Quantcast
Mignolet - Page 133 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
TK421

Mignolet

Martin Keown had a narrative last night that he takes an age to do anything, his mind was made up and he emphasized it at every opportunity. I've seen Karius in the flesh twice and both times I thought he was the exact opposite, decision made to release the ball or leave his box in an instant, maybe made to quick. Last night he got to everything in plenty of time, nothing to panic about at all. Everyone has an opinion I just don't get how ours can be so apart?

Finally,somebody who I agree with. Karius is young and not a first choice yet,but as understudy to a decent and experienced keeper he would continue to improve immensely. With Mignolet this wont happen as he probably feels hes his equal despite less experience.

VVD made Karius look slow. His decision making is awful and is at best an average keeper for now.

Mig on the other hand is just bang on bad. The Xhaka goal against Arsenal just highlights it.

Strange thing is though he is vocal but I am not sure if he is doing it for the cameras or if he is spouting shit.

Fucking Hell virtually every team in the PL has better keepers than us. Why are we discussing these two any longer, Buy someone you cunts,

• Upvote 2

Alisson or Oblak. Would require a world record fee for a goalkeeper, but we should do it and sort the position for years to come.

Mignolet should be moved on. I can understand the question mark over Karius, as he was decent in Germany and there’s a chance he could settle and kick on here. But then you have to ask, is Liverpool Football Club a finishing school for such an important position?

It’s one thing to give games to TAA and Gomez at right back, and put up with an occasional mistake, as you get the feeling that they will both be in and around the team for years to come. What we’ve done with them is good.

But you would have to think we need to bring in the best quality we possibly can for the goalkeeping position, as a top goalie will be worth at least six extra points over the course of the season, not to mention the benefit of having confidence spread through the team.

Oblak or Alisson. Use the Coutinho money and get it done!

Love us to sign a better keeper than the ones we have. But that Allison is Brasilian and if he turns out to be a worldie we will go through the South American wants to go to one of Spains big two again in 4 or 5 years and I would rather not. So go all out for this Oblak fella. Hopefully he has not South American connections.

Love us to sign a better keeper than the ones we have. But that Allison is Brasilian and if he turns out to be a worldie we will go through the South American wants to go to one of Spains big two again in 4 or 5 years and I would rather not. So go all out for this Oblak fella. Hopefully he has not South American connections.

Alternatively this Allisson dude might just pursuade our Bobby to stick around a little longer ?

Alternatively this Allisson dude might just pursuade our Bobby to stick around a little longer ?

Bobby is not at Barca or Madrid levels

If Bobby kops a lot of abuse over this holgate scam even is no charges brought he could well decide to leave England whether Allison is here or not.

If Bobby kops a lot of abuse over this holgate scam even is no charges brought he could well decide to leave England whether Allison is here or not.

What next,a Brazilian named Malcolm?

Why would this Alisson guy leave Roma right now by the way?

They topped a decent group in the champions league, ok, they're not doing too good in Serie A, but Roma would hardly let a goalkeeper go in January.

Stop dreaming lads. Mignolet and karius are our options for the foreseeable future.

Don't want to take the Tommy Lawrence thread off course so I will stick this in here.

It was pointed out Lawrence went a full year without conceding a single goal at the kop end and I noticed that our very own Simon Mingolet has not conceded one at the kop end since Benteke for Palace on April 23rd.

Don't want to take the Tommy Lawrence thread off course so I will stick this in here.

It was pointed out Lawrence went a full year without conceding a single goal at the kop end and I noticed that our very own Simon Mingolet has not conceded one at the kop end since Benteke for Palace on April 23rd.

Let me guess what will happen on Sunday !

Has there been a shot on target?

• Upvote 2

https://twitter.com/SMignolet/status/951107600371929088/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.givemesport.com%2F1234006-what-simon-mignolet-tweeted-to-a-liverpool-fan-who-made-fun-of-him

Why open yourself up to this?

Mignolet: iam the best goal keeper in the world
Sturridge: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA 1f602.png1f602.png

Come on guys, I have read this one before... You're wittier than that, aren't you? 1f609.pnghttps://twitter.com/ahmedeldesouky0/status/951109112972095489 

The former Sunderland goalkeeper took to social media to engage with fans, urging them to caption a photo involving himself and Daniel Sturridge.

As you might have guessed, Mignolet received quite a lot of stick from Liverpool fans - but he actually responded to one of them.

Zero marks for originality from Mignolet.

“Everyone has an opinion and they’re entitled to that," said Mignolet in December. "With all the social media, people can vent those opinions. You have to accept it, it comes with playing for a club as big as Liverpool.

“I think keepers have always needed to have a thick skin but probably even more so these days.”

Only Sturridge, Jordan Henderson and Jon Flanagan have been at the club longer than Mignolet.

“It’s not easy to stay at Liverpool for a long time,” the 29-year-old Belgian said.

“Liverpool Football Club can attract any player, really. To stay here and be the goalkeeper, where there is only position to fill, makes it even harder.

“When I was young if I had thought about playing for Liverpool everyone would have told me that I was nuts."

Encouraging that he’s been dropped. It would suggest Jurgen is as aware of the need to improve in the area as the rest of us. Even with great managers, there’s always the risk of a blind spot or sustained criticism making them more stubborn in certain choices that seem obvious to everyone else. He obviously sees the necessity for vast improvement.

I’m not convinced Karius is the solution, but at least we’ll get more of an idea of that over the next while.

• Upvote 1