You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Gerrard vs Lambert in a penalty taking competition. 7011 all, and the players break for a sleep.

Ace signing, he'll totally fit into our long ball and crossing style of play and has valuable experience of playing in the Champions League he can pass on to the young lads. Another Liverpool transfer success story.

Know what you mean the ale house football Southampton played to the big carthorse eh. Last thing we need is a big forward who scores and creates coming of the bench and, you know, scoring or creating. The new John Sread. Grrrrrr !

A lot of his goals in the prem atleast have come from penaltys which he will not take here, he wasn't a regular starter for soton last year and has spent most of his career in the lower leagues.

The fact hes a good red doesn't change the fact hes shit, also because he may be better than aspas or borini who have been shit for us does not mean he is a good signing, we need better then all three.

Rodgers was looking too perfect last season, hopefully transfers is not his weakness and as someone said hopefully this is not a summer like the one we got diao and diouf.

who you where no doubt pissing your pants with excitement about, what with them being foreigners. Lambert strengthens the squad, already having him and Borini on the bench gives us better options than Aspas and that fucking idle bastard from chelsea. 

• Upvote 1

who you where no doubt pissing your pants with excitement about, what with them being foreigners. Lambert strengthens the squad, already having him and Borini on the bench gives us better options than Aspas and that fucking idle bastard from chelsea.

It really doesn't. We'd have a good first 11 and an absolutely mediocre bench.

The question isn't about 'do you want lambert' anymore etc... This is happening. What's worrying me is not the actually signing but the time and exposure that this piece of business is taking. I prefer to see this as a stab in the dark and a trial run of things to come of how signings are going to happen under Rodgers in the new pressured environment he finds himself in along with Ian ayre. I just hope this doesn't turn into a media circus and drag out and detract from the real business we plan to do this summer. Hopefully it's is a tactical distraction while we zone in on our real quality targets.

• Downvote 3

The question isn't about 'do you want lambert' anymore etc... This is happening. What's worrying me is not the actually signing but the time and exposure that this piece of business is taking. I prefer to see this as a stab in the dark and a trial run of things to come of how signings are going to happen under Rodgers in the new pressured environment he finds himself in along with Ian ayre. I just hope this doesn't turn into a media circus and drag out and detract from the real business we plan to do this summer. Hopefully it's is a tactical distraction while we zone in on our real quality targets.

What the fuck are you on about? I mean, seriously, what the fuck is all that shit you've wrote?

• Upvote 3

Signing a decent experienced local striker with good numbers, who's flourished in a team playing similar football to us while offering something different as well, to compete with a young up and coming forward as back-up to the top striking partnership in the league has pretty much just killed my summer off.

• Upvote 3

Of course it does.

Nope. Let's say Sturridge is having a stinker are we going to take him off for Lambert? No, because Sturridge is a trillion times better. If Suarez is out injured will Lambert come in using the same formation? No, because he's not as good as Sterling or Coutinho. So it's a completely pointless signing.

Nope. Let's say Sturridge is having a stinker are we going to take him off for Lambert? No, because Sturridge is a trillion times better. If Suarez is out injured will Lambert come in using the same formation? No, because he's not as good as Sterling or Coutinho. So it's a completely pointless signing.

Boil your head, you miserable sod.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I suspect he is being purchased for FA and League cup games, and potentially games like against Chelsea this season.

If Sturridge is having a stinker, then why wouldn't we bring him on?

Also why does it have to be a striker who's withdrawn? Say we are drawing 1-1 with Palace and everyone looks shot and bereft of ideas... You could easily replace a midfielder with Lambert to give us a new dimension with both Suarez and Sturridge. We are buying a very composed finisher too so it's not like were going to abandon the game plan and throw on the battering ram as there is so much more to Lamberts game. His first touch as an International footballer resulted in a goal. What does that tell you about his belief and his mentality? He's game ready. And we need that sort of head next season when the chips are down. And trust me the chips will be down a few times. We are going to be a lot more tired as a squad if the foray into Europe is a successful one.

So much negativity man.

• Upvote 1

Inspired signing, especially if Aspas does leave and it effectively costs us nothing.

I hope we wrap up a few of our other targets soon too...if the world cup starts and we have already signed Lambert, Lallana, Moreno and this Emre Can fella I will be buzzing.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Inspired signing, especially if Aspas does leave and it effectively costs us nothing.

I hope we wrap up a few of our other targets soon too...if the world cup starts and we have already signed Lambert, Lallana, Moreno and this Emre Can fella I will be buzzing.

Buzzing? We'd have spent shit loads withough really addressing our problems.

Ace signing, he'll totally fit into our long ball and crossing style of play and has valuable experience of playing in the Champions League he can pass on to the young lads. Another Liverpool transfer success story.

So true mate, its also great that Southampton have been playing long ball crossing play for the last two years too. Thank god they haven't played a high pressing quick passing style of play, cause that's the last thing we want to do.

Buzzing? We'd have spent shit loads withough really addressing our problems.

We'd have a new left back, a new DM, and quality on the bench.

Aside from maybe another centre half, what other problems are there to address?

• Upvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

We'd have a new left back, a new DM, and quality on the bench.

Aside from maybe another centre half, what other problems are there to address?

Except the fullback won't solve our defensive issues and the DM will be playing a bit part.