You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rickie Lambert

bouncebrigade

I know why a lot of fans want this transfer to work but he's hopeless in a Rodgers team and it's clear now that Rodgers doesn't want him too. I think this may result in the Borini treatment, probably to the benefit of Ibe since he stayed.

I honestly think it'd be more productive in the long run if Rodgers got an idea of what a player could do before he bought them.

• Upvote 1

I honestly think it'd be more productive in the long run if Rodgers got an idea of what a player could do before he bought them.

Agreed, it's happened to nearly all of our signings - first team to wilderness and occasionally, but not often, back again, then out on loan, wages too high to sell. Terrible transfer policy.

Another one of Rodgers bad signings that would have made us a profit if he was interested in playing football.

Can't blame lambert as he left being in a comfortable position at Southampton and leaving after 6 months makes him look like a big failure.

Can't see him getting much game time but fair play to him, at least in the summer we should get most of our money back.

Another one of Rodgers bad signings that would have made us a profit if he was interested in playing football.

Can't blame lambert as he left being in a comfortable position at Southampton and leaving after 6 months makes him look like a big failure.

Can't see him getting much game time but fair play to him, at least in the summer we should get most of our money back.

He moved to the club he supports six months ago, at the age of 32, having risen from League 2. Can't believe he doesn't want to fuck off and be Benteke's understudy at Villa.

• Upvote 3

Don't think Lambert will be arsed we tried to sell him, I'm sure he knows he's a bit out of his league but is just enjoying himself. Fair play to the lad. What a way to see out the last year or so of your career at the club you always supported? If he can just be around Melwood and harbour a dream of pulling out the odd winning goal that's probably preferable to playing every game at Villa, maybe not if he was 24, but he's not.

It did the trick when we tried to flog Henderson to Fulham. Henderson started to look like a footballer from precisely that point.

Agreed, it did. Difficult to compare the 2 given their particular paths to premier league status but a kick up the arse is never a bad thing for some.

Agreed, it did. Difficult to compare the 2 given their particular paths to premier league status but a kick up the arse is never a bad thing for some.

Hard to see Lambert improving much. He's at the fag end of his career unlike Hendo who needed to unleash his potential . I'm afraid Ricky's potential was unleashed quite some time ago

I would prefer if he had left, would have enabled us to make a profit on a poor transfer and all that, but I can perfectly understand why he hasn't.  Still think we'll get most of our money back in the summer and maybe he can pop up with a goal or two until then.  Not a bad player, just not the right player for us.

Why the fuck would he go to Villa? As a massive Liverpool fan, still with ambitions of an FA cup and Europa League win as well as trying to finish in the top 4. I completely understand his decision, he's come from a decent Southampton side scoring 29 PL goals in the process, what's the logic of giving it up to go and play for a far worse side than he came from 8 months ago. although he's not going to play a great deal here, it's a damn sight better than going to 11 goal scored sinking ship Aston Villa, with a manager whos on very tenterhooks. To be involved in the squad here still must be very special for Rickie.

• 2 weeks later...

Reading some of his quotes from the article on LFC.tv, he really is living the dream, isn't he? As for playing more, hopefully the games keep piling up from here on, as it means the reds are still in multiple competitions and it will also mean quite a few appearances from Rickie yet. 

I really do hope this guy gets to score in front of the Kop. A sweet hit like the late one against Villa would do nicely. 

• Upvote 1

Reading some of his quotes from the article on LFC.tv, he really is living the dream, isn't he? As for playing more, hopefully the games keep piling up from here on, as it means the reds are still in multiple competitions and it will also mean quite a few appearances from Rickie yet. 

I really do hope this guy gets to score in front of the Kop. A sweet hit like the late one against Villa would do nicely. 

Maybe we should keep a position open in the squad for the biggest Liverpool fans; we could bring them on for the last 10 minutes in front of the Kop in the hopes that they get to score as a reward for being such massive fans. As soon as they score, they are swapped out for the next fan. What romance!

• 2 months later...