You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

10 hours ago, Waitak said:

This winds me up too. I wanted a drainage job done, and found a local company advertising their services. The owner came over, had a look at the job, then sent me a written quote a few days later. I accepted the quote by return and asked when they could start the job. This was about three months ago, and since then, it's been complete silence.  If you don't want the job, just say so. If you've got too much work on, just say so. Why even bother advertising ? 

All of the above!

Update on my efforts…

…shortly after I posted that the electrician did get back to me and I am hoping that in the next hour he’ll turn up with the right fittings to begin the job.

The wait for the boiler repair continues…

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Must be a poster on here. You smoked him out. 

I had begun to wonder if everyone on here worked in the trade when no-one replied to my OP

Update on the update…

…he’s arrived!

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Is he fit, Cath?

Who cares! He’s done the job already and passed on the number of someone for a different job. Won’t have a bad word said about these hardworking people

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Champ said:

Who cares! He’s done the job already and passed on the number of someone for a different job. Won’t have a bad word said about these hardworking people

No problem, Champ. Happy to help. 

1 hour ago, TheBitch said:

No problem, Champ. Happy to help. 

Your little joke about the ancient bathroom fan sounding like the Hadron Collider was quite funny to be fair 

2 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

The council being 4 days late emptying the bins.

They've managed to empty half of the streets bins, but our half still hasn't been done.

About five years ago they didn't empty our because the lid wasn't full pushed down. It wasn't like I'd piled bags up on top. Literally about an inch ajar. Lazy twats

2 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

The council being 4 days late emptying the bins.

They've managed to empty half of the streets bins, but our half still hasn't been done.

To be fair this is one of the things I still love about this country, the idea that something like this is outrageous. If you go to Greece there's iron girders sticking out of the road and downed power lines next to the pool.

31 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

About five years ago they didn't empty our because the lid wasn't full pushed down. It wasn't like I'd piled bags up on top. Literally about an inch ajar. Lazy twats

That does my head in.

28 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

To be fair this is one of the things I still love about this country, the idea that something like this is outrageous. If you go to Greece there's iron girders sticking out of the road and downed power lines next to the pool.

You make a fair point mate, but at the same time this is what we pay council tax for, for services such as refuse collection.

If they're a day or 2 late fair does, and yeah I know they've got staff shortages, but 4 fucking days (may as well say 5 now even if they come tomorrow)!

It's the recycling that hasn't been collected, the non-recyclable is due this coming Monday, are they gonna pull the same shit with that?

And also, why do half the street and leave the other half? It makes no frigging sense!

It also means a trip to the tip to get rid of the recycling we've amassed since Monday as we can't fit anything else in our recycling bins.

Anyhow it's a pain in the arse.

1 hour ago, chrisbonnie said:

Oddly unexpected angles your piss can come out at. 

You aim your flute as best you can, then sometimes, not often, it can literally go straight down, or 90 degrees left or right. Thus splashing the floor.... 

Hahaha.

Best sitting down on the bog like a lady so!

Or piss in the sink....

2 hours ago, chrisbonnie said:

Oddly unexpected angles your piss can come out at. 

You aim your flute as best you can, then sometimes, not often, it can literally go straight down, or 90 degrees left or right. Thus splashing the floor.... 

Splashing the floor? Luxury, try pissing on your feet/socks or up your leg

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Is it still the council who do the bins by you or a sub contracted private company?

As far as I am aware mate it is the council. I think they outsourced it years back, but then brought it back in house.

Doesn't help that the council is filled with I'm alright Jack Nu-Labour drones who are about as much use as a patio door on a submarine.

8 hours ago, Remmie said:

Splashing the floor? Luxury, try pissing on your feet/socks or up your leg

Exactly, 

It's a pain in the bollox. Ok, it rarely happens, and maybe that's why it's so bloody annoying, because you've literally no idea when it's going to happen. 

Kind of like getting a ride off the missus. It's when you least expect it, 

• Upvote 1

Just run the line for my 14 year old lad's team. I pride myself on being completely impartial and I do a pretty good job. I had to disallow a last minute equalising goal for the opposition for offside and the abuse these lads felt like they could throw my way was something else. I can understand them being frustrated, but it was the correct decision and I'm fucked if I'm getting called out by a 14 year old kid. 

19 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

Just run the line for my 14 year old lad's team. I pride myself on being completely impartial and I do a pretty good job. I had to disallow a last minute equalising goal for the opposition for offside and the abuse these lads felt like they could throw my way was something else. I can understand them being frustrated, but it was the correct decision and I'm fucked if I'm getting called out by a 14 year old kid. 

I do this also, shite job. I had one of the oppos dad's call me a fucking cheat the other week because didn't call a throw in their way, wouldn't mind but it clear as day came off their player.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rushies tash said:

Welcome to the world of a referee. No unqualified linesman rules out goals for me though,I only do that myself. Ins and Outs only is your role.

6 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Welcome to the world of a referee. No unqualified linesman rules out goals for me though,I only do that myself. Ins and Outs only is your role.

Yeah, I explained to him exactly what had happened (the goalscorer had been offside when a shot came in, the keeper saved it and he then knocked in the rebound) and left it to him. He's reffed a few of our games and knows that I know what I'm doing, but if he'd have decided that on balance, a dad from the home team couldn't be trusted to be impartial in that situation, I'd have understood as well.

14 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

Yeah, I explained to him exactly what had happened (the goalscorer had been offside when a shot came in, the keeper saved it and he then knocked in the rebound) and left it to him. He's reffed a few of our games and knows that I know what I'm doing, but if he'd have decided that on balance, a dad from the home team couldn't be trusted to be impartial in that situation, I'd have understood as well.

Its a tough one. The referee would have been better making the decision without your consultation face to face. If he/she trusts you then a hand signal,not noticeable to the players should be agreed beforehand. If I were you I'd use the flag for ins and outs and not wave it about as it acts as a red rag to a bull. A simple thumbs up or down could have had the ref looking like they made the decision themselves and saved a lot of hassle for both of you. You mainly though.