerrard and use him for impact then I would prefer

Allen ---Can--- Hendo

It has a slightly more attacking feel to it.

Also I have a problem with Coutinho. I would firstly say he is excellent on the ball, however he is very ineffective without the ball. He needs to add this to his game. Currently he is a luxury player that our midfield can't finance. 

My suggestion would be to use Lallana for this role, he is much better at closing and harrying whilst also being able to play.

• Upvote 1