You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

18 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Its a tough one. The referee would have been better making the decision without your consultation face to face. If he/she trusts you then a hand signal,not noticeable to the players should be agreed beforehand. If I were you I'd use the flag for ins and outs and not wave it about as it acts as a red rag to a bull. A simple thumbs up or down could have had the ref looking like they made the decision themselves and saved a lot of hassle for both of you. You mainly though.

In our league, all the refs specify at the start of the game "throw ins and offsides". I did have one ref tell me to follow the play and not flag until the attacker had actually touched the ball. At 50, I'm fucked if I'm keeping pace with 14 year olds, so I just flagged from where the player was off. My original gripe was against the kids who argue every decision (they did in that last game I mentioned as well, giving me sarcastic little claps) - and that always stems from their manager.

6 hours ago, Rushies tash said:

Just run the line for my 14 year old lad's team. I pride myself on being completely impartial and I do a pretty good job. I had to disallow a last minute equalising goal for the opposition for offside and the abuse these lads felt like they could throw my way was something else. I can understand them being frustrated, but it was the correct decision and I'm fucked if I'm getting called out by a 14 year old kid. 

I'll fucking cut you, you blind cunt.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Rushies tash said:

In our league, all the refs specify at the start of the game "throw ins and offsides". I did have one ref tell me to follow the play and not flag until the attacker had actually touched the ball. At 50, I'm fucked if I'm keeping pace with 14 year olds, so I just flagged from where the player was off. My original gripe was against the kids who argue every decision (they did in that last game I mentioned as well, giving me sarcastic little claps) - and that always stems from their manager.

If I was paid a quid for every moaning cunt of a teenager who argued with me over run of the mill decisions I'd be on similar money to Salah! I find the kids who moan are among the better players in their team but are really nothing special in the grand scheme of things. They just want somebody else to blame other than themselves as its bad for their credibility.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Every time I go upstairs on a bus I bang my head, then manage to do it 10 minutes later when I get off too.

This must be what Richard Osman's life is like.

Can you not do that? Might be better for you, and the bus probably.

25 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Every time I go upstairs on a bus I bang my head, then manage to do it 10 minutes later when I get off too.

Simply add a hard hat to the collection. 

• Upvote 1

Bit of a niche one but music reaction videos on YouTube.

I cant be arsed with people in their forties who pretend they have never heard of Michael Jackson and say its the first time they have ever seen the Thriller video.

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, John102 said:

I cant be arsed with people in their forties who pretend they have never heard of Michael Jackson and say its the first time they have ever seen the Thriller video.

I purposely delete recommended 'reaction' videos from youtube's logorithms for me. Who gives a fuck!

29 minutes ago, elvis said:

Working for South Africans , snidey little fucking rats . 

To help you get through the day

”I've travelled this old world of ours from Barnsley to Peru, 
I've had sunstroke in the arctic and a swim in Timbuktu, 
I've seen unicorns in Burma and a Yeti in Nepal, 
And I've danced with ten-foot pygmies in a Montezuma hall, 
I've met the King of China and a working Yorkshire miner, 
But I've never met a nice South African!

(Chorus) 
No he's never met a nice South African, 
And that's not bloody surprising man, 
'Cause we're a bunch of arrogant bastards who hate black people!” 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Kepler-186 said:

(Chorus) 

Brilliant. Tough to get away with that today like.

1 hour ago, Kepler-186 said:

(Chorus) 

Ha , I think I'll send this to the little prick on his WhatsApp, once I've been paid of course. 

Fitting  a floor for the little pedantic freak. The whole apartment and the poor little soul is struggling with the upheaval, bless him.

I mean , who the fuck gets out of bed every morning , and folds his duvet in a square , sticks it on the middle of his bed with pillows on top ?

Freak

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, John102 said:

I get what you're saying about random dickheads as you have mentioned, I don't bother with them but I do occasionally watch stuff by actual musicians who often look at artists you may not have heard of or they break down the components of songs from a production POV.

I regularly which stuff by Rick Beato or Justin Hawkins for example.

On 21/01/2024 at 21:53, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Fuck off you tall cunt

Edit - I’m only jealous