You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dejan Lovren

WhiskeyJar

The best of Lovren is far better than Skrtel, however the worst of Lovren is far worse than Skrtel ever was.

Skrtel was far more consistent, he had numerous seasons where he was thought of as top drawer.  Lovren has had a few months without making a complete cunt of himself in four years.

• Upvote 2

I wish he was as aggressive against opposition strikers as he is against Russian punk musicians.

I disagree completely. He’s almost too aggressive. That’s his main downfall. I’d like for him to be more measured in his approach.

Skrtel was far more consistent, he had numerous seasons where he was thought of as top drawer. Lovren has had a few months without making a complete cunt of himself in four years.

Skrtel was never top drawer. You must have confused him Dan Agger who at his best was one of the best defenders in the league.

I disagree completely. He’s almost too aggressive. That’s his main downfall. I’d like for him to be more measured in his approach.

I was using artistic licence to get my Pussy Riot gag in , sorry aRdja.

To be fair I think Klopp asks him to be the more aggressive of the 2 central defenders , but my main worry is that when he makes a mistake he tries too much too soon to try to eradicate the memory and ends up making the situation worse on most occasions.

• Upvote 1

I was using artistic licence to get my Pussy Riot gag in , sorry aRdja.

To be fair I think Klopp asks him to be the more aggressive of the 2 central defenders , but my main worry is that when he makes a mistake he tries too much too soon to try to eradicate the memory and ends up making the situation worse on most occasions.

Agreed. If it had been him who made the mistake in the CL quarters second leg that gifted City the opened (as opposed to Van Dijk), we probably would’ve gone out.

By remembering Tottenham away,Man U away,Roma's first goal at Anfield and so on.

I think we probably have to accept that with the guy. He'll cost us a few goals and points next season with a couple of awful mistakes that Van Dijk would never make.

The fact that he's generally excellent the rest of the time buys him credit with me.

By remembering Tottenham away,Man U away,Roma's first goal at Anfield and so on.

Two of those were Pre-VVD, and one was when we were winning 5-0.

Theres been a genuine improvement in him since Virgil came in, and not in an increased number of clean sheets so the stats look better way like in the case of Karius.

He's been one of our best players in the second half of the season. He clearly suits not being the main CB in the partnership, if he's got somebody next to him keeping a handle on things and telling him what to do then he's sound. As long as he isn't thinking too much.

It might be a problem if Virgil gets injured, because then we're relying on Lovren to organise the defence and telling Klavan/Matip what to do. Hopefully Alisson does his bit here.

I like the guy, and I hope that people can keep an open mind and put his past behind him and give him the credit he deserves after good performances, which he's been putting in more often than not lately.

On top of that he's brates with Salah, so that can only be a good thing for team morale.

I think Utd was post-VVD

Possibly.

My point still stands anyway, there's definitely been a significant improvement since Virgil came in, nobody can deny that.

I just say give him a clean slate going into next season, and we'll see how he does, because I think he'll change a few minds.

I don't think he is generally excellent. I'm on board with the 'clean slate's though, aside from having no real choice about it because he's our first choice RCB, he also now has a top keeper, a top partner, and a quality DM to play with. He calls himself one of the best in the world, play like it.