You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

5 hours ago, A Red said:

"Home cooked food"

No it isn't, you don't cook it at home and bring it in.

I swerve anywhere that uses that tired expression. You just know it’s going to be reheated pre packed shite

• Upvote 1

On 27/04/2016 at 16:53, Bobby Hundreds said:

Bought a packet of snowballs, haven't had them in years. Turns out they are now tiny. Cunting shrinkflation.

I found an upside to shrinkflation

Served up 4 portions of viennetta tonight, half portion left for me to scoff while I’m doing said chopping.

afterwards, “eh love, any more of the Viennetta left?”

me - Nah love, cunting shrinkflation

Bosch 

• Haha 1

People who refer to their workplace as being “like a family”.

These people are sometimes so brainwashed that they maintain this stance when their ‘family’ are getting made redundant despite shareholder payouts, and executive pay rises. 

They even believe it when they get passed over for a promotion because their face clearly doesn’t fit.

And they absolutely know it when they’re asked to work longer for less, or do more with less.

I suppose some (not all) family businesses might be “like a family” but most teams and/or businesses are not.

Similarities such as; bickering, back biting, long held resentments, unhealthy competition, outright disdain for each other, and racing to the kitchen for leftover sandwiches are not enough to declare “we are family”.

• Upvote 5

10 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

These people are sometimes so brainwashed that they maintain this stance when their ‘family’ are getting made redundant despite shareholder payouts, and executive pay rises. 

They even believe it when they get passed over for a promotion because their face clearly doesn’t fit.

And they absolutely know it when they’re asked to work longer for less, or do more with less.

I suppose some (not all) family businesses might be “like a family” but most teams and/or businesses are not.

Similarities such as; bickering, back biting, long held resentments, unhealthy competition, outright disdain for each other, and racing to the kitchen for leftover sandwiches are not enough to declare “we are family”.

Trotsky over here. 

• Upvote 1

People who say I love you really easily. Especially on reality programmes. Love island being one perfect example. “Love you my babes” you’ve know the cunt two days and she’d easily bend over for the fella you now “love” in a heartbeat 

People who watch love island 

Not you @Jennings I love you man 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

I think that people who have to work long hours over long periods of time,usually on the shopfloor,spend more time with these colleagues than they would prefer. They are like the family you would rather not spend time with,but have to. Meanwhile your blood family are relegated to 'Prison Visitor' time. I'm sure it relates to Office Workers too but I haven't spent any time in that environment.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

It's all manipulation. You see it on a lesser scale with salesmen they will be anything you need them to be if they know you'll buy whatever they are selling. They'll be your friend, your counselor, shoulder to cry on for as long as it takes for you to sign the contract. Fucking parasites.

• Upvote 1

The BBC live reporting on shit. They have a live report now on the solar eclipse. Like "Moon starts to cover sun - moon covers sun completely - moons reduces coverage of sun - moon no longer covers sun at all"

There's your report! Now fuck off!

12 hours ago, Elite said:

It's all manipulation. You see it on a lesser scale with salesmen they will be anything you need them to be if they know you'll buy whatever they are selling. They'll be your friend, your counselor, shoulder to cry on for as long as it takes for you to sign the contract. Fucking parasites.

To be fair, if you have used a salesman to be all those things, he's probably earned that sale.

• Upvote 1

I know we’ve had the opening paracetamol at the instruction end every time rant but has anyone noticed recently how hard it is to get one out???? 

Also this bottle top thing is pissing me off. I know it’s probably for the greater good but it’s ruining my experience 

1 minute ago, YorkshireRed said:

I used to work with some Eastern Europeans (more than one) that used the word ‘calibrate’. Not often, just every now and again.

For some reason it pissed me right off. No idea why. 

Bet you never told them though did you. Knew it you shithouse. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I know we’ve had the opening paracetamol at the instruction end every time rant but has anyone noticed recently how hard it is to get one out???? 

Also this bottle top thing is pissing me off. I know it’s probably for the greater good but it’s ruining my experience 

Yes! They often break in two. The nicotine lozenges I'm addicted to are the same, I have to break the foil with a nail to get at the lovely little things.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mudface said:

Yes! They often break in two. The nicotine lozenges I'm addicted to are the same, I have to break the foil with a nail to get at the lovely little things.

It’s a cunt of a job. Ibuprofen pops out like a Tuesday morning turd. 

• Upvote 1

I might have said this one before, if I haven’t someone else will have.

People who can’t shut up, even for a nano second. They fill every silence and live their lives with the belief that any old bollocks is better than peace and quiet.

In the same way that random shooters roam about looking for strangers to murder, these fuckers do the same in search of victims to talk to.

For those unfortunate enough to be in the ‘wrong place, at the wrong time’ it’s essentially death by a thousand cuts (or a million boring words).

Why can’t they just share their banal musings on an Internet forum like a normal person!

• Upvote 1

On 15/04/2024 at 19:35, Bjornebye said:

Oh, this bottle top thing is really fucking grinding my gears. You’re taking a massive gamble if you’re wearing light coloured clothes. Your day could be ruined in an instant. 

Why have they changed them?

• Upvote 1